Dawson's Creek

...Must Come to an End (2)

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM May 14, 2003 on The WB

• Joey and Pacey end up together. Joey is a sucessful book editor. Pacey re-opened the Icehouse. Dawson has his own television show. Jen has become very ill and is awaiting her death. Jack is a teacher at Capeside High.

Dawson's Creek is one of the best teenage drama's ever created. I'm really happy with the way they ended the show. To me, this show is stupendous and there's nothing worse than a great show ending badly. So the big, humungous question fans are waiting to have answered is, “Who will Joey end up with?!� The answer is: Pacey Witter! Woo! When I was watching the show I thought Dawson and Joey were just so meant to be together, but now that I look back I realize that Pacey and Joey were really for each other. That’s why I think this series finale was so great. The best scene is when Joey and Dawson are reminiscing about their past together and they say to each other, “You and me, always.� I love that part because it’s so true about them. Dawsons and Joey will always be there for each other, but the guy she’s really meant to be with is Pacey. I love Pacey’s character. He’s a whole lot of trouble, but at the end of the day he’s a sweet boy that would do anything for the woman he loves. Dawson and Joey are childhood sweethearts, but I don’t think they were as meant for each other as Pacey and Joey. Pacey and Joey have the chemistry. So I was happy that in the end, she chose Pacey. Pacey’s family always told him when he was growing up that he was nothing and he will mount to nothing. That’s why he never tried in school, except when Andy encouraged him. He always refered to himself as the black sheep, but in the end he is the most successful one in the family. He is doing what he loves and he’s happy too. So take that Witter’s! I’m so happy that Pacey’s life ended up great because he’s a fantastic character.

Dawson, Dawson, Dawson. Hm, well I can’t say that I was surprised he had his very own television show. That was the only predictable thing in the finale. Of course he has his own show and of course it’s about his and Joey’s relationship. Even though I never cared for his character, I’m happy that his life was on the right track and he’s having fun doing what he loves. Jen is another favorite character of mine. She’s awesome and she really shouldn’t have died. I wanted to see some resolve in her life after all this time. But in the end, her only resolve was death. I wanted to see Jen having a really really happy, successful life like the rest of the gang. She always is upset or having problems with herself. It’s really too bad that she was killed off. She would have been a great mother of her child. I’m happy she left her kid with Jack. Like I said though, she really shouldn’t have died. This was the only bad part of the finale. Jack McPhee is a teacher at Capeside and from what we saw on the finale, he is really good at it. He’s also in love with Doug Witter. Despite Doug’s fear of finally revealing his sexuality to Capeside, Jack and Doug end up together taking care of Jen’s child. This was a happy part of the finale. Yay!

Oh, and Andy who is another one of my favorite character’s comes back for the shortest period of time ever. We find out that she’s a doctor, of course, and that she’s successful and happy. I’m happy Andy ended up great, but she should’ve had more time on the finale. All in all, the series finale was fantastic besides Jen’s death and Andy’s short farewell. The writer’s did a great job ending this unforgettable series. I still enjoy watching reruns of Dawson’s Creek today. :)