Dawson's Creek

Season 4 Episode 19

Late

1
Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 25, 2001 on The WB

Trivia

FILTER BY TYPE

  • Trivia

    • Goof: At Gail's baby shower the women discuss delivering babies and they make a reference to when Bessie's baby, Alexander, was born in the first season of the show. They say that Alexander was born during a hurricane but that isn't correct as the hurricane episode is 1x05 Hurricane and the episode where where Bessie gives birth is 1x06 Baby.

    • When Pacey calls Joey at the end of the episode, he lies about being on a fishing trip with Doug and about having caught a "91 pound marlin", which is a pretty big catch. That doesn't make much sense since such a big fish would be noticeably missing at his return and would reveal he was lying.

    • Right after Lily is born, Joey gets a phone call from Pacey. It's not likely that she wouldn't mention anything about Gale having had her baby to Pacey to the importance of the event.

    • Dawson's sister, Lillian, is born and we find out where the name comes from.

    • After much speculation throughout the episode, Joey finds out towards the end of it that she is not pregnant.

  • Quotes

    • Joey: I mean, how many truly great days are we gonna have in our lives?
      Dawson: I don't know. Who knows how many you get? When they do happen to come along, though, I hope you're close by, at least for a few of 'em.

    • Bessie: Do you know I once climbed into your crib and pushed you out?
      Joey: Did you drop me on my head? Because that would explain a lot.

    • Joey: I'm late.
      Gretchen: (Realizing she might be pregnant) Joey, I'm so sorry. I had no idea.

    • Dawson: (Talking about Gretchen) So you're saying maybe even if we break up, we're still destined to be together?
      Mitch: I'm saying you have to follow your own path, because with everything else in this life, you just never know. Look at you and Joey.

    • (At the baby name shower)
      Joey: Well, I was up all night last night, and I couldn't think of a name, but I brought you this instead. I think it embodies everything that a name should. It used to belong to Dawson and, at some point, I'm sure his little brother or sister will like to wear it. It's getting harder to tell what's right anymore, so I hope you like it. (Hands Gale a small box with Dawson's necklace)

    • (To Dawson)
      Joey: I want you to know something. Sex doesn't necessarily bring people closer together. It's just a magnifying glass. I mean, if there's a problem, it gets bigger. And if there's closeness... you get closer. As far as you and Gretchen are concerned, I mean... you guys are probably a lot closer than a lot of people who are having sex.

    • Dawson: Have you and Pacey talked about him being near Worthington next year?
      Joey: (Laughs) Uh, Pacey and I haven't really discussed the future too much lately.
      Dawson: You should. It has a peculiar way of unexpectedly becoming the present.

    • Bessie: I really did want your life to be better than mine.
      Joey: Bessie, you went first. You took on the full brunt of this storm. And you didn't do what others would have. You didn't run, you didn't cower, you created this warm, loving, safe place. And you raised a baby and a little sister. I hope I would have the strength and courage to... create a life for myself that's even remotely like yours.

    • Sullivan: Tobey, you're 3 times more likely to be threatened by someone with a weapon than a straight kid. There's a 70% chance of you being harassed, and a 30% chance that someone's gonna... do this to you. Which is why I need for you to talk to me about what happened. Most kids, they don't have the strength. Or they don't get the chance.
      Jack: Or have the friends to support them.

    • Joey: Gretchen, you do know that Dawson would lasso the moon for you, right?
      Gretchen: I know... but how can I let someone do that when he's about to leave?
      Joey: You don't shut him out of your life. And you cherish that big part of him that he always wants you to have. No matter what happens... you never forget him.

    • (Talking about having sex)
      Gretchen: Dawson, if I go to Boston and you go to L.A... getting closer is just gonna make things more painful.
      Dawson: What made you decide to apply for a job in Boston?
      Gretchen: You're leaving... and I am so unbelievably happy for you, but... look, I can't take that next step, open myself up like that just to be left. I just can't do that. You know, I've gotta get on with my own life.

    • Mitch: One night, you're standing in a dark room, exhausted, reaching for diapers and answers on a shelf you can't see, and this little person calls out to you. "Daddy." That's when you get it. You feel your heart expand in a way you never knew was possible, and you love this little person so much... that you actually ache. I can't explain it any better.

    • Joey: Pacey isn't on a fishing trip, is he?
      Gretchen: Pacey got arrested for public drunkenness while you were in New York. Doug got the charges dropped, and then he took him camping to try to talk some sense into him.
      Joey: Oh, my god.
      Gretchen: This is an intense time. We're all planning our futures, trying to figure out what we're gonna do with the rest of our lives, but if we can't put all that aside and try to do everything possible to make Pacey's life easier right now, he might not have much of one.

    • Dawson: What's going on here? We're... last week, we're declaring our love for each other. Now it sounds like we're breaking up.
      Gretchen: Well, I just think we're dealing with reality.

  • Notes

  • Allusions

    • Joey says to Gretchen that Dawson would lasso the moon for her (meaning Gretchen.) This is a reference to a line in the Frank Capra film It's A Wonderful Life where Jimmy Stewart's character (George Bailey) says to the Donna Reid character (Mary): What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.

Thursday
No results found.
Friday
No results found.
Saturday
No results found.