Dead Like Me Forums

Showtime (ended 2004)

What are YOUR unanswered questions in DLM?

acmb

[121]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 12

-Does Crystal know that Millie is George in reality?

-Why when a reaper takes a soul and they talk to the dead boy or girl, nobody notice something strange is going on?

-Did Rube die in a bank robbery?

-What happener to the blonde waitress from Der Waffle House?

-In a deleted scene from season 2 Kiffany read George's hand, what did she see?

-Is Joy going to believe Reggie at last and admit that Reg had contact with George?

-In the movie... was Cameron something like the devil?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IcyDelight

[122]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 5

acmb, I too wondered whatever happened to Casey, the blonde waitress at Der Waffle Haus. She was only in a few episodes--just appeared then disappeared. Maybe Patricia Arquette (Kiffany) was not available at that time?

As for Rube, I think he did that bank robbery after his death. We know he sent the money to Rosie after he died, and that would account for the records clerk recognizing him in the wanted sketch.

Edited on 06/08/2009 8:28am

mcwilly104

[123]Jun 23, 2009
    What is this show?

Serious

[124]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 7
    Did Roxie's murderer ever get caught? When Roxie was made a cop I thought they might do a story on her finding another cop doing her Cold case. Wish they would bring this show back.

lare84

[125]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 38
    Bring the show back!

Kozmonster

[126]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 14
    What happened to Betty when she went into someone elses lights?

Igarka

[127]Jun 25, 2009
    Yup.

acmb

[128]Jun 25, 2009
    Lots of questions that's why the series should return. For example, Rub didn't work so how could he always have money to pay for all the things he ate at Der Waffle House?

KingofIPirates

[129]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 32
    Yes, how are Reapers chosen?

bboyblue32

[130]Jun 25, 2009
    Why did they come out with a movie they never released in the theatres?

kristie-rocks

[131]Jan 31, 2010
    • level: 1

I have a few hangups about this show.

1. Does Kiffany know they are reapers? She overhears their conversations all the time, and on the Day of the Dead, she saw them as their true identities but she didn't react to this at all. This is silly though, because if she did know they were reapers, then she would have to face consequences. The deal is, no one can know they are reapers, that's just how it is according to Rube. That's why Roxy had to convince that guy he was insane when she took his soul out of him... and it's also why George got in so much trouble for trying to tell her mum she was a reaper. What's so special about Kiffany?

2. What happens to Betty? I really liked her character... and they could have developed an interesting story on what happened to her... I'm very disapointed they never let us know what happened... it's almost like they just killed her off and replaced her with Daisy.

3. Does Reggie actually see George as herself in the final episode? Or does she see Millie and figure it's her? They said Reapers took on their real form on the day of the dead, but it was the morning after that she saw her in the Graveyard... yet it still seems like Reggie actually saw the real George.

4. I know George stopped talking to her collage friend after she realised she was the girl having an affair with her dad, but why didn't her friend wonder why she started ignoring her? In the previous episode, George gets offended by her and she ends up coming to the house appologising. I got the impression from that episode she was very pushy in a friendly way... so why did she just suddently accept George wanted nothing to do with her when nothing between her and George was sour? Doesn't make sense.

5. Does Crystal have some kind of sneaking suspicion that George is a Reaper? She seems like she knows what's going on...

IcyDelight

[132]Feb 15, 2010

Hey Kristie-rocks,

Those are all good questions and, sadly, we will probably never know the answer to them. I have a few comments:

1. Kiffany.

She does seem to be more aware of something going on with our reapers, but tries not to get too involved. I don't think the consequences Rube talked about apply to mortals figuring out that reapers exist. Rather they apply to to the reapers who try tor reveal themselves to the living.

2. Betty.

Rebecca Gayheart had been involved in an auto accident that resulted in a vwehicular manslaughter charge against here. They got rid of her for fear of bad publicity which seemed like a bad move to me. I would have liked to have learned much more about the mysterious Betty.

3. Reggie in the cemetery with the dead girl.

Fans seem to believe what they want to believe here. Since it was after Halloween, I think she saw Millie. The whole reaper legend of them appearing as themselves on Halloween never made much sense to me anyway.

4. Charlotte.

I took that scene in the restaurant to be the start of the Clancy-Charlotte relationship. He may have had an affair with a different student before that. That was the last we actually saw of Charlotte as I'm sure they didn't have the budget to bring A. J. Cook back for some follow up. Like so many tantalizing things introduced in various episodes, the George-Charlotte relationship was quietly dropped never to be heard fo again.

5. Crystal.

Another mystery left unanswered.

spoon527

[133]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 1
    i think they did take the TV because in ep3 season 1 Tittle:curious george joy talks to reggie about a missing TV in weight room and in further episodes in the same apartment there is a different TV in the room.

IcyDelight

[134]Feb 24, 2010
    spoon527 wrote:
    i think they did take the TV because in ep3 season 1 Tittle:curious george joy talks to reggie about a missing TV in weight room and in further episodes in the same apartment there is a different TV in the room.

Yes, in the version that ran on the SyFy (nee SciFi) channel we see George making off with the small TV. The large TV was taken by Brendon's parents when they showed up to collect his belongings.

Shikady

[135]May 29, 2010
    • level: 13
    I think both Crystal and Kiffany knew they were reapers. In fact I say that Crystal was Upper Managment. In the last episode when she dressed up as Death was just her sense of humor. And stealing all the post-it from Happy Time could mean that she was a Reaper a long time ago.

I don't know about she being upper managment but she did knew about George.

mcalboe

[136]May 24, 2012
    • level: 4

talia195 wrote:
    The big ones that I have are: 1. What happened to Betty when she followed that soul that she had just reaped? 2. Who is it that delivers the list to Rube? In one of the season one episodes, Rube chases after whoever delivers the list obviously agitated about something he had just recieved? What was Rube upset about? Wat it about Betty? 3. In the last episode, Crystal types "Georgia Lass" into the computer at Happy Time. Clearly she had heard Mason refer to Millie as Geroge, but what else did Crystal Know? What would the reapers have to do if Crystal found out Millies real identity?

Can't help with numbers 1 and 3 but as for question 2 that was the episode that rube connected with and Kind of befriended the cook at the waffle house the next day he gets the post its and his is for that same cook He was pissed and pretty sure it was no coincidence

mcalboe

[137]May 24, 2012
    • level: 4

KingofIPirates wrote:
    Yes, how are Reapers chosen?

The standard method is explained at episode 1 every reaper has a quota when that quota is filled they move on and their last "client" becomes their replacement. I must admit though as to being curious as to the methods of choosing the animal reapers like the boy who reaped J.D. the komodo dragon and that bunny rabbit as he was probably no the last one to be reaped by a previous animal reaper