Dead at 21

MTV - Music Television (ended 1994)

Dead at 21 Fan Reviews (3)

6.8
  • Strange series that died without resolving anything.

6.7
    Stumbled across a mention of this series as part of another review and then I started to remember a few bits and pieces of it. I only vaguely remember this series though I do rememember I watched every episode only to find out it was cancelled and ended with a cliff hanger. That sort of thing really chaps my caboose! "Invasion" did the same thing in 2006.

Anyway, a government project put computer chips in babies' brains, and they all grow to be Einsteins. The major drawback was that the chips eventually fail when they reach the age of 21. But the main character Ed only find out when he has 1 year left. So he tries to find a way to get the chip out and save his life. In the end he find a facility with others like him most of whom end up dead. Of course this presented a huge problem, either he gets the chip out and lives and loses his genius powers (rather dull) or he fails and dies (self explanatory). I guess they could have had him hunt down the scientists who did this and kill them all or something but thats about it. It might have made more sense to have him live to be 30 before the chip killed him giving up to 10 years for a series.