Dawson's Creek Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Abby Morgan Died!?

degrassi_lover

[1]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 21

I watched an episode of DC where Joey's father returns and they help with a wedding.Near the end of the episode, Jen and Abby are drinking and she falls into the water! I can't believe that Abby dies! I mean yes her character was annoying at times.. but I thought she would of have been in S3! I'm going to miss her.

Edited on 08/03/2007 8:48pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SMGslayer97

[2]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 34
    Yes, she does die. I kind of hated her though but it was sad, very tagic.

Khris189

[3]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 7
    I didn't hate her, I mean, u need somebody like that in the show. If all u got is those boring characters, the show would be boring.

degrassi_lover

[4]Jul 30, 2007
    Yeah thats true. I mean she kinda made the show interesting with her being the mean girl. Abby wasn't my favourite character in Dawson's Creek, but I don't think they should of killed her off.

ninjeti_white

[5]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 16
    ya it was tragic how she died but we know that jen was a true friend when she jumped in after her.

boom-moo

[6]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 75
    I agree. Abby Morgan wasn't my favourite character either but she definitely spoke what others just thought and she created interesting situations where all the other characters were put in the uncomfortable situation of having to decide how to react. She was great doing that. I hoped she hadn't died. And the way she did was kinda cheap moralizing. But maybe that's just me.

4EVERANDALWAYS

[7]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 22
    i didnt like abby at all. i laughed when she died. that speech that jen gave at the funeral. so funny lol. grams reaction to it was like priceless lol.

degrassi_lover

[8]Aug 2, 2007
    Abby wasn't my favourite character in Dawson's Creek, but she added a bit of humour and originality. She was very honest and always spoke her mind. Thats why people probably didn't like her as much. Though her death was really shocking for me. I mean even though her character was mean, they didn't need to kill her off. She was very interesting.. And I would of looked forward to seeing her in S3.

SMGslayer97

[9]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 34
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    Abby wasn't my favourite character in Dawson's Creek, but she added a bit of humour and originality. She was very honest and always spoke her mind. Thats why people probably didn't like her as much. Though her death was really shocking for me. I mean even though her character was mean, they didn't need to kill her off. She was very interesting.. And I would of looked forward to seeing her in S3.

In all honesty though what were they going to do with her? After awhile the bad girl thing would have gotten really old and without that she didn't have any purpose of being there. She was strictly and antagonist to the group, except when it came to Jenn and her whole purpose there was to being on the pre-Capeside Jenn. She really didn't have a whole lot of concrete purpose, at least not enough that could have been carried on throughout the series. It was much more dramatic to have her die.

degrassi_lover

[10]May 24, 2008
    boom-moo wrote:
    I agree. Abby Morgan wasn't my favourite character either but she definitely spoke what others just thought and she created interesting situations where all the other characters were put in the uncomfortable situation of having to decide how to react. She was great doing that. I hoped she hadn't died. And the way she did was kinda cheap moralizing. But maybe that's just me.

I agree. In a way she reminded me of Rachel Gatina on OTH. She was introduced as the somewhat mean girl, but afterwards began having layers.

Thats what I expected with Abby, but she unfortunately died .. I loved how unique she was.

boom-moo

[11]May 25, 2008

SMGslayer97 wrote:
    In all honesty though what were they going to do with her? After awhile the bad girl thing would have gotten really old and without that she didn't have any purpose of being there. She was strictly and antagonist to the group, except when it came to Jenn and her whole purpose there was to being on the pre-Capeside Jenn. She really didn't have a whole lot of concrete purpose, at least not enough that could have been carried on throughout the series. It was much more dramatic to have her die.
    I agree. A character like Abby is meant to be short lived from the beginning because there is a point where she is not needed/not fitting anymore as the storylines and plot develop (It was really interesting seeing Drue coming into scene, somehow taking over Abby) And as much as I didn't like the way she died, at least she didn't turn all of sudden into an antagonist of herself. Seing Abby turning into a regretful and well behaved girl would have been way more disappointing than having her dramatically die.

I liked it though when Abby was mentioned in the series finale (not really the light way she was mentioned in but then Jen was drunk). For the good or the bad, Abby left an impression in the gang.

Flyboy212EAW

[12]May 25, 2008
    • level: 6
    boom-moo wrote:
    I liked it though when Abby was mentioned in the series finale (not really the light way she was mentioned in but then Jen was drunk). For the good or the bad, Abby left an impression in the gang.

That was by far one of the funniest DC moments ever. "Is that still not funny yet?" LMAO. I died.

boom-moo

[13]May 25, 2008
    Flyboy212EAW wrote:
    boom-moo wrote:

That was by far one of the funniest DC moments ever. "Is that still not funny yet?" LMAO. I died.

Really? I don't think I get why Jen found it funny. I blame it on her drunkedness because there was a time when Abby was the only friend that remained by Jen's side.

Flyboy212EAW

[14]May 25, 2008
    • level: 6
    Obviously it was because she was drunk, but the whole ordeal had me dying for about five straight moments.

NJZ

[15]May 27, 2008
    • level: 29
    I thought it was funny too, though somewhat sad aswell.

Kadodian

[17]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 23
    I wasn't that shook up about her death but yeah it was tragic.

loveindubitably

[18]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 9
    I loved Abby's character! I mean, I wasn't terribly perturbed when she died though it was very tragic but she served her purpose on the show very well. Plot-wise, it made sense that she died.

Katz_uk27

[19]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 13
    I never really thought of Abby as much of a character so wasn't bothered when she died.

boom-moo

[20]Oct 21, 2008
    I've never been a great fan of Abby, maybe because her personality didn't allow to feel her like a close and charming character, although I like her role as the black sheep stirring the pot and getting the main cast into trouble. She was part of really good plots, but in my opinion her character had a due date. I wasn't disappointed when she died, either.