Dawson's Creek

...Must Come to an End (2)

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM May 14, 2003 on The WB

• A bit too much, easy ways out taken many times over, but a perfect ending for the show's lovers

I have recently bought the 6th season's DVD box and I've watched the serie's finale about 3 times ever since. Here's what I think: Death, Marriage, all the usual finales' elements are there, but poor girl Jen, why her? Just because there was no ending for her, did she really need to die? Doug and Jack? interesting, very cute, but Doug didn't really belong to the series for the last 2 years it aired.... Was he the only possible gay caracther left for Jack? And the greatest question: Dawson or Pacey, Pacey or Dawson? That was Kevin Williamson's only fair choice for the series finale! Honestly, Miss Josephine Potter had no business ending up with Dawson! Perfect reasonable choice: the charming one, Pacey Witter! Absolutely LOVED it! But then Williamson loses hand of the script once again: What the hell was that meeting with Spielberg doing there? I mean, even if he is now a sucessful director, makes no sense that, withing the period of Jen's death, Spielberg suddenly goes from not taking his call to setting up a meeting with Mr. Big Shot TV Director Dawson Leery! Poor ending!!