Dead Like Me Forums

Showtime (ended 2004)

"Life After Death" Official Discussion

IcyDelight

[81]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 5
    Nikkles wrote:
    So is the movie ever going to come out?
    The movie is slated for release on February 17, 2009 and will be titled, Dead Like Me - Life After Death. See the article at http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dead-Like-Life-After-Death/10792
    Edited on 11/03/2008 10:55am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nikkles

[82]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 12
    thanks

michael_LB92

[83]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 24
    IcyDelight wrote:
    Nikkles wrote:
    So is the movie ever going to come out?
    The movie is slated for release on February 17, 2009 and will be titled, Dead Like Me - Life After Death. See the article at http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dead-Like-Life-After-Death/10792

Finally! A date
    Thanks

Teh_Fonz

[84]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 10
    I am starting to really get excited about this. I really wish I had time to watch the TV show before the movie came out, but I will not have time!

soalcanta

[85]Jan 1, 2009
    I just noticed Superchannel in Canada is playing Dead Like Me: Life after Death multiple times today! A nice little New Years gift to those with superchannel!

IcyDelight

[86]Jan 2, 2009
    soalcanta, that's a nice New Year's present for Canadian fans. No sign of any sneak previews in the States yet, so we may have to wait until the DVD release. Without giving any plot details away, what were your impressions of the movie? Was it up to your expectations?

soalcanta

[87]Jan 2, 2009
    That's the funny part, I cancelled both superchannel and movie central 6 months ago so I didn't get the pleasure. But yes from what I can tell it's just a canadian deal. Looks like you'll still have to wait till Feb 17th.

IcyDelight

[88]Jan 2, 2009
    Sorry to hear you missed it by that close. Well its only about a month-and-a-half before the CD comes out--that isn't so long after waiting over 4 years since the series ended to see our reapers once again.

Idbeolderifiwas

[89]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 20
    I did happen to catch it and it's pretty good. It's basically like a long episode with a few twists. The only thing I didn't like was that the actress who originally played Daisy wasn't available so Daisy is played by someone else.

charblasaur

[90]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 13

This is so freaking perfect. I just saw that there was a movie made. Oh thank you Mr Grim Reaper boss for getting smart. I read somewhere that depending on how the movie was recieved they might just maybe think about maybe renewing the show. Maybe. But im not totally sure where i read that so that may very well be bulltird. So every fan should force every person they know, friend or foe, to get it when it comes out and you should also sign the Pick-up petition. Long live the living dead.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. So there.

sean2evo

[91]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 8
    Movie was great, just because it was DLM. Although the new Daisy was horrible and I missed Rube & Der Waffle House. It was a bit brighter and happier then usual but still good. Also, not used to hearing Desmond from Lost talking without a Scottish accent. that was disconcerting.

crashingdoors

[92]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 13
    Yeah, why cover up his accent? Ugh. I like Sarah Wynter, so I wasn't bothered by her. I mean, I'm a little bothered that Laura Harris wasn't there, but Wynter was good. Hopefully if they do another one we'll get some Der Waffle House.

--RPozo--

[93]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 23
    I loved the movie, goshh, I've missed this characters so much!!
    It was great to hear "Boom Boom Ba" again!!! Yes, I missed the old Daisy, but the new one is OK.

IcyDelight

[94]Feb 4, 2009
    After a 5-year hiatus, it was great to see our favorite reapers (mostly) back together again. I was a little put off as to how far the turned to the dark side at the end of the movie, but thought the George / Reggie story arc was terrific. And though I would have preferred to have seen Laura Harris as Daisy, I too thought Sarah Wynter's performance was good. The Daisy she played wasn't as self-assured as Laura's and appeared a bit of a bimbo in a couple of scenes, but was that her doing, or the writers?

slanche2

[95]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 4

Well, I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.

I always hate it when a character is played by a new actor, always freaks me out. They should've left her out if there was no Laura Harris available.

Furthermore, they used too many lines from the original series, it felt more like a highlight episode than an actual new movie. I missed the original sets, especially Der Waffelhaus should've been in there.

Nevertheless, there were good parts. The performance of Reggie's actress was excellent and I liked the parts where Reggie and George interact with each other. The Deathscenes were a little off, there were way better back in the series.

Another problem I had with the movie was the fact that they tried to include too many story arcs so that the movie felt a bit short to really get into all of them.

They should've done more voice overs from George or at least not using lines from the series for them. Especially the "Mason, Mason, Mason" line didn't feel right there.

The new reaper boss did a good performance, I think, and I also missed his Scottish accent.

Overall it was decent but not as great as it could've been.

cheezewhiz

[96]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 2
    i'm surprised how long people have been talking about the movie. i just found out about it coming out today. I guess its coming out in a week, feb 17th? I'm pretty excited. I used to watch the show a while ago and didnt think there would be any more of it once it was canceled. I just saw the trailer at deadlikemedvd.com and i'm sold. i'm def getting the dvd when it comes out. i hear its gonna be out in a box set with the first two season, which would be awesome cause i'd love to rewatch the series.

i just started a thread earlier thinking no one else was talking 'bout the show, and then i found this thread. I guess its DLM now. cool cool.

and did i see that Callum Blue is being replaced by Desmond from Lost???????

HailHenrik

[97]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 16

Spoilers below for anyone not seeing it yet...

***SPOILER***

cheezewhiz

[98]Feb 11, 2009
    HailHenrik wrote:

thats kind of a bummer. i'm still interested in checking out the movie. but i agree it would have been nice for the show to continue another 5 seasons... If you were to watch the movie without previously watching the show... how would you rate it then

HailHenrik

[99]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 16
    cheezewhiz wrote:
    HailHenrik wrote:

thats kind of a bummer. i'm still interested in checking out the movie. but i agree it would have been nice for the show to continue another 5 seasons... If you were to watch the movie without previously watching the show... how would you rate it then

Probably pretty well actually. I just couldn't adjust to the changes and longed for things to be the same so that's probably a problem on my part rather than the film.

Not to mention people watching it as a one-off won't have 5 years of expecatitions and hopes going into it. I suppose for fans of the show we were never really going to be satisfied..

Edited on 02/11/2009 5:15pm

cheezewhiz

[100]Feb 12, 2009
    HailHenrik wrote:
    cheezewhiz wrote:
    HailHenrik wrote:

Probably pretty well actually. I just couldn't adjust to the changes and longed for things to be the same so that's probably a problem on my part rather than the film.

Not to mention people watching it as a one-off won't have 5 years of expecatitions and hopes going into it. I suppose for fans of the show we were never really going to be satisfied..

yeah i could see that. it kind of blows it has some different cast, but at the same time i'm looking forward to see if they could take this new cast into a series post the movie... it seems like most people disagree with the new talent, but besides that the movie is actually pretty good with a wild cliffhanger that sets up possibility for a great series