Day Break Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Will you buy Day Break on DVD?

Synetech

[42]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 22
    A(+)

I love complete sets, and this show is a nice, neat, little, packa-ge.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Adriaan17

[43]Oct 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    I also choose for A! Luckely they aired the complete series in Holland! I love this show, hopefully they wil also a European version... on region 2.. Stupid regions..
    well, A for me

tesub_calle

[44]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 9
    electrictroy wrote:
    djariya wrote:
    If and when Day Break gets released on DVD, will you guys buy it?

I don't know. I'm rather disgusted with TV right now. I don't feel like buying any of these blankety-blank shows. I'm tired of all my favorite shows (Earth2, Invasion, Surface, Kidnapped, Vanished, Daybreak, Justice) ending suddenly w/o proper wrapup.

I'm thinking about taking up book-reading instead.

I'n totally with you on that one. You know, it's not really so terrible when a show is cancelled. These things happen. Shows run their natural course. What ticks me off to no end is when a show is yanked around the schedule and is never given a proper send-off. I started watched Day Break for two reasons: One, because the premise fascinated me. Two, I was under the impression it was going to be a 13-episode series that actually had a conclusion, so viewers wouldn't be left wondering what in blazes happened.

(Earth 2, Under Suspicion, High Incident, Sleepwalkers.....and many more I won't bother to recite right now, had unceremonious 'endings'.)

I want this series on DVD so I can have the satisfaction of knowing that those 9 hours I invested in watching these characters (before it was yanked from the local station that was airing it) were not wasted.

'A' is my final answer. I don't even care about extras right now, although it would be nice to have a chat/commentary fromthe creator and writers of this one. Of course, they can't expect we'll pay anything over 35 bucks for a 13-episode series. And that just might be where the problem might come in. No profit in releasing it, they won't do it.

But I still hope.

By the way...reading books are way better. Because unless there's a printing error, you get an ending! And books don't tend to get yanked away from your hands when you're trying to read them.

I think TV's days are numbered what with growing viewer dissatisfaction and this writers' strike...

sawyer66

[45]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    A I will be picking it up on March the 11th. It looks like it will be loaded with extras which is rare for a shortlived show.

sylent_asassin

[46]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 26
    I'm sitting somewhere between A and D. While I'd like to support the show, the reality is the show ended and nothing we can do will change that fact. Firefly was ten times more popular and nothing was done about that show.

I may just Netflix the show in order to see the episodes I missed. With Netflix, I could request the commentary and extras disks and get the whole package without paying a ridiculous price for the boxed set. To purchase DVD's, I have to be sure that it's something I'm going to view more than twice to get my money's worth. Not sure if I'd watch the show more than twice.

mckenzie5555

[47]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 6
    I only watched the 1st episode last week and I have to admit it had me watching it for the hour! and then I thought I'll check up on it on the net, and typical its been cancelled...y do tv stations put on shows knowing that its been cancelled and all it does is get us frustrated...anyway the answer is Yes - even after 1 episode I would buy the DVD boxset!
    Edited on 01/25/2008 1:28pm

linxus

[48]Feb 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    A Day Break rlzzz

CTUBauer24

[49]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 46
    A.

IdiotBoxx

[50]Mar 7, 2008

Looks like Amazon.com and Best Buy have it for $19.99 on pre-order. Seems to be the best price I could find.

It says it comes out March 11th on Best Buy, but Amazon says March 25th.

http://www.amazon.com/Day-Break-Complete/dp/B00127Z5D2/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8718159&st=day+break&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1820185

julevamar

[51]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 3
    Counting down to release date..... you bet I'll buy it. In a heartbeat.

elara_ananke

[52]May 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    I answered (D) - I didn't buy it but I rented it on Netflix. I'm on episode 9 right now, and I can't believe they canceled this show! The actors are great, the plot is *incredibly* well-scripted, with every little detail slowly but surely falling into place - the writers clearly put an enormous effort into threading all these characters' storylines to intertwine together. But then, of course, most TV networks are in the business of canceling quality scripted programming in favor of yet another incarnation of "Bachelor" or whatever it is that ABC is showing these days...I pretty much don't watch network TV anymore, I rely on Netflix for my entertainment.
    Edited on 05/24/2008 1:27am

thatmonkey

[53]Jul 25, 2008

Bought it and I'm more than satisfied. I enjoyed this series more than any other I have bought. I think I saw an episode or two that I even missed online or in broadcast.

Hands down, best TV show in some time and insightful, entertaining commentary. Amazing show, I can't say anymore.

khaki_dojo

[54]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 57
    Bought it tonight. Best $28 I ever spent. I had been hunting for the show since it went off the air -- and I only saw two episodes.

leofiregod

[55]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 7
    I went to Target a couple weeks back with my sister. She pointed this series out to me. I'd never even heard of it. I bought it because it was only $5. Just finished it tonight. I loved it. Best $5 i've spent in a long time.

jelleblom

[56]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 7
    I'm buying! it is a great show although it strangly enough never aired in my country (Netherlands) my girlfriend pointed Day Break out to me when she returned from NY.

JenniferGuy

[57]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 1

no because its rubbish twopeople crammed at end of settee looks stupid

are they both reading off same auto cue? very amatureish dont like at all