[61]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 8
    Wow, what an ending.

The only thing that would stop the repeating day was if Hopper
    understood the setup that was happening for the day after. Everything
    was set so he woke up to tomorrow.

This whole conspiracy is massive. So massive I'm probably gonna watch
    the whole season again just to clear everything up. Connections were
    everywhere and kudos to the writers for detailing everything.

Why was the day repeating? The needle in the neck was probably just a
    tranquilizer. As far as I see it, Jared was pretty much a God-like
    figure who repeated the day to help Hopper see through the conspiracy
    and stop the corruption. I prefer this explanation (X-Files forbidden
    more than some specific government experiment answer.

As for Chad and Barry Colbern (Lawyer boss guy), it was nice using them
    as examples of how corruption is never completely gone. Fensick and
    Buchalter ends up getting whacked by Miguel Dominguez. Booth and Mrs.
    Garza get silenced.

An incredibly packed, intense thriller. It's been a good run for Day Break. I'm glad I got to see the end.
    Edited on 03/04/2007 2:19am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

knitelius

[62]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 5
    I have finally watched the finale episode and feel like many of you. That there are still alot of open questions that would make for a great second season. I have decided to open a petition, as small a chance it may be we might as well try.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/daybreaks2

Ampora

[63]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 3
    sweet ending

got the eps finally on my private tracker

Jestas

[64]Mar 4, 2007
    Well, I saw the episode, finally... it's been a great ride... Some things in this series are pure genius. If I could give them money in advance for the dvd to make it happen, I would! I don't know if I would want a new season, I'm kinda satisfied with the conclusion (although I'd love some more Hopper adventures, hehe), but definitely I want a dvd set packed of extra content ASAP!

Leppie

[65]Mar 5, 2007
    Might I also add that Det. Battles looked damn hot wearing that body armour in the courthouse

mrf34gvec

[66]Mar 5, 2007
    I loved the ending. I was glad the Hopper's day was finally over. Sometimes shows don't need to completely wrap up for everyone to love them. Granted, a lot of people here would've loved to have had the repeating day thing explained, but that scene with Jared at the end hints that he was responsible. It's too bad that the best episodes in the series all had to be on the Internet and not actually on TV.

I really want a Season 2 now after watching the last episode...before, I was sure I'd be satisfied with an ending and not want more. Instead, I'm satisfied with the ending, but loved it so much, I want more. It's like a good rollercoaster ride. You know all the twists and turns and know that there won't be anything new, but you still want to ride it again. I want to "ride" on the storyline again, with these same characters preferrably.

AAF_Foxxstory

[67]Mar 5, 2007

oliverkh wrote:
    I used to love "John Doe" I thought it was great entertainment - and that was also cancelled a few years ago - anyway in the season (and what turned out to be series) finale we discover that the guy that has killed one of John Does friends and who is harming people he cares about is in fact his best friend! That was a real wow moment when it ended I am still annoyed about that!

I just caught an episode of JDoe for the 1st time over the weekend and just finished downloading the season.  Thanks for ruining the finale for me..Next time write that you have a spoiler for another show so we don't have to read it.  Like you would say "I am really annoyed about that!!!"

pdawg17

[68]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 1
    I know the writers said they would never say why the day repeated but THAT is the part of the show that really intrigued me (I had not read that they were never going to tell us)...it is a great storyline by itself but the day repeating is what separated this show from other shows for me...I was VERY disappointed to watch the last episode today and not find out why it had happened...that idea alone was why I kept watching it after it had been cancelled...I was very curious to find out how the writers would explain the day repeating...

The fact that the opening of each show always commented on the fact that he was living the same day over and over again made me think that the writers were WANTING us to focus on the idea of the day repeating and that THAT was the point of the show...bummer....

AAF_Foxxstory

[69]Mar 6, 2007
    I'm with you on that.  I never read anywhere that they were NOT goign to explain the phenomenom.  In fact , i read an iterview on abc once and they claimed they would explain everything at the end.  which they didn't.  I magine Lost ending with out ever explaining what the island is all about, what the others are doing there.  It's like never explaining the Black Smoke monster, now THAT is an answer i've been waiting for since the plane crash on the pilot episode and we saw the black smoke monster for the 1st time.

Niko_15

[70]Mar 6, 2007
    i'm not sure but i kinda remember something about it.
    at the end of the episode, a lot of pictures flash around (just like to wrap it up fast) and one of them is a woman dead in a car.
    it's in color and she seems to be margo.
    a flash appears and we see the picture of the girl murdered years ago (the start of the story)in the same conditions and position.
    i'll have a look at it again but i think it was her...

h4l0guy

[71]Mar 6, 2007
    Nice ending. You can see where the writers set it up for further seasons, the consipracy exists. About the show, Im not sure wheter I like them not telling us why the day was repeating, obviously it had to do with barry. By the end, however, it was not important how the day repeated, what was more interesting was what was going on with the story.There is no way that couldve been a government conspiracy, there is no way they could set up the whole city to act like that. In the end, I have to say that Barry was one of the figures, if not a figure, that caused the repeating day. What I want to know is what happened to Chad. how the hell can he escape from a police station? ITs obivous that he would be in the next season too. I would love it if the show got picked up fro a second season on some other network, but IT would probably not feautre taye diggs again.
    Edited on 03/06/2007 11:21am

h4l0guy

[72]Mar 6, 2007
    Niko_15 wrote:
    i'm not sure but i kinda remember something about it.
    at the end of the episode, a lot of pictures flash around (just like to wrap it up fast) and one of them is a woman dead in a car.
    it's in color and she seems to be margo.
    a flash appears and we see the picture of the girl murdered years ago (the start of the story)in the same conditions and position.
    i'll have a look at it again but i think it was her...

That was mrs garza

orxis

[73]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    Who is it that bret and rita meet in the very last seconds? His sister or margo? I thought it was margo and it was to show that they saved her, but now i saw it again I am not sure

Phoenix512

[74]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    orxis wrote:
    Who is it that bret and rita meet in the very last seconds? His sister or margo? I thought it was margo and it was to show that they saved her, but now i saw it again I am not sure

That was Jennifer in the very last scene.

QuestionMarq

[75]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    Suggestions for the writers of Daybreak:

1. DVD set for this season including cast and writer commentary along with a long written apology from ABC.
    2. They should come out with a second season that is just as entangling as the first. (Isn't it cool that they used actors from other sci-fi shows? Hint-hint wink wink, or more redundantly speaking, why not use other out of work sci fi actors/actresses?)
    and 3. I thought this would be fun if they could write a prequel to Daybreak using Hopper's father instead and having these interactions with Jared.  The summary would go like this.
    Say "what if", Jared had tried this before but instead had tried to find a way of bringing his brother back from the dead. Because he felt it would be like a huge risk, he thought he could try to use this "machine" on himself, which at the time he deemed unfit for himself. So, he uses Hopper's father to test his machine. And with every decision he made though, Hopper's father realizes that he had harsher consequences. So much so, his partner turns on him and kills him. Vowing never to use this "machine" Jared nevers saves his brother, but once he sees the predicament of his actions, he realizes that he needs to help the present day Hopper find his innocence because he was the one who first perpetualized Hopper's persecution. (And by doing this, the writers would have a better background for why Jared is helping Hopper. Also, I would like Sydney Poitiere to play Hopper's father, but then again he's kind of old. So most likely, Danny Glover or someone else? )

For everyone else, PLEASE comment on any other additions or ideas that the writers of Daybreak could do for the sake of the show, other than releasing it online.

jarmenz

[76]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 15
    Nice ending, but still they didn`t explain why Hopper lived that same day again and again

Romysgirl

[77]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 2
    I agree with the others who say that no explanation is needed as to why he repeated the day.  Although the reappearance of crazy guy (forgot his name) does indeed point to a higher power.  I think it would be cool to have Chad repeat the day over and over as the premise for the second season that is never going to happen.  Remember how he mocked Hopper when Hopper told him about his repeating the day over and over again.  That would be beyond cool!!!

McFrips

[78]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 5
    I am please with the finale. I think its a great ending, and although it does leave some questions unanswered, I think it would be better to do so, then have a definite solution. I don't want to be spoon fed every aspect of the stories conclusion, I prefer a little mystery.

I Agree that we don't need to know exactly why Hop was repeating his day, but I think the end is self explanatory.

asmi999

[79]Mar 9, 2007
    jenn3539 wrote:
    I'm really disappointed that they don't explain why the day was repeating and what it was that made him break out of it.

The guy at the end was Jared, the crazy guy who was looking for his brother who claimed that his day was also repeating. His expression at the end implied to me though that he wasn't a victim, but rather an orchestrator. Maybe if the series had continued we would have discovered that Jared and that brain surgeon were conducting some sort of diabolical experiment.

I've been trying to brainstorm about what it was that broke the cycle. Did Hopper alert the police about what was about to go down at the judges' meeting *after* he woke up "tomorrow", or did he do it during the repeating day? Seems like the day would repeat if those judges were still in danger?
    Any ideas?
    I really agree with all of your thoughts/comments! I think that Hopper warned the judge when he woke up in the truck. He had talked to Rita on the cell phone and it was only 7:00 am He had plenty of time to call the judge or his partner, who was present at the raid. I really want to know what caused the day to repeat! I guess we will never know.

PacMan2006

[80]Mar 12, 2007
    OK guys, I know I'm late to the party, but these are my thoughts...

Just finished watching the entire series. WOW, what a huge, deep conspiracy.

Somewhat felt let down by the finale--almost felt it should've been two hours. I think I would've liked to have seen a bigger show-down between Brett and someone else other than his uncle.

Still a little confused about Jared at the end...and actually was curious as to why he didn't show up at all after Hopper dropped him off at the guy's house who did Jared's surgery. I still can't quite understand what Jared, clean cut and in a suit, represents.

Loved, though, seeing Hopper taking Rita to Vegas and then Mexico...over and over again, to just try and get away from it all. Can't say I wouldn't have attempted the same thing, especially after failing to foil the repeating cycle. Nice to see him bet on the Dodgers game.

Very well written show. I can't imagine how much hard work must have went into it--everything from crafting the conspiracy to how Hopper approaches each day, etc. Incredible well writen and crafted. Loved how things that happened in ep 1 played a role later on. Was shocked that Margo was involved. This was a very well thought out and planned show, from start to finish. It is everything that "24" should be, as far as writing/story goes.

Lastly, I suppose I can see why some would want a conclusion/reason why the day was repeating. For me, I never cared actually. Ever. I guess it's just one of "those things." I like how you can personally take away different things. For me, it reminded me of my lucid dreams. Sometimes in dreams, I am aware that I am actually dreaming. So I will say and do things knowing, truly, that it won't matter in the long run. This whole situation isn't "real." I've even tried convincing people of the fact that they are, in a sense, alive only in this dream. And of course, like Hopper, people look at you crazy.

I'm not saying at all this was a dream. I think it was just one of those things that happens and obviously a vehicle to drive a very interesting concept and plot. But I like how each viewer can take something different away from the concept of the show.

Lastly, a question to you all...on the last episode, there is a re-cap of what happened in the episode prior. At the very end of the re-cap, Hopper states something like, "And today is the day I end it." And then there is a very quick shot of Spivak pointing a gun at Hopper inside of what appeared to be a subway station...? Thats what it looked like very briefly. Oddly enough, in the episode it's re-capping, this scene/shot never occured. So was this a scene that was cut from the previous episode? Was this a shot/scene from an older episode? Or am I missing something?