Dawson's Creek

The Tao of Dawson

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 10, 2001 on The WB

• Dawson loves Gretchen but decides he won't take action and he'll let fate bring them together. Gretchen realizes she's in love with Dawson. Grams and Mr. Brooks are dating, but does Grams know about him dieing? Joey and Drue get locked in a storage room.

This was another very well done episode of Dawson's Creek. I like the beginning of the episode with Pacey and Dawson fishing. In this episode Dawson is definately in love with Gretchen. And Gretchen is in love with Dawson. I still like the friendship that Dawson has with Mr. Brooks. I'm actually starting to like the idea of Grams and Mr. Brooks as a couple. Grams looked beautiful in this episode. I like how Dawson cares for Grams and I never thought of him having a grandson/grandmother relationship until this episode. Gretchen takes Pacey or a road trip to see her ex-boyfriend. I like that she told Pacey that she got pregnant and had a miscarriage. I thought the scene where Gretchen realizes that she's not who she used to be and Nick falls asleep was funny. I like the end where Gretchen and Dawson are finally together. Now let's get to the good part of the episode. Joey gets stuck in a storage room with Drue. They spend the whole night together. My favourite scene has to be Joey falling, Drue catches her, and then they kiss, then Joey punches him in the face. Drue is definately a perv because he had a phone on him the whole time. But I do like that Joey kind of understands him because it's obvious he has issues with his father. I give this episode a 8.5/10.
  • Drue and Joey get trapped in the storage room, Grams dates Mr. Brooks even though he's dying, Pacey and Gretchen try to get her car back, oh and yeah, the best part... when Dawson and Gretchen finally get together!

This is one of my favorite episodes of Dawson's Creek. One word I would use to describe it is "sweet". Right from the start, Pacey and Dawson are fishing together which shows that (at this point) there is a possibility that they may one day be friends again. Then when Pacey realizes about 3/4 of the way through that maybe Dawson isn't such a bad thing for his sister and he and Gretchen have the heart to heart about her pregnancy and the reason she had to drop school - it's such a wonderful moment. Then the whole episode culminates in the final sequence where "I Think God Can Explain" plays. It showcases all the couples on the show - Mitch and Gale looking at the ultra sound, Grams and Mr. Brooks, Joey and Pacey on the dock - while Dawson reads his letter and Gretchen cries while driving frantically to go see him. I love that letter. And then the pivotal moment when they kiss and are finally together. This is actually one of the few episodes where I really like Dawson and I think the last 2 or 3 minutes are just beautiful.