Day Break Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

"What If It's Him" (spoilers) - episode 13(Finale) - 3/2/07

jenn3539

[21]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 1
    ignignotTX wrote:
    jenn3539 wrote:

I had thought about his being unconscious too. But wasn't he unconscious after being drugged in the quarry with Dettmeier et al.???

Yes, he was unconscious, but maybe he had to be pistol whipped into unconsciousness or something.

LOL. Yes it all makes sense now!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ignignotTX

[22]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    jenn3539 wrote:
    Oh, and I was also wondering about why Spivak's name was on that list if he wasn't actually involved??

Where is everyone? Still watching? I'm just itching to talk about this! LOL

I think Spivak's name was on the subpoena list because he was testifying against the other guys like Garza was supposed to. Only in Spivak's case he was involved only by being the Hopper's father's former partner...if I remember that part correctly.

GabbaGoo

[23]Mar 2, 2007

I Had A Thought That His Father Was Going Through The Same Thing As Hopper Is Right Now and There Was No Way To Stop It, So He Killed Himself...
    Edited on 03/02/2007 6:46pm

jenn3539

[24]Mar 2, 2007
    GabbaGoo wrote:
    I Had A Thought That His Father Was Going Through The Same Thing As Hopper Is Right Now and There Was No Way To Stop It, So Killed Himself...

I think it was clear though that Nick killed his father in order to shut him up about the Contreras case.

laural9

[25]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 2

It's probably just me, but I was disappointed. I was all pumped for Spivak to be a key part of this bag o-worms and he wasn't. C'est la vie.

Other than that... I was still disappointed. What the crap was with the needle in the neck? What was so important about the quarry? The explanations for what this had to do with his father and Uncle Nick and dang near everybody else seemed rushed and vague. Even what he did to make the day stop repeating, the thing that should have been the climax, wasn't. I guess it was written with the hope of a second season, but if this had been a season finale, I would have been shocked at how little it set up for the next season.

Now, seeing Jared at the end was great! I loved that b/c it implied that he might be the key to what was going on, kind of a God's hand at work sorta thing!

Hard for me to say I liked it, but then who could say that about the last episode of a series they loved. I'll miss you Brett. Now go catch some bad guys for a change!

GabbaGoo

[26]Mar 2, 2007
    Didn't Hopper Say His father Commited Suicide???

Or Maybe I Missed Something
    Edited on 03/02/2007 7:09pm

arthurmsmith

[27]Mar 2, 2007
    There's so much that changed on this final day:
        1) Hopper met with the Judge and gets the lowdown on the subpoenas
        2) Rita tells Hopper about her father first thing in the morning
        3) Hopper stops the bus before the driver has his stroke
        4) Hopper accuses Spivak of being dirty
        5) Hopper tells Chad that he thinks Spivak is dirty
        6) Hopper gets Mrs. Garza to confess
        7) Hopper confronts Booth
        Hopper scares Booth and co. enough for them to try and kill Hopper
        9) Damien is given the most damning info about Hopper, and in the end spares his life
        10) Chad challenges Hopper's frame-up theory (does Hopper suddenly realize Chad is dirty now?)
        11) Hopper finds out about the Judges' meeting

Any of these things could have been a factor in the day finally ending.  I think it's the fact the real story behind the Garza murder came out.

I think that Jarod is somehow pulling the strings that cause the day to repeat.  I still can't figure out how.  I thought we were going to get the answer to that tonight.

jenn3539

[28]Mar 2, 2007
    GabbaGoo wrote:
    Didn't Hopper Say His father Commited Suicide???

Or Maybe I Missed Something

Yes, he did, but we find out in the final episode that is not true. Sounds like you missed the final episode!!!

jenn3539

[29]Mar 2, 2007
    arthurmsmith wrote:
    There's so much that changed on this final day:
    1) Hopper met with the Judge and gets the lowdown on the subpoenas
    2) Rita tells Hopper about her father first thing in the morning
    3) Hopper stops the bus before the driver has his stroke
    4) Hopper accuses Spivak of being dirty
    5) Hopper tells Chad that he thinks Spivak is dirty
    6) Hopper gets Mrs. Garza to confess
    7) Hopper confronts Booth
    Hopper scares Booth and co. enough for them to try and kill Hopper
    9) Damien is given the most damning info about Hopper, and in the end spares his life
    10) Chad challenges Hopper's frame-up theory (does Hopper suddenly realize Chad is dirty now?)
    11) Hopper finds out about the Judges' meeting

Any of these things could have been a factor in the day finally ending. I think it's the fact the real story behind the Garza murder came out.

I think that Jarod is somehow pulling the strings that cause the day to repeat. I still can't figure out how. I thought we were going to get the answer to that tonight.

Don't forget also that Hopper also finally found out that his father didn't commit suicide.

Possibly some sort of supernatural dad communicating from the grave thing?
    Edited on 03/02/2007 7:21pm

Alex565

[30]Mar 2, 2007
    I;m gonna watch the episode what if hes not alone, and find out more about jarod

jenn3539

[31]Mar 2, 2007
    Alex565 wrote:
    I;m gonna watch the episode what if hes not alone, and find out more about jarod

I was just thinking the same thing! This is gonna drive me crazy if I can't figure out why the day was repeating.

NKwulf

[32]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    so basically there was no real closer...just that the day stopped repeating after he got all the clues.  No reasons why it started.  So um yeah...

Alex565

[33]Mar 2, 2007
    it said jarod was sent to a lab, and they took his brother, idk if that has to do with anything but yea..

NKwulf

[34]Mar 2, 2007

so over all it seems the whole Government invovlement that we all said we hope wasnt a part of it was infact a part of it.   Almost like 7 days but with groundhog day format.   The timeline was messed up, an agency needed to fix it and the only way was to have a person relive the same day over to fix what was wrong. 

Alex565

[35]Mar 2, 2007
    nevermind it wasnt a lab it was a hospital lol. and his last name was preyor so maybe see if theres any other names that pop up with preyor.

ChicksHateMe

[36]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 8
    I thought it was a good ending. A lot of things were solved, and wrapped up and some doors were left open. All - in - All, it was a great series that kept you thinking. I hope the production company can get involved with a reputable network that would be willing to foot the bill for a 2nd season.

As far as dealing with ABC, I am glad it's over. The cancellation, 2 long delays, the poorly edited episode. etc... took a lot away from the series I think. The only thing ABC offers me now, is Men in Trees and what ever they have left of live Sporting events. Take care all. Hope to see you again at the next Daybreak.

Firefox246

[37]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 7
    I think maybe Jared was supposed to be representative of a divine being or something, and maybe the mission from the beginning was to find out that nick killed his dad, and thats why he made it to tomorrow. His dad's death was something that troubled his entire life, and after discovering the truth (through what seems to be some kind of divine work or something..) he was set free.

jeffreyabr

[38]Mar 2, 2007
    Now we get to wait for the season (series) on DVD. Too bad it couldn't make it to a second season. Hey, maybe we'll all get lucky and Day Break will be picked up by another network or some rich guy will contribute $$$ to have another season made or who knows, they could pull a Family Guy with the DVD sales and ABC would do something smart and bring it back.

Nonetheless: great series, wonderful plot, suspenseful drama, and perfect cast. Goodbye Day Break and all that you gave us for those few short weeks of our lives. Good luck cast and have good careers.

DisruptedEcho

[39]Mar 2, 2007
    THE BEST SEASON FINALE EVER FAM, Damien Is The Hardest Character Eva

bertc

[40]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 12

I think what broke the cycle was that he was cleared of the Garza murder. I believe thats the first time that has happend. ( unless i forgot of another time along the way 13 episodes sure did drag a lonnnngggggg time.)

As for explanations and following seasons, i believe the plan for the show was to never actually explain the reason the day kept looping but once a season or day 'ended' the next season would stand on its own. That is one of the ideas i liked so much about this show and was looking forward to more of it in the future, much like 24 once the day ends the season wraps up nicely and they start anew the following year.