Dawson's Creek

Dance

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 27, 1998 on The WB

• Dawson feelings for Jen gets Joey jealous as he makes her his leading lady. Tamara tries to end her relationship with Pacey.

Awesome episode! I love episodes where Dawson is filming. It gives a home-made video vibe that I rally like. One of my favourite scenes is Mitch teaching Dawson about kissing. I love how Joey over hears the conversation. I love how Joey confronts Gail about the affair. I also love how Joey is all innocent but her jelousy of Jen makes her so mean. I love how Pacey tries to flirt with Tamara throughout the episode and Tamara just to put a stop to it. It's so interesting how they end up kissing at the end of the episode as she tries to break things off with Pacey. I love the ending with Dawson and Jen dancing together.
  • Major improvement but still being rushed.

This episode was bitter sweet. Dawson replaces Jen with Joey because of unkissable Pacey. Afterwards they are all attending the dance which ends in disaster when Dawson steps up and tries to take Jen from her date. Other higlights in this episode are Tamara kissing Pacey again and Joey telling Dawson's mother that she knows about her cheating. Why bitter sweet ? Well for one thing it had alot of romantic moments which are beautiful and what I watch these shows for. Moments like when Joey watched Dawson kissing the mannequin head or when she watched Jen and Dawson dancing. Bitter because they are speeding things up and overdoing them in too much drama. This show was turned into a soap in this episode. I'm okay with some appropriate dramatic and sappy events like Dawson facing off with Jen's date or Joey and Jen having a moment while getting blood of Jen's body but the writters have dragged out some things making them cheesy and annoying like all the speeches. So many speeches in one episode. You know what annoys me the most ? Dawson's sappy interpretations of everything of how everything comes from the movies. It's just an overdose of drama but the humor takes off the edge. The writers are clever at doing one thing, making you switch sides between wanting Dawson with Joey or with Jen. They make both pairings so romantic and filled with chemistry and it's always easy to pick the " must be " couple ( Joey and Dawson ) as long as the other girl is a mean b!tch but the writers made Jen as sweet as can be, and just like she made it hard for Joey to hate her, she made it hard for us to hate her too. All in all it was a major improvement from the first episode and I enjoyed it :)
  • Great episode!

Dawson wants to have his first kiss with Jen. Joey seems a little jealous of Dawson and Jen. Joey confronts Dawson's mom about her affair. Pacey continues his pursuit for Ms. Jacobs. Dawson is filming his movie. When Cliff asks Jen to the dance and she accepts, Dawson gets jealous and tries to break them apart. He and Jen end up dancing later that night while Pacey and Ms. Jacobs kiss. Dawson is put into the film class, but only as a mere study hall.

This episode was very good! I think that Joey was totally right about how cheating and affairs can damage and affect others around them and leaving very nasty scars. This episode gets a 9.0 out of 10!
  • Aw, Dawson is becoming a man!

It’s a moment we all look forward to in our lives, our first kiss! And that’s what a majority of this episode is about, Dawson pining for his first kiss.

Dance deals with Dawson searching for the best opportunity to kiss Jen, Pacey dealing with Ms. Jacobs and Joey confronting Gail about her cheating on Mitch. The episode works in a large part because

Scott Foley from Felicity fame makes his first appearance on the show as Cliff, the guy who looks far too old to be in high school. He doesn’t do much in the episode but he has possibly the best moment in the entire episode when he delivers his movie pitch to the Film teacher about a quarterback who has his arm broken in three places, but he doesn’t tell his coach and he’s going to attempt to play through the pain to get his team the championship, leaving the audience to wonder… will he do it? It’s autobiographical apparently. Priceless.

My only complaint with the episode is the freak out Dawson has at the dance when he confronts Cliff and Jen. Dawson overreacts like usual, overstating things, using big words to describe his feelings in a way that most high school kids would never, ever say… but he’s a film geek, maybe he’s smarter than the average kid.

Joshua Jackson could have been used more, he’s always a bright spot on the show, one of the better actors and he wasn’t really that involved in the storyline other than a nice scene with Leann Hunley towards the end of the episode.

With those small complaints aside, this was another solid episode to the show… much better than the title of the episode makes it seem like it'd be.