Dawson's Creek

Everything Put Together Falls Apart

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 20, 2002 on The WB

• Lovely episode

I liked this episode very much. I think Joey and Eddie are a great couple and Eddie is very sweet :), and Hatson an ass :P
    I felt sad for Dawson that Natasha sad to Max that they didnt had a relationship.
    And I liked it when Pacey and Emma kissed and Jack came in.
  • Joey is late for an exam and she fails it. There's a new actor on set and Dawson is jealous. Pacey invites Emma to a party at his workplace.

Good episode! Joey has one last exams, and she spends the night at Eddie's house studying for it. Then Eddie wakes her up early, they have sex, and she totally misses the exam. I can understand why Joey's so upset. She can't lose her scholarship. She needs to go to university, so she can get a decent job in the future. Her professor is such a jerk. And I don't mean because he didn't give her a second chance. But he should. I know rules are rules. But it just proves how rules take over people's lives, and how they never live wild and go over boundaries. I mean, the world is not going to end if he let's Joey retake the test. I love how Eddie punched him. He deserved it. A new actor arrives on the set, and Dawson is jealous of him. He accidentally hears Natasha say that she doesn't have a boyfriend. I actually feel sorry for Dawson. Though, I agree with Todd to keep his mouth shout. I mean, it's obvious she doesn't really like him. Pacey is a huge jerk for bringing Emma to that party. I really hate the place he works, and I don't care for his boss either. I am glad that Pacey isn't like all the other guys at the workplace. I do love the scene Emma and Pacey are kissing and Jack walks in and they act like nothing happened. I give this episode a 8/10.
  • Nice episode, but Joey was a brat as usual.

7.8
    What can I say? This was a typical "season 6" episode--and by that I mean so much happens, and yet nothing happens at all. Very blah. The only noteworthy thing about the episode that I feel I must comment on is the blinding self-absorption of our little Joey Potter. If this episode was supposed to make me further hate Professor Hetson, it did not succeed. While he was unnecessarily cruel to her, Joey's nauseating sense of entitlement killed any sympathy I might have had for her. I cannot believe she was actually blaming her grade on him. Hetson said it quite well: It's the student's responsibility to get to the test on time. There's no shame in asking, or begging, for another chance, but she actually thought that for him to refuse her plea was an act of vindictiveness. How spoiled can a person be? He's not letting you take the test again because that's the rule, you twit! It's a shame she overslept, but everyone else in the class managed to get there on time. Why should he change the rules just for her? That's the problem with Joey in a nutshell--she really does expect the rules and the standards and the expectations of the world at large to change just for her. This otherwise lovely, mellow episode is ruined by this, yet another reminder of why Joey Potter is the second-most obnoxious character ever to grace the television screen (the first, naturally, is Dawson).