Dawson's Creek

The Lost Weekend

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 17, 2001 on The WB

• Dawson is looking for a reason to stay in Boston with Joey all his friends. Joey tries to drop a class. Pacey gets a job. Jen starts a relationship with Charlie.

This episode was so much better than "Bostonians". There was more drama. In this episode Dawson listens to Joey's message that she left for him while she was drunk. To be honest, I don't like Joey and Dawson fighting, but I love all the things that happened when they didn't spend the day together. Let's start of with Joey. She spends the day trying to drop a class. I actually thought it was funny that her Creative Writing teacher put a different name on the phone. I love that she got an A- on that paper he wanted her to do. I also liked that she throw the form in the garbage. Let's go to Dawson. I love how he spent the whole day with Audrey. Audrey is growing on me very fast as a character. I liked the ending where Joey kind of asks Dawson to stay, and he does stay, which is good. Pacey's brother tries to get him a job at a restaurant. I love have that girl refused to let Pacey pay for their meal. I love how Pacey decided to go get a job. Though I'm not a huge fan of Chad Michael Murray he plays Charlie very well. I like that he and Jen are sort of a couple now. I also saw a Jen from season 1 acting all witty. It was nice. I give this episode a 8/10.
  • Dawson questions whether he wants to stay in LA and Joey questions the future of her relationship with Dawson.

This episode is one of the last few great episodes in the last 2 seasons. Even though the problems between Joey and Dawson continue to be the same, it seems true to life that they are having trouble moving on from each other. Neither one of them can let go. In the previous episode when Joey said she was done with Dawson it seemed too final for them. They truly do have a relationship that cannot be completely broken ever, even if they are not romantically involved. I love Audrey's interaction with Dawson as well because she helps him to see that he would rather be in Boston with his friends. I enjoy the dynamic between Professor Wilder and Joey as well, even though he is being annoying when she is trying to work things out with Dawson. I would totally find the story of their relationship interesting. In these beginning episodes I liked Jen and Charlie together as well, even though I thought they moved a little fast. Charlie is initially very charming. Pacey's storyline was a bit boring in this episode, but I was glad to see him settling down in Boston instead of traveling the world on yachts.