Dawson's Creek

The Two Gentlemen of Capeside

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 18, 2000 on The WB

• Pacey gets a good grade and decides to celebrate by taking Jen on a boat trip. All goes well, until they get stuck in a thunder storm and Joey and Dawson have to go rescue them. Andie takes control of situation proving she has more than a mental illness.

Excellent episode! Awesome drama in this episode! I liked Joey and Dawson's debate at the beginning of the episode. Congratulations to Pacey for getting an A! To celebrate he and Jen take the boat out, as Joey is working on a project. Pacey and Jen get stuck out in the rain/thunder/almost hurricane storm. I like Pacey's confession of regretting of what happened to him and Dawson. I loved how Dawson knew exactly where Pacey would be and I loved that Pacey knew Dawson would know where he was. I like the ending with the conversation between Pacey and Dawson. It looks like they are going to try and be friends again. I like Andie a lot in this episode. I love how she took control of the terrible situation she was in. I liked how she stood up to the Yacht Club lady. I love Grams in this episode too, how she stood up for Dawson. I also felt a little sorry for her because she was almost in tears. I thought the little part with Jen and Drew at the end was interesting because they knew each other. So did Jen set something on fire in New York?? Or was that like a metaphor or something? Anyways I give this episode a 9/10.
  • Dawson does the right thing whether he really wants to or not. He gets critized for being straight-edge all the time but he is reliable.

The only reason why this episode didn't get a 10 is because they made Pacey way too irresponsible and that is not believable with all the experience he had over the summer. They would've been better off with him ignoring the reports then leaving equipment behind and using batteries for other things (listening to music) then for safety purposes. Anyhoo, it was cool that when Pacey was in trouble he had confidence that his Best Friend Dawson would know where to find them and help. They still don't come to a "happy" ending but they do talk about how they feel after the incident and that is a positive step in their friendship. This Dru guy is obviously going to be a jerk to Jen. I'm sure he'll be causing trouble in the future.
  • Dawson the hero of the day?

Lets start with something bother me on this episode: Is it a bad idea sail out in the ocean (!) without seen any forecasts? Yes, it is! Is it also a mistake while beginning storms in the ocean do nothing? Yeah, of course! So why a person which sails out in the ocean for three months and must having enough experience made this, when he bears responsibility for a guest (Jen)? Clearly for only one reason: We wanna see how selfish Dawson became the hero of day!

So why I gave an 8.4 rating? I will explain it: After seeing “Coming Home” and “Falling Down” I waiting every little moment for the situation Dawson and Pacey have to speak to another. Especially in that moment we will see that Dawson and Pacey are closer to each other than they think to be. Dawson know where Pacey can be found and Pacey is sure that Dawson will find them…

Pacey wont leave his “True Love” while they were rescued. I think we have to vulgarize that he connects with the “True Love” his true love Joey and his happiest time ever. Dawson does not accept this and won’t leave him alone, what is the determining sequence for the next time. In point of fact we can see while Pacey come over to thanks for his help, Dawson shows that it is only a little question of the time before they move on to best friends again. Whether the last impulse for jumping into the motorboat were given by Joey, it is Dawson, who make it all possible.

In conclusion I have also to face the great, realistic and intersting play of a little poor and imaginary story.
  • A fantastic example of the Dawson-Joey-Pacey triangle. Also, a great introduction to Drew, the new Abby Morgan of Capeside!

This is such a great episode! Pacey and Jen are pondering the regrets of their life while tossed around the sea, and Joey and Dawson head out to save them. Drew is a great addition in the fourth season and we learn of Jen's connection to him and his home town. The best part is when Pacey suggests that he and Jen head the boat towards a cove that he can't remember the name of. The wind and waves are dramatically crashing on the boat while Jen yells "Who the hell is going to find us there" And Pacey yells back..."DAWSON....,Dawson will know"! Wow! So meaningful since they haven't talked since Pacey stole Joey away for the summer! In conclusion a great adventure episode with a glimpse of hope in the end for Pacey and Dawson's friendship!