Dawson's Creek

Alternative Lifestyles

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 21, 1998 on The WB

• What's Jen doing?

As I never get tired to say: Jen annoys me. First, she accuses Dawson of just using her and now she's practically throwing herself at him. That Abby really has a bad bad influence on her. Not only the drinking in the previous episode, but now she's offering herself like you know what... and she doesn't consider at all that Dawson is actually quite happy with Joey (although I still don't understand that either).
    The assignment was interesting especially because we got to see more of Pacey and Andie. It seems Andie is misunderstood just like him. I'm so curious what might happen between them - especially with Tamara Jacobs back in town...
  • Jen throws herself at Dawson. Joey has to write about the most successful woman she knows. Pacey and Andie get paired up for a project.

"Alternative Lifestyles" is an enjoyable episode, but not as good as other episodes. I liked the character Jen in season 1. She was so strong and now she's fallen apart. She started drinking in the previous episode and now she's throwing herslef at Dawson. When I first watched this episode I really hated it because I thought it was so out of character. But after rewatching and knowing all of her history, I do think it was appropriate for her character even though it was embarrassing. Joey kind of acted liked a jerk to Bessie. I know Joey wanted to write about a successful woman in Capeside but she could have taken a hint that Bessie could be just as successful. I love the Pacey and Andie scenes in this episode. I love how they got paired up for a project and they argued about everything and then Andie just quit. I love how Pacey came to schoool the next day with the project. I give this episode a 8.5/10.