Dead Like Me Forums

Showtime (ended 2004)

Just finished the movie

muggle421

[1]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 13

and I'm so confused. It has been a while sense I've watched the show so there's a chance that i missed some important details from the end of the second season. What happened to rube? and what was the point of the addition of Cameron? and why did they replace Daisey? and sense they did they could have gotten a better actress.

Can anyone help me?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SVU_Obsessed

[2]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 22
    It's been awhile since I've seen the movie itself, but I believe it was Rube's time to....uh...pass on? It's a good thing that happens to all reapers eventually. I think he mentioned in one of the seasons that every reaper has a quota (regarding how many souls they take) and once they have filled that quota, they move on.

As for Daisy, I think the actress who originally played her was doing another project and fit Dead Like Me: Life After Death into her schedule. I think Cameron was added to sort of be the antagonist of the movie. Every movie needs a bad guy, right?

I personally didn't like the movie as much as I thought I would because of the lack of Rube, the replacement of Daisy, and how different Happy Time looked. Everything just seemed off. But that's just me.

muggle421

[3]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 13
    SVU_Obsessed wrote:
    It's been awhile since I've seen the movie itself, but I believe it was Rube's time to....uh...pass on? It's a good thing that happens to all reapers eventually. I think he mentioned in one of the seasons that every reaper has a quota (regarding how many souls they take) and once they have filled that quota, they move on.

As for Daisy, I think the actress who originally played her was doing another project and fit Dead Like Me: Life After Death into her schedule. I think Cameron was added to sort of be the antagonist of the movie. Every movie needs a bad guy, right?

I personally didn't like the movie as much as I thought I would because of the lack of Rube, the replacement of Daisy, and how different Happy Time looked. Everything just seemed off. But that's just me.

It definitely felt different. They should have added a scene where it shows him moving on.

SVU_Obsessed

[4]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 22
    muggle421 wrote:

It definitely felt different. They should have added a scene where it shows him moving on.

I agree. It would have provided closure. It seemed he was just swept under the rug in less than 30 seconds.

dmarex

[5]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 103
    It wasn't the writers fault. Mandy Patinkin (Rube) wasn't available, and neither was the original Daisy.

laikamq

[6]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 1

I have a feeling that they added Cameron and replaced Rube because thats where the show would have headed had it lasted on TV. It showed how without Rube and his rules, the whole crew was lost. In my mind, that probably would have been the beginning of season 5 or 4, and then they would bring Rube back Even with the movie the whole show still feels quite unfinished. I really hated the Daisy they had in the movie. If they were going to replace Daisy with another actress, they could have at least kept the character. Daisy on the tv show was a lot more complex on the tv show. In fact if the show had continued, we would have learned to love her or seen her change or found out what her past was that affected her. But in the movie, Daisy was just a brat, no layers to peel back. That was a really stupid mistake. Either they should have picked a better actress who could still have provided the same complexity to the character, or they should have just cut her out completely some how. It was very stupid. I did enjoy the movie because of the whole George-Reggie part, had I not known and loved the show, I probably would have enjoyed it more. It tied up loose ends with George's family, but didn't really tie any of the rest. I guess we'll never know...