Dawson's Creek Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Michelle Williams interested in a Dawson's Creek reunion!

KyahCA

[1]Jul 14, 2012
    • level: 6

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/michelle-williams-wants-dawson-s-creek-reunion/8qtw3hzl?from=imbot_en-ca_default

So what do you think? The cast mates seem to be quite interested... Do you think it'll ever happen?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jon_MW_14

[2]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 39
    That's awesome! I actually think it's very possible for a Dawson's Creek reunion. I think it could happen. Like the guy in the video said, Katie, Michelle, and James have all said they'd be interested in a reunion.

KyahCA

[3]Jul 15, 2012
    • level: 6
    I think it's totally possible too.

And I think they could really work around Jen's death issue and she could definitely come back. Not as a ghost, that's too much.... I have this storyline idea that in the reunion, Dawson is writing a new movie or something, maybe about his and his friend's current lives, and he could be writing it like what if Jen were still alive, and there could be imaginative scenes of what Jen would be up to in the present... Just an idea. I hope they do a reunion.

boom-moo

[4]Sep 26, 2012
    • level: 75
    I really like the idea of a reunion but I'm not sure how they'll make it work after Jenn's death.

pamhalpert

[5]Dec 23, 2012
    • level: 14
    boom-moo wrote:
    I really like the idea of a reunion but I'm not sure how they'll make it work after Jenn's death.
    Would anybody actually miss her?

boom-moo

[6]Jan 2, 2013
    pamhalpert wrote:
    boom-moo wrote:
    Lol! Well, Jack and Doug raising Amy sounds more interesting but I guess that I wouldn't enjoy it as much without her.

johnmarlena422

[7]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 16
    pamhalpert wrote:
    boom-moo wrote:

I think a lot of people would. Jen/MW had way more fans than was assumed back then. I would definitely miss her but I don't see how they could bring her back without it cheapening the series finale and therefore losing it's impact, as well as making it believable. At the very best, they could have her present in some kind of dream sequence but even that would be pushing it a bit. As much as I loved her, I'd rather they just focus on the living and not waste time stirring up 'bring back the dead' scenarios which no one is going to believe anyway..That way there's no undignified tarnishment done to Jen's memory and the show's integrity. As a daytime viewer I've seen this done a lot and trust me it never works: It's morbid, everyone ends up hating it, and 9 times out of 10 it ruins the show.

That being said, I'd love to see a reunion!! Miss this show soo much. I saw James, Katie, and Michelle mentioned but what about Joshua?? I can't imagine a reunion without him and same as with bringing Jen back, NOT bringing Pacey back would have the same effect - it wouldn't be believable and it would diminish and take away from the DC ending we've already been believing for years now lol

In order for this type of thing to really work, given the history it has to measure up against, they would need to bring back all of the main core characters - minus the dead ones - everyone that longtime DC viewers would expect to see lol

pamhalpert

[8]Apr 11, 2013
    • level: 14
    johnmarlena422 wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    boom-moo wrote:

I think a lot of people would. Jen/MW had way more fans than was assumed back then. I would definitely miss her but I don't see how they could bring her back without it cheapening the series finale and therefore losing it's impact, as well as making it believable. At the very best, they could have her present in some kind of dream sequence but even that would be pushing it a bit. As much as I loved her, I'd rather they just focus on the living and not waste time stirring up 'bring back the dead' scenarios which no one is going to believe anyway..That way there's no undignified tarnishment done to Jen's memory and the show's integrity. As a daytime viewer I've seen this done a lot and trust me it never works: It's morbid, everyone ends up hating it, and 9 times out of 10 it ruins the show.

That being said, I'd love to see a reunion!! Miss this show soo much. I saw James, Katie, and Michelle mentioned but what about Joshua?? I can't imagine a reunion without him and same as with bringing Jen back, NOT bringing Pacey back would have the same effect - it wouldn't be believable and it would diminish and take away from the DC ending we've already been believing for years now lol

In order for this type of thing to really work, given the history it has to measure up against, they would need to bring back all of the main core characters - minus the dead ones - everyone that longtime DC viewers would expect to see lol

Bringing Jen back from the dead would be so corny. They might as well bring back Abby, Mitch, Gramps, and Dawson's mentor from Season 4.

boom-moo

[9]May 14, 2013
    Oh I see. I didn't think that a reunion implied new episodes, I was thinking some sort of cast meeting / behind the scenes stuff where the actors share their thoughts on where their characters could be now. I would miss Jen but I agree that neither bringing her back in ghost nor missing out on core characters would work well at all.