Day Break

ABC (ended 2006)

Day Break Fan Reviews (85)

• One of the best action shows.

Day Break was one of the best action shows ever to be seen on television. It's intelligent storytelling, fantastic characters and creative writing sold it all very well.

The main conception of the show is that Detective Brett Hopper is framed for murder. Yes, but.... he constantly relives the same day over and over again, which gives him a chance to find out who wants to frame him and why.

Each episode gives us new pieces of the puzzle and a new perspective. All 13 episodes have the same amount of suspense and mystery, that, makes this show what it is.

Taye Diggs' portrayal of Det Brett Hopper is probably just as good as Kiefer Sutherland's portrayal of Jack Bauer. Guns look good in his hands.

While the show's mythology(why is he reliving the same day) was not explained,you're not really going to except that. The reason for that is simply because eventually you'll realize it's just a plot element. And as I mentioned above, a great one.

The show basically always ends with an amazing cliffhanger. In fact, this show is like pure adrelaine. There's no reason for you not to get this on DVD and watch it in a day. Trust me, once you put the disk into the DVD player, you won't be able to stop.

This show offers something new. Something that eventually led to it's cancellation. Action show that's actually serialised with a complicated mythology.

It's a fresh take on the genre, and I'm very very sad that it didn't last longer. There's just so much more potential left in it...

But still. I bow down infront of the excellent Cast and Crew for giving us 13 incredible episodes.