Dawson's Creek

Hurricane

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 17, 1998 on The WB

• Hurricane Bob First episode that got me hooked!

The episode's in my top 3 of season one episodes because it establishes characters in a way the previous four episodes hadn't--it's more effective than the pilot in world building. The characters are confined in one house with secrets and prejudices concealed within the hearts and minds of those characters. The hurricane storm isn't the only hurricane in Capeside, and the storm won't be as destructive as the metaphorical hurricane descending upon Leery manor.

Dawson bitches about his life and his mother. Joey uses the "mother card" and reminds Dawson that he's blessed to have his mother, and for one of the seven times in the entire series, Dawson's speechless. Joey doesn't have much of a story in the episode --she just drifts from storyline to storyline.

Pacey, Doug and Tamara spend the day in Tamara's luxurious house on the coast (a high school English teacher makes THAT much?). Obviously, this is the first episode with Doug Witter.

"Hurricane" moves Mitch & Gail's storyline forward and even Bessie's with Bodhi and Grams.

At the end, Joey wishes that she could return to her childhood for one night to remove herself from the drama of everyday life..

• Great episode!

Dawson confronts Gale about her affair with Bob. A hurricane is headed toward their area. Jen and Grams stay with the Leery's, as does Bessie, Joey, and Bodie. Grams comments how Bessie and Bodie are in sin by having a child while they aren't married. Jen talks to Joey about Dawson and his feelings about her having been with other guys. Pacey and his older brother, Doug, go to Ms. Jacobs to protect her. Doug likes her, but Pacey is extremely jealous. Tamara turns down Doug's offer to go out. Jen talks to Dawson about her mistakes and they forgive each other. Joey wants to go back to being a kid again with Dawson. Gale tells Mitch about her affair. He tells her that he doesn't love her anymore and that he can't see her anymore either.

This episode was great! It was sad about Gale and Mitch. It goes to show how dangerous and wrong that adultery is. I sort of agree with Grams about Bessie and Bodie. They should be married before having sex, but I wouldn't judge their races. Jen's life seemed pretty wild before. I'm glad she's changed. This episode gets a 9.5 out of 10 from me!
  • Powerful !

Storyline ? Almost all our main stars are forced to stay in Dawson's home when a hurricane attacks the town but it's not the hurricane that's scary. It's the unbelievable revelations that awaits everybody. Dawson's mother, Gale, tells Dawson's father,Mitch, that she has been sleeping with another man and the consequences are horrible. Jen opens up to Dawson about her terrible sex life. Down at the beach we meet Pacey's brother. Might it be a coincidence that Pacey and his brother end up staying at Tamara's house for a night ? It could be but I know Dawson's Creek so I know it isn't. Things heat up when Pacey's brother starts flirting with Tamara. Pacey gets jealous and tells Tamara that his brother is gay so his brother points a gun at him. Also Joey's sister's boyfriend has a little face off with Jen's grandmother who is a racist and against having a baby before marriage because of her relegious beliefs. Lots of things happening in this episode. I enjoyed it. A huge improvement from the previous episode. This is the episode that set Dawson's Creek on the right track in my oponion. Very intense. The scene with Gale and Mitch were very cool. Betrayal and consequences is one of the best things I look for in these types of shows. The dialogue was all so powerful. I liked how Joey's sister stood up to Jen's mother or the sweet speech Pacey did for Tamara in the end. As disgusting as I thought Tamara and Pacey's relationship was I'm kind of starting to like it. Things are heating up on Dawson's Creek. This was a superb episode :D
  • A Hurricane comes to Capeside which makes Dawson, Jen, Joey and their families stuck at Dawson's house and Pacey and Doug stuck at Tamara's house.

"Hurricane" is definitely one of my favourite season 1 episodes. I love this episode because the storm just makes everything more intense. Gale telling Mitch about the affair was really dramatic. It's definitely my favourite scene in this episode. I love the tension between Joey, Jen and Dawson. I love how Jen reveals more about her past with telling Dawson that she lost her virginity at 12 and her pregnancy scares. I love how Joey tells Dawson off and plays "Dead Mom" card. Pacey, Doug and Tamara stuck in the house was very entertaining. I love how Doug tries to flirt with Tamara and Pacey gets jealous, but Tamara assures Pacey that nothings going on. I give this episode a 10/10.
  • hurricane hits capeside.

GREAT episode! GREAT episode!GREAT episode!GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode!GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode!GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode!GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode! GREAT episode!
  • Great episode!!!

This was an incredible episode of Dawson's Creek. The underlying meaning of the title "destruction." A family torn apart with news of an affair, Pacey almost ruining his relationship with Tamara, then we have the whole Jen, Dawson, Joey triangle that we all know and love. The part of the episode where Mr. Leary is in the car and he yells at Gail was such an incredible moment. I mean we would always see them as the "horny teenagers" and now we see them in the midst of a marriage crisis and we see a whole new side to them.

All together this was an episode that got me to keep watching this show.