Dead Like Me Forums

Showtime (ended 2004)

DLM on Sci-Fi channel

lrigsby

[41]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 10

I'm so glas that DLM is being showed on SciFi Channel.  Maybe I can finally find someone who's seen it! 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dmarex

[42]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 103
    Of course you can find people who watched this. There are millions

lrigsby

[43]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 10
    Not among people I know.  Most of them don't watch Showtime and when they see that I have both season on DVD, ask me, "What is that?" and when I try to explain I get funny looks.  It's the same look I get when I try to explain to people what "Maximum Bob" is.

dmarex

[44]Aug 30, 2006
    lrigsby wrote:
    Not among people I know. Most of them don't watch Showtime and when they see that I have both season on DVD, ask me, "What is that?" and when I try to explain I get funny looks. It's the same look I get when I try to explain to people what "Maximum Bob" is.

LOL... Well, it's kinda truth. Most of the people don't know about the show because they don't have SHOWTIME, and the ones that do know about it they just dismiss it without even watching an episode, because they ain't interested in the premise. However, if they end up watching one episode, they become hooked on the show.

Witchaholic

[45]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 3
    Yeah, I got hooked on the show after watching the first epsiode. Sadly, I still haven't watched that last episode, because my seven year old sister comes in and the show without cursing still is too, well you know what I mean. Still, I am sooo mad that I can't watch the last episode.I hope someone puts it on youtube.

XStreme84

[46]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 2
    eds_poofed_hair wrote:
    Are you kidding? We'd get WAY more than a few posters. Look at the 4400 fanbase and check out how many were fans since the original release on the Sci-Fi channel. Same with John Doe. We might even get a spot on the front page!

I may of misread what you said but....The 4400 did not originally air on Sci-Fi, it aired on USA before that and Sci-Fi simply showed the reruns slightly later.

Deanna_T

[47]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 28
    hi everyone...I've been watching DLM on Sci-Fi and must say "BRILLIANT!" Just a random turn to Sci-Fi on that fateful day only to catch 2nd episode already airing with Mason and George sitting in the bank waiting for someone to die. Instant hook. Dident watch it the 1st time since I don't have Showtime, and Sci-Fi plays two hours of it which is good since the show has already earned a speical place in my heart. To bad ECW is on such an awesome day like Tuesday...Two good hours of DLM and newbie Eureka...seems like wrestling is a waste for a such good day.

Ghost_loy

[48]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 6
    i never even heard of this till sci fi had it will there ever be a season three????

dmarex

[49]Sep 20, 2006
    Ghost_loy wrote:
    i never even heard of this till sci fi had it will there ever be a season three????

No, SHOWTIME cancelled the show. We are all still VEEEEERY angry at SHOWTIME for making this decision, but there is nothing else we can do about it now.

ricler

[50]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 1
    Someone else here said that they thought DLM was a new show on SciFi, the same happened to me. What a dissappointment to find out that there will only be six more episodes before It's over for us new viewers. DLM is wayyy too good to have been limited to Showtime.  I Wonder if there is any chance at all of Sci Fi seeing some good viewing numbers from this, and deciding to take on a revival of DLM themselves. Come on SciFi, Do It.

munkypoo

[51]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 7
    It's a pretty exciting prospect that DLM will reach more fans, it really is such a great show, I watch it on the dvd's sometimes and it just baffles me why it wasn't carried on.

I'm deffo getting my film studies class to all watch it on Sci-Fi. Anyway Sci-Fi UK seems to be advertising it really well, so I can hope that interested may be reignited before its gone forever.

alibeth25

[52]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 26
    The first time I saw it was on the reruns on Sci-Fi. I really like this show.

roadrunner1218

[53]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 8

My first post ... I don't know how "they" count the fan base, but they can add 1 more for me! I missed the original airing, but caught some of last year's re-airing and instantly became enthralled. I thought they'd cycle thru the episodes a few times, but by the time I decided to start keeping them they were gone. My Tivo informs me (and I think I'm the 1st to post) that SCI-FI is airing them once again back-to-back starting 8am July 5th (thru 1am the 6th) and finishing up same timeframe on July 10th ... Happy viewing!!

TJ191

[54]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 8
    16 year old male viewer, who loves nothing more then finding great tv...and Dead Like Me wasdefinitely a welcome surprise. I'm currently watching the 2nd episode on scifi, and this show is amazing! Unfortunately I can't watch the rest of the marathon, but I willdefinitely buy the DVD's.

Degrass87

[55]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 5
    Hey! Another new viewer- I had heard of this show when it was airing on Showtime, but since I didn't have Showtime, it didn't catch my attention. Now that they have been showing the reruns on SciFi, I'm officially hooked! I wish I could've watched it while it was airing; it sucks that it was cancelled! I went out and bought both seasons on DVD, just to show my support.

MydeanURdean

[56]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 19
    I'm a new viewer as well. I had never seen DLM until about a few weeks ago. and I was flipping throught the channels and the show caught my eye. Then when I finally found the dvds I bought them.

BlackEcho721

[57]Oct 19, 2008
    I, too was a strong fan of DLM. It was such a great show, and I was extremely sad that they had to cancel it, But, I was glad that it made it past its first season, unlike some shows I know..

Anyways, I'm glad they brought it to the Sci-fi channel. I can now rewatch the whole show again!

TesserT

[58]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 74
    SciFi Channel is running a DLM marathon for Presidents Day (Feb 16, 2009) starting at 8am ET/9am CT.

cheezewhiz

[59]Feb 17, 2009
    Is SciFi also playing the Dead Like Me movie??? I need some confirmation on this or have been hearing lies...

XMannequinX

[60]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    cheezewhiz wrote:
    Is SciFi also playing the Dead Like Me movie??? I need some confirmation on this or have been hearing lies...
    ahhh ... you missed the marathon! it was yesterday.. they played all the episodes the day before the DVD movie was released (Today) .. http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?date=16-FEB-2009&feed_req= sorry! im sure you can get the DVD box set or something now. But I already got the DVD .. im gonna watch it later today! lemme know if and when you watch it