Day Break Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

They've canceled it!

thunderdeed

[23]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 7
    YES!!! now can we get lost back now ABC? i hate to say i told you so but..put lost back on and will still be friends o.k.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Palmolives

[24]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 8
    thunderdeed, what are you talking about? Day Break wasn't brought to replace LOST. LOST was going to take a break till February regardless of any other matter. So take your feelings of jubilation elsewhere.

tramlaw301

[26]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 18
    dust2 wrote:
    It makes me **** sick that **** queers watch peices of **** like Dancing With the Washed Up piles of **** and a great show like Day Break can't get any viewers because it's not gay enough.

hahahhaahhaah!!!

danthake

[28]Dec 17, 2006
    i'm surprised it was cancelled, being only 13 weeks you'd think they'd let it run its course... Here in the UK it's rare (if ever) that a show gets cancelled (at least ones this high in quality and production values)

kopeckee

[31]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 20
    This is the 3rd or 4th show I watched this year that has to be continue every week to get to the end . Vanished what a bummer that was even after watch it on line it never told the final outcome… Kidnapped which I have 1 show left and it was/is pretty good don’t know why they cancel it,, … and they will have a ending to it .. One I cant remember over on the CW I think it was runaway with Jack Bauer wife in it . It only ran 3 shows before the axed it so that was not so bad . I knew it would not be long before they gave it the boot . .. Last year it was Reunion on Fox. Never got the final outcome there … so I guess if it doesn’t end in the 1 hour I will be done with them . Problem is I like the shows where you are trying to figure out what’s going on/ what’s going to happen… I wonder if they ever thought of stopping 24 at any point before it became a huge hit… I think I will at least get to see the final with the outcome here… ho how could I forget The Nine… Shows that run week to week will have 2 strikes against them even before they start ...

Will_of_the_D

[32]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 14
    Good news folks, well sort of anyway. I just read that us few loyal fans will get to see the final episodes on abc.com. Yes, I read it on www.televisionista.net and I hope its true. Its better than never knowing how it ended.

FrenchLilFlo

[33]Dec 17, 2006

noooo!! I can't believe it!! it was so great!!

i'll never know the end cuz only US viewers can watch the full episodes on ABC *cries*

hansiu

[34]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 3
    FrenchLilFlo wrote:

noooo!! I can't believe it!! it was so great!!

i'll never know the end cuz only US viewers can watch the full episodes on ABC *cries*

It's bound to be ripped so you should have no problem watching it

LincolnBurrows

[35]Dec 17, 2006

djariya wrote:
    You also have to put some blame on the 16+ million viewers who watch Lost who decided to not even bother watching this show.

I've been watching Lost since day one.   I watched about a half hour of the Day Break pilot and hit stop then erase promptly. 

No matter what show follows Lost, it's probably never going to do as well in the ratings (Even Alias didn't, which is one of my favorite all-time shows).  It's just that Day Break and even Invasion were particularly bad.  

I find no fault in ABC for junking it and hope that Men In Trees goes next.

leary

[36]Dec 17, 2006
    Im not surprised I knew they would.

SpotonRisotto

[37]Dec 17, 2006
    Any news of when the episodes will air online?   I will have to keep my eye out for rips on torrent pages I guess.

topaz420

[38]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 5
    SpotonRisotto wrote:
    Any news of when the episodes will air online? I will have to keep my eye out for rips on torrent pages I guess.

I'm assuming once a week at the same time that the previous ones were posted.

Boy, do webrips look and sound terrible though
    I'm used to seeing Daybreak in glorious 720p HDTV

Well at least BRAVO bought the u.k. rights hopefully there'll be some better versions from there

HneobaXX

[39]Dec 17, 2006
    Why can't abc just let the show finish. Let it run, I don't think that reruns of George Lopez and According to Jim will get more viewers, someone better get some good rips of the video can't watch it in Canada. Love Day Break it was an amazing show and alot better than the **** currently on.