Dead Like Me

Haunted

Aired Unknown Oct 31, 2004 on Showtime

• A terrific conclusion to a wonderful series.

I can't imagine a better series finale for this wonderful show. It seems fitting at the show concludes on Halloween. Though there are some unanswered questions that left the audience speculating (does Reggie see Georgia or Millie at the end? Are Crystal and Kiffany reapers or other supernatural beings?), the overall tone of the episode, for me, seemed to return to the more classic episodes of Season 1 and even early Season 2, when the focus was on the reapers and the family dynamic, and not so much the back-story and weird personal relationships/situations the reapers got into (i.e. Ray, Tripp, etc) that came in mid-late Season 2. I also really liked the serial killer storyline that brought together all the reapers for sort of one large reap. Personally, I like it when they are able to almost work together. Though, the way the serial killer went about his business was a little improbable (he literally walked into most of those houses, even the ones where people were suspicious of the reapers about two seconds beforehand), it worked well overall. It was also interesting that it tied back to an experience that George had as a child and that she was the one who reaped him in the end.

Overall, a terrific episode, reminiscent of earlier DLM episodes, and a good way to say goodbye to the characters I've grown to love over two seasons.