Dawson's Creek Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

cheap dvd's?

  • Avatar of freakparader

    freakparader

    [1]Jan 28, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 26
    Do you know where it would be possible for me to get the six seasons of Dawson's creek at an affordable price, I am enjoying watching the show on the n, but I would love to be able to see all of the episodes unedited and all at once instead of over six months, if anyone knows anything let me know, I would really appreciate it, I am getting hooked on this show!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IDINOI

    IDINOI

    [2]Jan 29, 2007
    • member since: 05/14/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 524
    Wal Mart has all 6 seasons for $20 each.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of freakparader

    freakparader

    [3]Feb 1, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 26
    The Wal-Mart in my hometown doesnt have any of the Dawson's Creek dvds, I checked Wal-Mart and they are all 38 dollars each except for the first season which is 29.00. I have looked everywhere, I guess I will just have to give up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of paula_mccall

    paula_mccall

    [4]Feb 2, 2007
    • member since: 08/20/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 591
    Did you try amazon.com? They are pretty good for cheap dvds!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of myso-calledlife

    myso-calledlife

    [5]Feb 2, 2007
    • member since: 11/06/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 75
    Keep your eyes open for dvd sales at big box stores. In the past several months I have seen the sets for 20$ each at wal-mart, Best Buy, Target, and Suncoast in seperate sales. Also, there are a good number of cheap used DC sets on Amazon, the first season starts at 12 bucks the rest in the low twenties. With a little diligence you should be able to buy the whole series somewhere for less than 130$.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of joshjr

    joshjr

    [6]Feb 26, 2007
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 373

    freakparader wrote:
    Do you know where it would be possible for me to get the six seasons of Dawson's creek at an affordable price, I am enjoying watching the show on the n, but I would love to be able to see all of the episodes unedited and all at once instead of over six months, if anyone knows anything let me know, I would really appreciate it, I am getting hooked on this show!

    There is no good answer to your question as most of the season sets have replaced music.  Also the one you see on TV are syndicated episodes which usually means they cut out a few minutes of each episode.  SO I hope you find a happy medium.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of clockworx23

    clockworx23

    [7]Mar 19, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,167
    One of my friends said that she went to Best Buy last week and they had the last few seasons (think she said Seasons 5 and 6) of Dawsons Creek for 20 bucks each.  I live in NJ so i dont know if its a local thing or nationwide but id say check it out if you have a Best Buy nearby.  Also i guess those sales or only in-store because the Wal-Mart one wasnt online and neither is the Best Buy deal.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of clockworx23

    clockworx23

    [8]Mar 19, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,167

    clockworx23 wrote:
    One of my friends said that she went to Best Buy last week and they had the last few seasons (think she said Seasons 5 and 6) of Dawsons Creek for 20 bucks each.  I live in NJ so i dont know if its a local thing or nationwide but id say check it out if you have a Best Buy nearby.  Also i guess those sales or only in-store because the Wal-Mart one wasnt online and neither is the Best Buy deal.

    Quick Correction to what i said above.  BestBuy.com does in fact have every season (except Season 3) of Dawsons Creek on sale for $19.99 each.  Dont know why Season 3 is the only one not on sale.  Maybe they sold out of it.  Either way you cant beat a deal like that and heres the very long link to it.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=dawsons+creek&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq646177736f6e7320637265656b%7E%7Enccat02015%23%230%23%237&list=n&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of clockworx23

    clockworx23

    [9]Mar 26, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,167
    clockworx23 wrote:

    clockworx23 wrote:
    One of my friends said that she went to Best Buy last week and they had the last few seasons (think she said Seasons 5 and 6) of Dawsons Creek for 20 bucks each.  I live in NJ so i dont know if its a local thing or nationwide but id say check it out if you have a Best Buy nearby.  Also i guess those sales or only in-store because the Wal-Mart one wasnt online and neither is the Best Buy deal.

    Quick Correction to what i said above.  BestBuy.com does in fact have every season (except Season 3) of Dawsons Creek on sale for $19.99 each.  Dont know why Season 3 is the only one not on sale.  Maybe they sold out of it.  Either way you cant beat a deal like that and heres the very long link to it.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=dawsons+creek&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq646177736f6e7320637265656b%7E%7Enccat02015%23%230%23%237&list=n&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

    This ^^^ deal is still available so all you heads that dont have it on DVD cop it ASAP cause you cant beat that price and im sure any day now its gonna get jacked back up to its usual $34.99 price.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ImpalaFan

    ImpalaFan

    [13]Apr 9, 2007
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 463
    I had been looking to replace my Season 2 set (something wrong with disc #3 - everything all fuzzy and cleaning didn't work).  Anyway,  I was looking around this weekend and went to Borders and found a price of $49.95 (NOT) so I went to Wal Mart and, sure enough, got it for $19.95.  That's hard to beat.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [14]Apr 10, 2007
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    i got my boxsets.  for $19.99 at Best buy. it might not be the same in other states.
    Edited on 04/10/2007 4:38pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Flyboy212EAW

    Flyboy212EAW

    [15]Apr 10, 2007
    • member since: 08/09/03
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 249
    Yeah, I would definitely check your local Best Buy's or Wal-Mart's.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of clockworx23

    clockworx23

    [16]Apr 13, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,167
    I figured that the $19.99 pricetag wouldnt last and it didnt as BestBuy just hiked the price of Dawsons Creek DVD Sets back up to $41.99.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Flyboy212EAW

    Flyboy212EAW

    [17]Apr 14, 2007
    • member since: 08/09/03
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 249
    You might check your local Wal-Mart's. They have been $19.99 there the LONGEST... at least here they have been. Dating back to August of last year.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.