Dawson's Creek

Four Scary Stories

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Dec 12, 2001 on The WB

• Story #1 Joey is stuck in the library with a creepy man. Story #2 Jack meets a Frat ghost. Story #3 A ghost car follows Pacey and Karen. Story #4 Jen gets locked out radio station.

This episode of Dawson's Creek was brilliant. It actually scared me and I don't scare easily. I think Grams was the scariest story. This is going to be more of a recap than a review. Scary Story #1 is told by Joey. So Joey is basically stuck in the library studying and doing homework. There's a creepy man at the back of the room just staring at her. It comes time when there's nobody else in the library except for the librarian guy who is about Joey's age. The creepy man tries to warn Joey about something, but the young librarian man basically knocks him out for a couple of seconds. And then the librarian guy locks Joey in the library and tries to murder her. But Joey uses her kicka$$ karate moves on him. Scary Story #2 is told by Jack. Jack is stuck in the fraternity basement cleaning up. He hears these scary noises coming from a closet. Eventually he opens the door and there's some kid tied up in there. Jack decides to get this guy a drink of water. When he's getting the water he notices a picture of the Frat from 1968, and he recognizes the boy from the closet. He runs back and the boy is gone. Story #3 is told by Pacey. Some scary car is following Pacey and Karen. They get away and end up in this restaurant and then they leave. The drive and the same car is parked in the middle of the road. Pacey speeds up so fast, the car moves into the ditch. When they get to the car and open it up no one is inside. Story #4 is told by Grams. It's about Jen and her night at the radio station. She hears scary noises outside, she goes out, gets locked out, hears her name being whisper, and she runs inside, and body crashes through the window of the radio station that is calling her name. I give this episode a 10/10.
  • Not bad for a scary themed episode.

7.9
    The stories were not original, but they were still entertaining. The creepy guy in the library, the dead guy visiting Jack and the car with no headlights, all of these have been done a million times. I guess there is only so many scary tales to tell, but it would have been nice if they did something that had not been used so much. I did like the little twist with the girl showing balls with the baseball bat, but it was soon ruined when there was no one in the car. I think Jake said it best at the end when he said “I guess what we can conclude from this evening is that we can’t offer much more of a thrill than the average slasher flick”. After I thought all was lost, Grams saved the day with her tail of Jen at the radio station. Although it has been done before, I must admit that it had me looking over my shoulder for a minute.
  • DF FFF F F F F F F FF FF

e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r e r r r r r r r
  • A fun episode

This was a fun episode based on Halloween. Joey, Jack and Pacey are together telling 'scary' stories involving themselves. Then Grams comes in and tells a story about Jen which frightens them all (even though they dont admit it). It was good to just sit back and watch an episode with all the drama. Very enjoyable!