Dawson's Creek

High Anxiety

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 14, 2001 on The WB

• Dawson is having anxiety attacks and his doctor suggests he goes to Boston and see a shrink. Audrey's mother is in town and she asks Joey to hang out with them. Jen and Nora get revenge on Charlie. Pacey discovers something about Danny and Karen.

Pretty awesome episode. It's seems like some people are splitting up and others are getting close. Joey and Dawson are growing apart. It seems that Dawson and Pacey are more closer this season than before. It seems that Jen and Jack or growing apart and that Jen and Pacey are getting closer. Let's start off with Audrey. Audrey's mother has come to town. What a jerk to have for a mother. I love how Joey stands up for Audrey, and I love the ending with Audrey's mother saying sorry. Now let's go to Dawson. Dawson is having some sort of anxiety attacks or whatever, and his doctor tells him to go see a shrink, but he skips out on that last minute. Then he decides to go get drunk with Jack, and he blames Joey for his father's death. First of all, whoever is writer of Jack's character, they need to stop writing for his character, because Jack isn't that much of a jerk. He was a major jerk in this episode. I don't really like the awkwardness between Joey and Dawson. They always give Jen something hilarious to do and I love it. It's exactly like season 1 Jen and I love season 1 Jen. I love how she and Nora get revenge on Charlie. I was laughing the whole time. I love how they made him strip naked, made him close his eyes, and then then they locked him out of the room. It was awesome! Pacey discovers that Danny is having an affair with Karen. Well Maybe. But it looks that way. I have no comment on that. I give this episode a 8.5/10.
  • Jen learns that Charlie is cheating on her, Audrey’s visiting mother heaps abuse on Audrey until Joey shuts her down, and Dawson is unable to go through with the appointment with a grief counselor and Pacey learns that Karen is having an affair with Danny

This was an interesting episode on many levels. From the comical scene when Jen and Nora let Charlie think he is in for a threesome to the tragic moment when a drunken Dawson transfers guilt feeling about his father’s death onto Joey.
    Also we learn about this season’s new characters and the new life and relationships of the five main characters.
    Pacey’s emerging maturity of demonstrates how living in the “real world” can allowed a person to overcome feelings of inferiority that are the legacy of an abusive family.