Grand13

[1]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 11
    Premiering today 3/2
    only on ABC.com

"What If It's Him"

SERIES FINALE! Hopper's day of reckoning finally is in sight
    and the answers to his questions are within his reach - but will he
    live to see the end of his repeating day.

Only use this thread to comment once episode is available later today
    Edited on 03/02/2007 2:17pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tramlaw301

[2]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 18
    All right!!! Let's try this again. Hopefully they didn't tool with it and mess around with the Finale too much and I hope that it is in the right order.

Alex565

[3]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 1
    Just finished watching it, so confused who is the guy at the end?  Is he the one that made the day repeat??  Why did the day stop repeating?  Because he found out what happened to his father?  What happened to chad after he knocked out the guard in the elevator and snuck away?  Awesome song at about 32-35 though.

mlou311

[4]Mar 2, 2007
    Alex565 wrote:
    Just finished watching it, so confused who is the guy at the end? Is he the one that made the day repeat?? Why did the day stop repeating? Because he found out what happened to his father? What happened to chad after he knocked out the guard in the elevator and snuck away? Awesome song at about 32-35 though.

The guy at the end was the one who also was experiencing Day-repeat.  Obviously, he was all cleaned up in a suit, and much less crazed looking.  The story would continue, but they had to give us Season 1 finale, so we can try to come up with ideas why the guy was watching and pleased.

Alex565

[5]Mar 2, 2007
    Oh yeah! I knew i recognized him from some where..but i still dont get how he got the day to repeat and whatever happened to chad?

NKwulf

[6]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    Please be posting details.  What Happen!!!

JustAJimmyFan

[7]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    I guess the ending was satisfactory but not as good as I would have liked. I know they needed to keep it open for another season if it got one but they left quite a bit open. I guess Chad was going to be a part of season two so that's why we don't see him after he escapes the elevator. Same with the main bad guy lawyer. The guy at the end must of been some lead in for season two as well. Some questions didn't get answered though like what happened to Margot? All in all, the day stopping repeating and the overall end seemed a little anticlimatic for what was otherwise an exciting series. It's too bad we will never get to see what they had planned for another season.
    Edited on 03/02/2007 4:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Alex565

[8]Mar 2, 2007
    I highly doubt there will be another season I mean there is some questions unanswered but the day already stopped repeated, and mostly everyone is safe. But there are questions that have no explanation like what happened to the judge and chad.

rahum_unf

[9]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    im pleased with it.

season 2 would have had some awesome answers, but.... sadly that wont ever happen.

lots of things were left open...... i was hoping when i heard about the show, that it was 13 episodes, and DONE, no season 2, just one season and BOOM.  But of course if the show was a bigtime hit, they had to keep it all open JUST incase.     It did not work out well for us.

Regardless, very good, very much enjoyed.

jenn3539

[10]Mar 2, 2007
    I'm really disappointed that they don't explain why the day was repeating and what it was that made him break out of it.

The guy at the end was Jared, the crazy guy who was looking for his brother who claimed that his day was also repeating. His expression at the end implied to me though that he wasn't a victim, but rather an orchestrator. Maybe if the series had continued we would have discovered that Jared and that brain surgeon were conducting some sort of diabolical experiment.

I've been trying to brainstorm about what it was that broke the cycle. Did Hopper alert the police about what was about to go down at the judges' meeting *after* he woke up "tomorrow", or did he do it during the repeating day? Seems like the day would repeat if those judges were still in danger?
    Any ideas?
    Edited on 03/02/2007 5:59pm

ignignotTX

[11]Mar 2, 2007

Question:

What the heck happened to Margo?!

Isn't the last thing Hopper heard that she didn't show up at work? Does that mean she gto kidnapped and maybe murdered? He certainly didn't seem to worry about it after everything was done...

jenn3539

[12]Mar 2, 2007
    ignignotTX wrote:

Question:

What the heck happened to Margo?!

Isn't the last thing Hopper heard that she didn't show up at work? Does that mean she gto kidnapped and maybe murdered? He certainly didn't seem to worry about it after everything was done...

Maybe we were supposed to assume that since the meeting got scheduled, she was released unharmed?

Not sure.

ignignotTX

[13]Mar 2, 2007
    jenn3539 wrote:
    I've been trying to brainstorm about what it was that broke the cycle. Did Hopper alert the police about what was about to go down at the judges' meeting *after* he woke up "tomorrow", or did he do it during the repeating day? Seems like the day would repeat if those judges were still in danger?
    Any ideas?

It had to have been *after* because the meeting was supposed to take place the *next* day. Hopper had to have already gotten out of the loop in order to warn them.

djariya

[14]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 19
    It was a good conclusion to the series. At least the writers wrapped things up compared to Vanished. I think the writers left a small door open for a season 2 if the show would have gotten renewed, but since that's not happening, I'm quite satisfied with the conclusion.

jenn3539

[15]Mar 2, 2007
    ignignotTX wrote:
    jenn3539 wrote:
    Any ideas?

It had to have been *after* because the meeting was supposed to take place the *next* day. Hopper had to have already gotten out of the loop in order to warn them.

But hadn't he found out the day before that the meeting was scheduled at 9???

If it wasn't the judges' meeting that broke him out of the repeating day, I can't figure out what else it could be. It couldn't have been the fact that he was unconsious, since he has been unconscious before in the quarry with Dettmeier.

ignignotTX

[16]Mar 2, 2007
    Yeah, they did a pretty good job considering. I'm really glad ABC didn't just totally drop the series before it could reach some resolution.

And I REALLY like being able to watch full episodes of shows online. I just wish they had a completely full-screen player like NBC has for their shows.

ignignotTX

[17]Mar 2, 2007
    jenn3539 wrote:
    But hadn't he found out the day before that the meeting was scheduled at 9???

If it wasn't the judges' meeting that broke him out of the repeating day, I can't figure out what else it could be. It couldn't have been the fact that he was unconsious, since he has been unconscious before in the quarry with Dettmeier.
    I think the break in the day looping had something to do with him being unconsious. As for the warning, it seemed to me like he probably called about the judges after he woke up and he realized it was the next day. I think Rita told him it was a little after 7 and the judges met at 9 so he had plenty of time to call it in.
    Edited on 03/02/2007 6:14pm

jenn3539

[18]Mar 2, 2007
    ignignotTX wrote:
    I think the break in the day looping had something to do with him being unconsious.

As for the warning, it seemed to me like he probably called about the judges after he woke up and he realized it was the next day. I think Rita told him it was a little after 7 and the judges met at 9 so he had plenty of time to call it in.

I had thought about his being unconscious too. But wasn't he unconscious after being drugged in the quarry with Dettmeier et al.???

jenn3539

[19]Mar 2, 2007
    Oh, and I was also wondering about why Spivak's name was on that list if he wasn't actually involved??

And I'm still a bit fuzzy on how the whole storyline with Rita killing her father really fit in. Was it just to establish why Chad was involved? Where is everyone? Still watching? I'm just itching to talk about this! LOL
    Edited on 03/02/2007 6:21pm

ignignotTX

[20]Mar 2, 2007
    jenn3539 wrote:

I had thought about his being unconscious too. But wasn't he unconscious after being drugged in the quarry with Dettmeier et al.???

Yes, he was unconscious, but maybe he had to be pistol whipped into unconsciousness or something.