Dawson's Creek

...Must Come to an End (2)

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM May 14, 2003 on The WB

• Tearjerker. Good closure.

I knew that I should cry out loud. I knew that it would make me feel better. But I didn't because even though I had tears in my eyes, the writers made sure that the ending was not sad and depressing.

Jen's death was one of the most moving storylines I have come across on Dawson's Creek. The last conversation she and Jack have was very very special and lo behold, Dawson and Joey were not the only soul mates on this show.

I loved how Jen's death put things in perspective for the other characters. Dawson had grown up and he and Joey finally understood what the feelings they have been battling about for so long really are. Their love is something very special and it is completely understandable how confusing a love like that can be.

I was never obsessed with this show so I never had in mind a particular guy Joey should choose. But when she and Pacey got together it was as if a puzzle was finally completed. And it was jen's death that prompted both of them to come clean about their feelings.

I thought the ending was corny with Spilberg thrown in. But the mere fact that the love triangle survived the final test was heartening enough to finally let go of Dawson's Creek.