TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Dead Like Me Forums

Showtime (ended 2004)

What are YOUR unanswered questions in DLM?

Zaphodette

[101]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 2

My unanswered questions are...

Are all gravelings created in the same manner as Ray? That is people who are killed before their time (without a post-it)

Do gravelings also have a list of people who are set to expire? Did a "head" graveling and Rube both get the lists of the same people or was Rube's list a direct response/anticipation of who the gravelings had selected to target...

Was Reggie on her way to becoming a reaper one day? Has Reggie seen gravelings (as George did before she died)?

Do all reapers have the same set number of souls to claim before they move on?

Exactly what was up with Kiffany and Crystal?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IcyDelight

[102]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 5
    All these qusetions show just how complex of a show DLM was.  Had it continued, the writers wouldn't have had to worry about running out of interesting topics to explore.  Sadly, they will never get the chance to pursue that.

hinkymort

[103]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    my question is... how did the reapers reap roxy and mason...you become a reaper when the reaper who takes your soul has had their last reap and poof you take their place...roxy was shown in her apt. asleep when her roommate comes in and strangles her..does that mean some strange person walked into the apt and took her soul without her or her roommate notice....mason drills a hole in his head to get a better high alone in his bathroom....an answer to kiffany..she is alive..in the epsiode where mason gets thrown out of the waffle house roxy tells him that you just disrespected the one livng person that gave a ****... for krystal i am under the impression she is THE reaper ..clues are post-it stealing(haha),reaper costume,computer screen showing skull and cross bones(potentailly where the sertial killer is killing the victims)computer screen showing pumpkins(possibly she is watching george while she and mason are getting candy),when she types in georges name and comes up not found(also possibly meaning she is watching george)..the not found could mean george has filled her quota and will move on with her next reap...also think reggie saw george as geroge because it was the DAY of  the dead....still wish that it didnt go off air tho awesome show

LilyStRegis76

[104]Jan 12, 2007
    do the dead become reapers simply because it is their reapers last reap- or do they need to make amends for their ill-lead life? must they correct or make amends for something they did during the time they lived?

along with all the previous questions asked...

hmmmcurious

[105]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    Maybe this was answered in the show, but in that one episode, it seemed that George and Charlotte were best friends, but then we never see her again, we just know she's having an affair with george's dad. whats up with that?

IcyDelight

[106]Apr 6, 2007
    hmmmcurious wrote:
    Maybe this was answered in the show, but in that one episode, it seemed that George and Charlotte were best friends, but then we never see her again, we just know she's having an affair with george's dad. whats up with that?

I suspect they didn't have it in their budget to bring A. J. Cook back to continue the role.

playwriter

[107]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 10
    t happened to the cute blonde?wh

IcyDelight

[108]May 22, 2007

Which blone is that? 

thejoe8pizza

[109]May 26, 2007
    • level: 9
    I have one why was it canncel!!!!!

Pepperpop10

[110]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 4
    It's not really unanswered, but I don't get why Reggie has toilet seats and the dead bird and stuff.

BlooLagoo

[111]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 7
    Pepperpop10 wrote:
    It's not really unanswered, but I don't get why Reggie has toilet seats and the dead bird and stuff.

I think that is part of her grieving.

Her sister was killed by a toilet seat, hence the fasination with them. She was grieving in a different way than crying.

The dead bird would have been for a similar reason. Her big sister had died, so she had a sort of morbid fascination with death.

She was creepy. Still is too.

Tonyams

[112]Oct 22, 2007
    Vedran_Kurama wrote:
    George: Who's Betty? Mason: That Old guys wife.
    So my theory on this one- The old guy (Theo) likes to jump off of stuff, right? He's pretty darn old, too. Could he be THAT Betty's fiance? The old man never actually says that Betty is his wife, after all. Major flaws with this theory: he wears a wedding ring. He has a son-in-law. His Betty only died 7 years ago. Just thought it would be poetic and circular- just like lots of other things in this wonderful show. BTW: probably my favorite reap comes from this episode- the transsexual "Stan: Why would God do this to me? Daisy: Have you die this way? Stan: Have me live this way"... "Daisy: Blessed art thou amongst women"

Tonyams

[113]Oct 22, 2007

Ok, so in addition to the big ones that ya'll brought up (what I came here for was the whole "why was Rube recognizable on that Wanted poster" thing and "why was everyone recognized on Halloween"), I have another question:

When women get married and change their last names, which name goes on the Post-It? How does the name get changed in the system? I got out of a parking ticket for this reason- could someone get out of death?

So something else just popped into my head. I suppose Rube could have died during the heist. So that would mean he got to keep the money he boosted, since he sent it when he was dead. How does that work? I guess you really can "take it with you" if you become a reaper.

//obligatory "did Reggie see her?" "when is the movie coming out?" "does Mason really love her/vice-versa" "Kiffany??" "Crystal??" etc.etc.

alp1981

[114]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 18
    I don't mean to be redundent, but my one unasnwered question about DLM is why the hell was it cancelled. It's more of a statement than a question.

harpier

[115]Nov 11, 2007

Yeah, about those gravelings. It seems like the writers changed their minds about George's connection to the gravelings half-way through the series. For the first third of Season 1, George alone (well, George and the tragically cute schizophrenic) could see the gravelings. On several occasions, including her trial reap with Mason (the banana peel), George predicted the manner of death because she could see the gravelings set up the accident. However, by the reapers' "day off" episode, in which the gravelings are having coffee and cigarettes at the waffle place, the reapers (including George) can see them only out of the corners of their eyes. It seems like the writers had been setting George up to be something special in the reaper echelons, but later changed their minds.

While some of the other cliffhangers--such as Rube's backstory--are intriguing and I would have loved for them to get a little more fleshed out, the inconsistency about the graveling thing is one I wanted somewhat more resolved. Ah well, take what you can I guess.

ISecretSpy

[116]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 14

It is my understanding creator Bryan Fuller left after the first season due to "creative differences". More than one plot line changed direction after that.

I do not recall where I read that information so it is entirely possible I am not 100% accurate.

Edited on 11/15/2007 11:52pm

tengen23

[117]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 6
    How come George just "disintegrated" Ray in the next-to-last episode "Always"?

My favorite theory about this: George was going to turn out to be the reaper who could put a stop to Death by killing off the gravelings. How cool would that twist have been? And of course Rube would have to talk her into not using that power because people need to die, it is all part of the natural process, etc. Anyone else have a theory about this?

TesserT

[118]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 79
    ISecretSpy wrote:

It is my understanding creator Bryan Fuller left after the first season due to "creative differences". More than one plot line changed direction after that.

I do not recall where I read that information so it is entirely possible I am not 100% accurate.

This comes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Like_Me I've read tons of his interviews but he's never said himself it was due to creative differences, just that he left to do Wonderfalls. But leaving DLM after just 5 eps would probably indicate some kind of creative differences.

IcyDelight

[119]Nov 4, 2008

tengen23 wrote:
    How come George just "disintegrated" Ray in the next-to-last episode "Always"? My favorite theory about this: George was going to turn out to be the reaper who could put a stop to Death by killing off the gravelings. How cool would that twist have been? And of course Rube would have to talk her into not using that power because people need to die, it is all part of the natural process, etc. Anyone else have a theory about this?

At the beginning of that episode George is handed a post-it but we never see her take a soul. Could her designated reap have been the Rayling? That may explain why she had the power to destroy him.

codename11

[120]Apr 17, 2009
    What happens when a reaper is put in Jail or detained somehow or other and can not do reaps? What happens to their reaps and are they broken out somehow?