Dead Like Me Forums

Showtime (ended 2004)

"Life After Death" Official Discussion

belial_77

[41]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 17

I expect it to be different... but i hope the writing will still be top notch... especially with the re-cast... with a good writer and actress, it could actually be pulled off nicely (then again, I've been a Dr Who fan since i was 3, so i used to recasting *L*)...

Before Serenity, I would have never believed rumors like this... or think they could bring back a dead show... but it saved the Firefly franchise from obscurity... and the whole Jericho uncancelling thing has also set a new precedent.... so maybe the suits are starting to actually listen to us as much as advertisers...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[42]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 1

Ok- i accidentally deleted what i was going to say which was quite long, so you guys are going to have to get the shortened version and hopefully still get my excitement.

I remember back when DLm first cam on Sci-Fi and i tried watching it and found it too confusing so i stopped- BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But now i got with the program and started watching DLM last Sunday with Sci-Fi's DLM Marathon- and that got me started watching them online. I just finished the second season and this show is so awesome it's pulled me away from the new Medal of Honor game for a week (haven't touched it at all- every moment of my free time more than 40minutes long i was watching DLM online with no commercials).

I absolutly love this show andhow is can be developed in so many ways- George reconnecting with her family- and eventually if the show seems like it has had a good run- probably one of the best and most solid ending any series on TV could have- George filling her quota and moving on.

When i first found out a movie was going to be coming out- i thought great- they can end it in a nice solid way- and not leave anyone wanting. But then i read that if the DVD movie was popular enough- it might be brought back to TV and that just made my day. Who else has felt so happy they know DLM is coming back. And this is coming from me- just finished watching the last episode in season two about an hour ago. The only thing good about me missing the show when it was on Showtime was now i dont have to wait as long for the movie to come out. And if it does come back on TV- it better not be on Showtime b/c i dont have it- besides, i'd like to kill *sarcastic* those showtime guys for taking this show off the air.

Aside from that- i just have to mention the possibility- who here thinks it likely- that George or someone in the "Der Waffle House" gang will get a post-it for one of George's parents? it would be sad but i think it might happen- or not- whatever.

I have to say this is the best series i've ever seen in my life. It's better than House, Psych, Monk, Family Guy, and Futurama put together- and any one of those shows is hard to beat (except maybe monk). And this isn't just b/c Ellen Muth is pretty/beautiful- which she is- i'd like this show whether or not she was in it. However, she is what really makes this show. I love her acting. I wonder if she looks much different now.

I can't wait for the movie to come out and if it doesn't make it back to TV or if it doesn't get to be a series of movies- i'll be mad as hell. Now i know what you guys had to go through for 3 years after it got cancelled. I feel sorry for you.

Well, it was nice introducing myself here, even though i didn't really follow what the thread asked. I just had to let DLM people know i'm here.

[43]Sep 9, 2007
    srry for the double post, but does anyone know how i can change my name from 19803- i got this problem on Gamespot too and i dont know how to change my name.

Bren_thy_God

[44]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 14
    So excited! Through the roof excited. i've been waiting for this since 04 man. Now I would expect some change it's been three years and everyone changes within three years. I'm really sad Rube won't be back but I never actually expected him to be back had the show come back in any form. I just took a look at the main cast pages and I was uber sacred all I knew that a movie was being made not already completed and not out yet, all the actors with the exception of Ellen and Jasmine had new shows but now I'm very pleased that the majority has come back. A recast of Daisy? Not into that whatsoever I would have rather Betty come back like someone else said. I loved Betty!

Bren_thy_God

[45]Oct 4, 2007
    So I have to admit that I'm pretty shamed... Dead Like Me is one of my favorite shows and I didn't know it was coming back till last night. ANYWAYS I've been head-on trying to find everything about since .

Ellen posted a bunch of pics from the set of the movie so heres some:

Bren_thy_God

[46]Oct 4, 2007
    Sorry for so many posts people

But for all the happy time fans looks like Delores and Murry made it back.

The new Daisy...

New head reaper...

OddSparkles

[47]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 11
    Thanks for posting the pics, makes me want to go back and re-watch (yet again) the serie!!

--RPozo--

[48]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 23
    Thanks for the pics! Can't wait for the movie!!
    Edited on 10/04/2007 9:26pm

TreeHill_89

[49]Oct 9, 2007
    • level: 32
    --RPozo-- wrote:
    Thanks for the pics! Can't wait for the movie!!

Me neither!

TreeHill_89

[50]Oct 9, 2007
    • level: 32
    I wonder why they replaced Rube? is Mandy doing another show?

kenzi4455

[51]Oct 10, 2007

Thanks for posting the pics. The new Daisy looks weird. Then again, I guess I'm just so used to it being Laura. I hope the two new peeps (new Daisy and New Head Reaper) are good.

kingerique

[52]Oct 12, 2007
    • level: 5

Wow -did not know until reading this thread tonight that they had made a film. That isfantastic -please let it be good.

If it is a straight to dvd film, does that mean it will not get shown on tv for a while after being released? Or just that it wont be shown at the cinema?

dmarex

[53]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 103
    Mandy was at Criminal Minds when the plans for the movie started. Since that, Mandy left the show, but nothing happend. Sad thing. The good thing about it is that there's a chance the movie could revive the series, if it's a hit. But I just have that feeling that it won't help much because I'm still remembering the way it was canceled. On the other hand, I never thought there'd be a movie so... everything's possible.

spuck_

[54]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    Really excited about the movie but can't believe they're replacing Laura Harris with that crappy actor.
    She isn't pretty either..

alp1981

[55]Oct 29, 2007
    • level: 18
    spuck_ wrote:
    Really excited about the movie but can't believe they're replacing Laura Harris with that crappy actor.
    She isn't pretty either..

I'll miss Laura Harris too, but I don't know, the new girl looks Daisy-esque and might work. Try to have an open mind.

tylersmom65

[56]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 9
    Wow - I don't even know how I first heard about this. I just CAN'T believe it! And thanks you guys for posting the pictures, or I might think I was dreaming.

Yay for dead like me!

[57]Nov 12, 2007
    i can't wait at all, but i've resisted the urge to watch the series all over again- i don't have time with school and if i started i wouldn't be able to stop. The good thing is Ellen Muth is a myspace friend of my- though that doesn't mean much- so i get all the info, well i guess you don't have to be her "friend" to read all the stuff on her profile but it's still cool. I wish the show was more popular, i mean i know a lot of people like it, but it never seems like it because of how few stuff i see of it online, but oh well, i don't care now that they're making a movie.

WillSDCA

[58]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 6
    I honestly am more excited about this movie than I have been about any show in years. I LOVED DLM with a passion. I'm very hard to get laughing, and this show had me laughing till I cried from episode 1. The chemistry between the actors and the phenomenal scripts were just mindblowing. It will be so nice to see this come together again. If they make another series I will be in heaven!

bonjovichick

[59]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 16
    Honestly people... Think of it this way... isn't it better to have whatever they are giving us instead of nothing? So a new Daisy and no Rube... well if my other alernative is nothing I will take it. It has been two years so you had to assume that they couldn't get them all back. Daisy is busy on Women's Murder Club and while I don't like her charachter it is a steady gig and who can blame her. I think getting George, Reggie, MASON, Roxie, Delores and those people back is better than I could of ever hped for.

bonjovichick

[60]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 16
    Honestly people... Think of it this way... isn't it better to have whatever they are giving us instead of nothing? So a new Daisy and no Rube... well if my other alernative is nothing I will take it. It has been two years so you had to assume that they couldn't get them all back. Daisy is busy on Women's Murder Club and while I don't like her charachter it is a steady gig and who can blame her. I think getting George, Reggie, MASON, Roxie, Delores and those people back is better than I could of ever hped for.