Dead Like Me Forums

Showtime (ended 2004)

What are YOUR unanswered questions in DLM?

Loves_Bitch

[1]Jun 25, 2005
    • level: 2
    So many things left to the unknown... Like, what happens if the wrong person gets reeped?

List em...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Silentiumus

[2]Jun 25, 2005
    • level: 1
    What is Rube's background story? /They left that one totally open)

What will happen now when Reggie saw George?

What's up with Crystal?

What's up with the Gravelings?

IcyDelight

[3]Jun 25, 2005
    • level: 5
    How did Daisy die? (OK, she claims to have died in a fire on the Gone With the Wind set, but that set was in California and she died in Marietta, GA.)

Did Daisy have a sister who was murdered by her lover, or was that a metaphor for what may have happened to Daisy?

How did Rube die? (A bank robbery was hinted at, but....)

Who delivers the "list?"

Did Reggie actually see George as George, or see Millie and guess that she was George?

How do reapers carry on a conversation with the souls without anyone taking notice?

How many gravelings does it take to change a light bulb?

CrazyLizzy

[4]Jun 26, 2005
    • level: 17
    Silentiumus wrote:
    What's up with the Gravelings?

I have ALWAYS wondered that...

talia195

[5]Jun 26, 2005
    The big ones that I have are:

1. What happened to Betty when she followed that soul that she had just reaped?

2. Who is it that delivers the list to Rube? In one of the season one episodes, Rube chases after whoever delivers the list obviously agitated about something he had just recieved? What was Rube upset about? Wat it about Betty?

3. In the last episode, Crystal types "Georgia Lass" into the computer at Happy Time. Clearly she had heard Mason refer to Millie as Geroge, but what else did Crystal Know? What would the reapers have to do if Crystal found out Millies real identity?

Loves_Bitch

[6]Jun 26, 2005
    What about when Millie was a kid in the swimming pool and she saw the gravelings? Why did they almost take her and then swim off?

Why did daisy get transferred to a new location? What did she do?

What happends to the living person if they find out someone is a reaper? like Georges sister?

Does Tiffany at the diner know who they are?

It seems like there are different categories for reepers, animals, violent deaths, hospitals... are reepers only able to reep those in their designated cateory?

When Daisy killed that guy, he turned into a graveling... are gravelings evil people?

Reepers look different to the living.. to protect their identity, do they get new "faces" as time goes on?

IcyDelight

[7]Jun 26, 2005
    talia195 wrote:
    The big ones that I have are:

2. Who is it that delivers the list to Rube? In one of the season one episodes, Rube chases after whoever delivers the list obviously agitated about something he had just received? What was Rube upset about? Wat it about Betty?

That was when Rube got Angus Cook as his assigned reap just just when he was developing a rapport with him.

IcyDelight

[8]Jun 26, 2005
    Loves_***** wrote:
    It seems like there are different categories for reepers, animals, violent deaths, hospitals... are reepers only able to reep those in their designated cateory?

They do have divisions as explained it the pilot. George belongs to the "External Influence" division which handles Murders, Suicides, Accidents, etc.

Charlie, the pet reaper, opened a can of worms (literally) about animals having souls. In an early episode George asks Betty about animals and from her answer it didn't sound like anyone reaped them. But apparently pets get special treatment.

[LB, I had to change your name in the quote 'cause I got a warning that my message would be censored.)

Vedran_Kurama

[9]Jun 26, 2005
    • level: 16
    (some of these were probalby already used)

1. What happened to Betty?

2. What is the promotion after you are finished as a Grim Reaper?

3. Who gives Rube the list of deaths?

4. Why Delorise so annoying?

5. Did Geroge ever return the TV from her first apartment to the parent's of the dead boy?

6. Why are all the accidental deaths very brutal and gory?

7. What happeneds afer you die?

Vedran_Kurama

[10]Jun 26, 2005
    Oh and When Rube put a posted note on his door "Wha Happened To Her?" refering to Betty, did the man with the list of death ever respond?

IcyDelight

[11]Jun 26, 2005
    Vedran_Kurama wrote:
    Oh and When Rube put a posted note on his door "Wha Happened To Her?" refering to Betty, did the man with the list of death ever respond?

Not that we ever saw. It Rube got an answer, he didn't share it. (That's Rube for you.)

Here are some more:

1. When George died, her spirit was wearing the clothes she died in. Once she became undead she still had those clothes. Did the ghost clothes become real?

2. When she was introduced to Mason she had been dead more than a week and didn't have a home yet. Where did she spend her time when she wasn't with Rube?

3. If someone has a physical handicap and becomes a reaper, do they still have that handicap? That is, if they were blind, do they remain blind or can they see. If in a wheel chair do they remain so or can they walk? If they work glasses before do they still need them?

4. When a reaper gets promoted, do they go to their final destination, or just on to some middle-management job?

Vedran_Kurama

[12]Jun 26, 2005
    /

Vedran_Kurama

[13]Jun 26, 2005
    [QUOTE="IcyDelight"]
    Vedran_Kurama wrote:

2. When she was introduced to Mason she had been dead more than a week and didn't have a home yet. Where did she spend her time when she wasn't with Rube?

I think she was ivisible for 3 days, maybe more...so then she could have just stayed at home and haunted the place. And she turned "undead" the night before when she was with Rube and Betty and the diner.

IcyDelight

[14]Jun 26, 2005
    Vedran_Kurama wrote:

I think she was ivisible for 3 days, maybe more...so then she could have just stayed at home and haunted the place. And she turned "undead" the night before when she was with Rube and Betty and the diner.

Yeah, we don't actually know when she became undead, but it could have been when Rube told her she was to become a Grim Reaper. Odd that she had no awareness of the transition as you would think she would notice she couldn't pass through walls, could pick objects up, etc.

I think the diner scene was the next morning, as Betty had to leave for a morning appointment downtown. The next time we saw George she had a new change of clothes (sweat suit)--that was when she witnessed Roxie's reap and later met Mason. Hard to know how much time elapsed there, though. There was a deleted scene where Rube took her to the DMV to get her new id as Mildred Haugen.

Vedran_Kurama

[15]Jun 27, 2005
    How do they deal with "Social Security #" I mean to get a job you need it, to get a drivers lisence you need it. Do the reapers get new Social Securty # if they don't they can't use their old ones because it will say they are dead...or in Rube's case about 100 + years old.

IcyDelight

[16]Jun 27, 2005
    Vedran_Kurama wrote:
    How do they deal with "Social Security #" I mean to get a job you need it, to get a drivers lisence you need it. Do the reapers get new Social Securty # if they don't they can't use their old ones because it will say they are dead...or in Rube's case about 100 + years old.

That's a good question, but in the deleted scene I mentioned above Rube went to another reaper who was working at the DMV and he arranged the phony id for George. He gave her a choice of three names so I would guess he had those available for use or reuse.

Years ago people evading the law would go to cemeteries and look for someone who was born around the same time as they were. They would then get that person's SS# and birth certificate and presto, they had a new id. This worked then because no-one reconciled death certificates against these other records. Hopefully that has changed.

As you said, we don't know how the reapers get away it today.

CrazyLizzy

[17]Jun 27, 2005
    IcyDelight wrote:
    Vedran_Kurama wrote:

That's a good question, but in the deleted scene I mentioned above Rube went to another reaper who was working at the DMV and he arranged the phony id for George. He gave her a choice of three names so I would guess he had those available for use or reuse.

Years ago people evading the law would go to cemeteries and look for someone who was born around the same time as they were. They would then get that person's SS# and birth certificate and presto, they had a new id. This worked then because no-one reconciled death certificates against these other records. Hopefully that has changed.

As you said, we don't know how the reapers get away it today.

I guess there is only really so much time on screen so they have to pick and choose what they can explain within episodes and what they have to leave out.

IcyDelight

[18]Jun 30, 2005
    Another question I have is why is it that only George and Roxy have jobs? Did Rube strike it big enough in his bank robbery that he is set for life/un-life? Did Daisy become financially independent by swindling people with her seances? As for Mason, well know how he sort of gets by.

I have no idea what Betty did to sustain herself.

CrazyLizzy

[19]Jun 30, 2005
    IcyDelight wrote:
    Another question I have is why is it that only George and Roxy have jobs? Did Rube strike it big enough in his bank robbery that he is set for life/un-life? Did Daisy become financially independent by swindling people with her seances? As for Mason, well know how he sort of gets by.

I have no idea what Betty did to sustain herself.

I guess you'll just have to go with those theories I guess...

blackeyedgurl

[20]Jun 30, 2005
    • level: 7
    I really want to know if Reggie actually SAW George. On the day of the dead though they kept saying that people saw who you were, and it seems like Daisy got recognized by an old dude so maybe Reggie did see her.

What happened to Betty?? I have to know. Also what happened to Betty's bags of photos? Did George take them to the new house?

I love the gravelings, but I wonder are they responsible for all accidental deaths or are some people stupid enough that the gravelings don't need to help?

I also desperately wanted an episode where they got sent to some other place for a mass disaster. I know that sounds sick but I thought it would be hilarious and could have totally been called Death Takes a Holiday.

I also wanted a Reaper Convention episode cos I thought that would be hilarious, all these Reapers gathered in one place to talk business. Too much hilarity could ensue from that.

I also kind of wanted to know how one gets to be Rube? The guy that hands out the souls for the day, you know?

I am so upset this show is gone, it was so much fun and a morbid and creepifyin' way (sorry Joss had to steal the Firefly quote).