Dead Last

The WB (ended 2001)

Dead Last Fan Reviews (3)

7.9
  • The Idea? cool, The cast? very good. The timing? very, very unfortunate.

The show had a lot of potential, and like many others it was canceled before it's time, many things contributed to the premature cancellation of this show, but I guess the worst one was the attacks on 9/11, not only for the tragedy that the country suffered, but because it was kind of difficult (if not impossible) to continue a show were some band members could talk to the dead,and helped to resolve their pending matters so they could cross to the other side, and if I remember well, the last episode shown on the WB, took place in New York, of all places (talk about eerie)I read somewhere that the remaining unaired episodes were released in Australia and I've been hunting them on the web ever since, lost them on e-bay to some dude at the last minute.

It's been 6 years, it would be nice to see the series released on dvd some time in the future.
  • Saw-saw...

5.7
    I friggin loved this show! It made its debut in Canada on YTV's "Dark Corner" (a few hours of shows pertaining to the paranormal, most of them horribly faked). Much like YTV's Dark Corner, Dead Last was short lived and unfortunately the only episodes made repeated for a few months afterward and were eventually pulled off the air. I managed to record a few of the episodes but over the last few years they've succumbed to damage or some jagoff has taped over them. I'm stuck with the pilot, and I want more. It's sad to think that if the show had been put out a year later maybe it would've had a stronger response; after all that is when pop-punk hit it's peak and spawned a fresh batch of poseur tweens who, without a doubt, would've taken to the idea of an indie rock band battling the "Unseen". So hardcore. Then again I'm thankful it came out when it did because I'm sure those damn kids and their eyeliner would've ruined it for the rest of us.

I found the show was well written and had a delightful sense of humor. You'll love it even if you're not that into ghosts. The characters were phenomenal, but of course it had the right cast to pull it off. I don't want to think of Tyler Labine as anyone but Scotty, and I just don't see enough of Kett Turton these days. There is a petition online to put the show on DVD (although I know most of us would rather them make more episodes)
  • A delightfully amusing, sometimes creepy, show about a semi-normal band that accidentally ends up with the ability to see ghosts.

Every episode of this show is unique, and all of them are a treat to see. Dead Last presents something for everyone, really, with its comedic outlook, the touch of drama, a dash of the supernatural and even a small smidge of horror (though not enough to make it really creepy).

I think that, had Dead Last been released just a few years later, it would have fared better, with shows like ‘Supernatural’ and ‘Ghost Whisperer’ making lingering spirits a more popular theme for television. Unfortunately, it came out in the era of ‘Roswell’ (in which Sara Downing also appreared) when aliens seemed so much cooler than ghosts. But all that is beside the point.

With a great cast that really complimented itself, and well drawn characters that were strong right from the very beginning, Dead Last was horribly underappreciated by both the networks that aired it and the public who could have watched it. If you ever get a chance to see this show, take it, you won't be disappointed.