Dawson's Creek

Castaways

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 12, 2003 on The WB

• A great episode in the midst of a lot of mediocrity.

I just saw this episode again last week. It brings the show back to the glory years of Season 3. When Pacey and Joey are together you just want it to work out for them. The conversations between Joey and Pacey in this episode are examples of some very well acted and written scenes. Both their discussion of why they can't talk about each other's sex lives and the scene after Joey shaves Pacey's beard are fantastic. My favorite part is when Pacey explains how wanting to kiss Joey is always there, "Like white noise, or the Secret Service, it's just something you get used to." By bringing the show back to the time when Pacey and Joey were together it makes the show more interesting than the rest of the season when it's focused on people like Eddie and Joey.
  • Awesome epsiode.

This is one of the best episodes of S6 and the series. Like many others I also think S6 was very weak. S6 was so weak I didn't even care anymore because it just sucked, but then comes this episode and "Clean & Sober" before it. Finally I cared again! The show was alive. This episode was hilarious, funny and romantic. I smiled and paid attention to the show again. When it comes to DC relationships no other couple or fling can beat PJ, period. They are the only two characters in this episode! They are so good only they can pull something like that off. Only Joey Potter can finally shave of that godawful goatee. I thought that thing was going to survive the entire season and that was a scary thought. lol

The episode felt like old school DC. The show fans loved for 4 seasons before the college years. I will never get tired of this episode.
  • One of the best episodes ever

I think this is one of the best episodes of the whole series. I loved how the whole episode was about Pacey and Joey (my favorite couple of DC) and Dawson was nowhere in sight. Katie and Joshua have the best chemistry out of all the people on DC. The way they were bickering brought back memories of the first couple of seasons. I thought the scene where she's shaving him was fantastic. Great writing and great acting. You could totally see the love these 2 people have for each other. And when that awful beard came off it was like having the old Pacey back :) All in all, it was a great episode.
  • Pacey and Joey get locked in a K-Mart store all night.

Brilliant episode! Pacey and Joey are stuck in a K-Mart all night. Finally! Finally, Pacey shaves his beard. I've been waiting all season for him to shave his beard. I love that Joey and Pacey got closer in this episode. And we actually got to see Pacey be himself. That guy that saw Pacey buy the condoms and then found Joey and Pacey in the morning is hilarious. Joey was so nice to tell that lady about how awesome the store is. I really hope Pacey and Joey start dating again. I give this episode a 10/10 because it was so brilliant.
  • How long have I been waiting for this?

Quite sometime. I thought this episode was brilliant. Locked inside a giant K-Mart. Which they made very beleivable I might add. The story was great, and you could cut the sexual tension with a knife. It was fun to watch the reminice about their past relationship. It was even better to watch Joey shave Pacey's beard. He was back. In all his baby face glory. The sweet fun-loving guy we came to love so much. Cuddling by the "fire" in their sleeping bags. Sharing feelings they hadn't shared with each other in so long. Perfect ending to a perfect episode.
  • Pacey and Joey are locked in a K-Mart together and they spend the night discussing their past and their future. And Joey shaves Pacey's disgusting beard, bringing back the original Pacey we all know and love.

I have been watching Dawson\'s Creek ever since it\'s third season on the air and, I must say that the third season made me a Joey and Pacey fan. Naturally, this episode appealed to me because it is all about the relationship between Pacey and Joey. There\'s humor and fun and their romantic relationship progresses, which is amazing since they have the most chemistry together out of any of the characters. The writers did a great job with this episode!