Dawson's Creek Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Pacey/Joey Season 5

Chique94

[1]May 29, 2011
    • level: 1

I'm just re-watching season five/the end of season four, and it kind of annoys me how Pacey and Joey seem so unaffected by the fact that they had an intense, year-long relationship, and it doesn't seem very realistic to me. It also seems like kind of a slap in the face to build up PJ throughout seasons three and four to have her kiss Dawson at the end of season four and then apparently pine away for him during the beginning of season five. I just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on this, or particularly if anyone knows of anything the writers said about what happened between them, because I'd be interested to hear different views on why the storyline went as it did.

Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bobfrapples8

[2]May 30, 2011
    • level: 14

This lines up perfectly with my opinion that seasons 5 & 6 (the college years) were just so lacking compared to the high school version of the show.

Chique94

[3]May 30, 2011
    • level: 1
    Yeah, there's kind of a fresh, sweet feel to the show that the last two seasons lacked, though I think that started in season four really.

boom-moo

[4]May 31, 2011
    • level: 75
    Chique94 wrote:
    Yeah, there's kind of a fresh, sweet feel to the show that the last two seasons lacked
    I agree, seasons 1 to 4 are definitely Dawson's Creek at its best. Seasons 5 and 6 have some really good moments too but they lack the spark of what makes this show what it is.

Jon_MW_14

[5]May 31, 2011
    • level: 39
    boom-moo wrote:
    Chique94 wrote:
    Yeah, there's kind of a fresh, sweet feel to the show that the last two seasons lacked
    I agree, seasons 1 to 4 are definitely Dawson's Creek at its best. Seasons 5 and 6 have some really good moments too but they lack the spark of what makes this show what it is.

Agreed.

pamhalpert

[6]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 14

If you really pay attention; you will see that Dawson Never got over Joey. Even when they were just friends; there was always a little bit of uncomfortableness. Boo and I are both D/J Fans!!

boom-moo

[7]Jul 14, 2011
    • level: 75
    pamhalpert wrote:
    If you really pay attention; you will see that Dawson Never got over Joey. Even when they were just friends; there was always a little bit of uncomfortableness.
    I agree, and I would say it was the same for Joey but maybe to a lesser degree (or at least she didn't let is show as much). There was just way too much history imprinted in their minds and hearts whenever they were around each other.
    Edited on 07/14/2011 11:58am

IheartPacey

[8]Aug 28, 2011
    • level: 2

yes i completely agree. this was just bad on the writers part. like for 2 whole seasons its just this big pacey joey build up and it was awesome, new and they had amazing chemistry. then they break up shes devastated for an episode and she kisses dawson. that made me so mad, because truth is that should not have happend.