Dawson's Creek Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Does anyone know why Meredith Monroe isn't on any of the DVD covers?

-Master_K-

[1]Feb 7, 2006
    • level: 37
    I always wondered this because she is in extra scenes for the series finale.

Could it be because she was angry after the series fired her in season 4 due to her running out of storylines? Also, I think she was a lot better than Audrey so I don't get it.
    Edited on 02/07/2006 9:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LeftToDie

[2]Feb 11, 2006
    • level: 4
    lol

who knows

SMGslayer97

[3]Feb 20, 2006
    • level: 34
    I agree that Andie was much better than Audrey, especially with Pacey.  Joey and Pacey were meant to be, that's what I think, but as far as other relationships go Andie was much better than Aud and I think she had more storylines than her. Just opinion I guess.
    Edited on 07/16/2006 6:38am

hiallpeople

[4]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 1
    well in the third season dvd she is on the cover of disk three with pacey so that kinda counts

sipowicz

[5]Mar 29, 2006
    • level: 32
    it is crazy...

it almost makes me feel like it was personal. season 3 she was a star the entire run, and she wasn't on the cover. Audrey wasn't even a star season 5 and she was on...makes no sense.

Amy07

[6]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 3
    sipowicz wrote:
    it is crazy...

it almost makes me feel like it was personal. season 3 she was a star the entire run, and she wasn't on the cover. Audrey wasn't even a star season 5 and she was on...makes no sense.

I know what you mean ... I get "angry" because of such things also, even if it's just a TV show such stuffs upsets you!

ReAnimateMe13

[7]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 9
    Andie was good but Audrey was good too, in different ways of course as their characters were totally different.

AGIRLWITHP16

[8]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 13
    she was on the  for season one

SMGslayer97

[9]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 34
    I was never a big fan of either but hey what can you do. Andie is on the series finale book and back cover.

ni_espm

[10]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 18

Meredith Monroe wasn't on any of the covers, my guess is because of the same reason she was cut off the show:

She wasn't much of a charismatic character anyway! After she and Pacey broke up, they had no more use for her, they just screwed her up over and over again! The ecstasy, the disease... She got into Harvard, what else would they do to her? Make her homossexual? They had already done that to her brother!

Busy Phillips suffered the same thing! Pacey and her broke up, they couldn't ditch her because she had to be Joey's roomate till end of season 6 so they made her an alcohoolic and sent her away for rehab!!!

I think that is the only reason she is on the cover and Meredith isn't! But if you ask me, I liked Andie much better than Audrey!

Edited on 07/14/2006 10:56pm

mjmitch

[11]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 21

-Master_K- wrote:
    I always wondered this because she is in extra scenes for the series finale. Could it be because she was angry after the series fired her in season 4 due to her running out of storylines? Also, I think she was a lot better than Audrey so I don't get it.

I have been researching, trying to find the answer to this question and haven't yet.  I will keep looking because after this discussion started and I started looking it puzzled me too.  Andie was an important part of the show and she contributed a lot to Pacey's maturity and how he saw himself.  I too hated they wrote her out of the series but I don't think it's because she broke up with Pacey.  At this point I don't know why and I'm not sure I will ever find out why bet maybe Meredith wanted to pursue other options for her career. 

I also agree with you all that she was a better character than Audrey.  Audrey was funny at first but became annoying then later downright pathetic with her drinking problems and sleeping around.  HOWEVER, this being said, her bad-girl character gave the writers more to work with and a more soap opera feel to the show which is what they were driving for.  These are things they wouldn' t have had Andie or Joey experience, although they did have Andie have the affair with the guy at the hospital and have her try estasy.  I think the writters knew their audience would only take so much in regards to her character's behavior.    

The writers might have also considered if they kept Andie they would have had to deal with characters at four different colleges and they didn't want that hassle.  

And, last but not least, keep in mind that Kevin Williamson, the creator of thw show, didn't write the Andie part after season two and when he came back to write the series finale he wanted to "right some wrongs that happened in the series," which lead me to believe his intent wasn't to get rid of Andie.  I think this is illustrated in the fact that he tried to include her in the finale (and originally planned to reunite her with Pacey) but her shooting schedule on movie didn't allow her a lot of time away thus resulting what we saw on the televised finale. 

I will keep trying to find out what happened on the dvd covers and why she isn't on there.  My own opinion is since the dvds came out after Williamson left it was up the to the people producing the dvds to decide who to put on them and they chose to leave Andie out since she was only on for one full season and part of another. They may have felt Audrey was a better character to add than Andie.