Dawson's Creek

The Dance

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 11, 1998 on The WB

• Andie forces the group to come to a dance. Jack talks to Joey about their kiss while dancing but Dawson overhears and get angry and punches Jack. Pacey conforts with another girl after telling Andie he doesn\'t dance causing her to be angry with him.

The first episode I ever saw was this one and from the first scene I was hooked. When it firsted started I wasnt sure if I would like the show since Im not really in to teen soaps but once I saw the conflict happen mid point I knew I was gonna love this show. The end made me want to watch it even more when Joey was in Dawsons bedroom and they broke it off after saying they loved each other. Although I am a Pacey and Joey fan I was a Joey and Dawson fan after that show.
  • Andie tries to set Jen up with Jack. Dawson finds out about Joey and Jack's kiss. Mitch moves out.

"The Dance" is a well-done dance episode. I usually hate dance episodes but I love this one. I like Joey's suggestion at the beginning of the episode to invite Jen to the dance. It shows that Joey stopped hatting Jen. I love how Andie has the idea to set up Jack and Jen. I don't think the Pacey dancing with Christy and Andie catching them dancing together was all that necessary but it did lead to Andie listing all the things she likes about Pacey. That was a nice scene and then they danced and kissed. I feel bad that Jack got punched but I love how Dawson has the guts to punch another guy. I love how Jack and Jen leave the dance together and their basically begin their friendship at the end of this episode. I'm not sure if Dawson and Joey officially break up in this episode but it seems like they take a break. It was so sad how Mitch leaves and Gail cries. But the tension between the two characters is gone. I give this episode a 9/10.