Dawson's Creek

Home Movies

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 20, 1999 on The WB

• Dawson wants to make a documentary on Jack.

"Home Movie" is just a classic Dawson's Creek episode. I love how Dawson wants to make a documentary Jack being a gay football player. It's interesting how Dawson's father rejects it. I love the end of the episode when Mitch apologizes to Dawson and he tells Dawson not to listen to him. I love how they reconcile and play football with each other. Pacey and Joey are so funny. I love how they ditch class but they get caught by Principal Green. Andie was my favourite part about this episode. Her speech to herself in the mirror was amazing. It's really heartbreaking how she feels so guilty about cheating on the PSATS. I give this episode a 9/10.
  • Even characters have their own home videos.

Dawson has another movie project, one which causes an argument between father and son. However during his 'research' Dawson watched some of his own home videos, starring himself and Joey at a very young age. I believe this added to their characters, showing us some of their background experiences which contrasts with their relationship by this episode, in the 'future'. Jen stood up for what she believed in, but found out that she's not always right. Joey and Pacey actually hung out together without ripping each other's heads off. The blossoming of a new relationship don't you think? Andy and Jack also have a few special scenes together.