Day Break Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

They've canceled it!

storepatter

[1]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 6

That's it, never again I'll watch first run shows. If I know a show has been around for 4-5 years perhaps I'll give it a chance, but never from season one - those fools are too greedy for their own good.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117955848.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&nid=2562

Edited on 07/23/2008 8:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bondy007

[2]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 6
    oh man this surely sux i thought this was an awesome show... with an indepth story hopefully they put the rest of the episodes online or something ;(

djariya

[3]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 19
    That sucks it got the axe. It's just surprising to me how badly this show has tanked in the last few weeks. It was losing viewers like crazy. I think this last episode on Wednesday had just under 3 million viewers. Which is horrible considering the premiere had over 10 million viewers.

ABC should just put the episodes online and let us finish the story.

djariya

[4]Dec 15, 2006
    storepatter wrote:

That's it, never again I'll watch first run shows. If I know a show has been around for 4-5 years perhaps I'll give it a chance, but never from season one - those fools are too greedy for their own good.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117955848.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&nid=2562

This fall has been really bad for the serial drama. I don't think a single serial drama made it to a full season besides Jericho on CBS. You also have to understand that TV is a business and it makes no sense to keep a show on the air that noone is watching and is losing viewers like crazy.

djariya

[5]Dec 15, 2006
    You also have to put some blame on the 16+ million viewers who watch Lost who decided to not even bother watching this show.

tesub_calle

[6]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 9
    storepatter wrote:

I echo that sentiment, storepatter. But I'm going one further: I'm just not watching TV anymore, period.

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson after shows like Boomtown, Joan of Arcadia, Under Suspicion, High Incident, Sleepwalkers, Earth 2, (should I go on?)

The one and only show that escaped the axe and went on to be a huge success that I watched from the very beginning was X-Files. If that had been on any other network than FOX, it's a sure bet it would have been gone after Season One. I'd have cried bitter tears if that happened. As it is, the show wasn't able to maintain its sharp edge, and I stopped watching all on my own after Season 7.

But it is a throughly frustrating exercise when networks tank a show after just 4 or 5 episodes. This sort of fickle attitude leaves me feeling cold and jaded.

Day Break is a super show. I would have even watched this week's episode - if my local station actually had the decency to broadcast it - which they didn't. And since I don't live in the USA, ABC's site is useless to me for watching the episodes.

I just want to be able to see the show come to a logical, satisfying conclusion. If it means that it's only 13 episodes, wonderful! Just stop jerking me around. All these cancellations of shows I get into leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

It's a shame I have to apparently add 'Day Break' to the list of shows I liked but were axed prematurely.

Maybe I should just give my TV away, since I don't watch anything else.

tvguy8472

[7]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 7
    Well, I don't care too much as long as the rest of the episodes show up online. If they don't I won't be very happy...

jmkdog

[9]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 3
    ABC made some real serious mistakes. This may be the beginning of the end for the alphabet. sinking fast. I will be watching showtime and DEXTER , **** network TELEVISON, sad sad sad. dummies

tramlaw301

[10]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 18
    topaz420 wrote:
    How ironic that this show is better than Lost has been lately.

F*** YOU ABC!

I second that!!! F ABC!!! That's not cool at all. It's only 13 episodes. Just finish it up all ready. I can't believe they canceled it in the middle of the series.

NigaSibilino

[11]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 5
    I can't **** believe ABC, at least let us watch the rest of the season!

kendahlj

[12]Dec 15, 2006
    That sucks...at least they were smart enough to cancel that stupid game show on before it. I know a station in UK bought the rights so maybe the episodes will end up online somewhere eventually.

mindsport

[13]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 4
    this does suck i actually really was starting to enjoy this show 

Jestas

[14]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 8
    I'm speechless... The last two episodes were top notch, coitus interruptus... I really hope that the other episodes show up online somehow, I need it... Right now I'm really sad for this...

mdstudio

[15]Dec 16, 2006

Man once they decide a show is toast, they really move fast.

http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2006/12/day_break_abcs_taye_diggs_drama_is_gone.html

Grand13

[16]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 11
    its not horrible news as the rest of the episodes are to be eventually found on abc.com or if that doesnt work you can probably find them to download if you arent in the US

kenji_sallk

[17]Dec 16, 2006
    It's mainly horrible in the sense that the series is going to end without full closure. They'll resolve the Garza murder conspiracy, but they apparantly won't fully explain everything (including why Hop keep Day Breaking etc).

The fact that they had to write the series with the ability to adapt to a longer-running drama kills its ability to be a successful inclosed story, yet the business of network television will prevent it from being told the way they made it to. It's another case of networks birthing flawed incomplete stories. I hate this. (I only watch Daybreak, Lost, House and Prison Break on tv anymore because of this kind of crap).

It should've been on HBO.

thetruesora

[19]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 22
    Day break had become one of my main shows i watch, along with stargate(both sg1 and atlantis), doctor who, scrubs and my name is earl. i just want clarification, is the next episode on as normal next week and then sometime after the rest of the series goes online? or what?

kenji_sallk

[20]Dec 16, 2006
    Seems like the last episode to air is the December 27th episode ( episode 8 ), and the remaining 4 will be online exclusives. Let's hope that the show will at least warrant a DVD release (cheap and easy to make ABC some cash). I see this show doing much better on the home video market.
    Edited on 12/16/2006 11:26am