Dead Like Me

Vacation

Aired Unknown Sep 19, 2003 on Showtime

• Poor Reggie and Joy.

‘Vacation’ is a brilliant episode focusing on George’s old family who go on vacation and the gremlins taking a day off making the reapers file some paper works.

The paper work filing wasn’t entire interesting at first even though it managed to give us some humorous moments. I liked how Roxy stood up for once and made Rube and the rest go to Happy Time where Crystal was watching them,. She’s very creepy but hilarious. I love her stare and loved her scene with Roxy.

Meanwhile Daisy and Mason work together but Daisy tired of hearing herself talk about men and after reading a lot of ‘lasts words’ she decides to ask Mason out for a drink.

The main storyline was Joy, Clancy and Reggie going on vacation.
    I could hardly stand Clancy anymore, he’s such a bad husband and I hate how he threads Joy, he should just divorce her instead of making her miserable. He didn’t want to play some lousy monopoly and he kept having these calls of someone who only talked to him.

I have a lot of sympathy for Joy, she’s a good human that doesn’t deserve all of that. I loved how she tried and her last scene with Reggie talking about going to another place the next vacation.
    The difference was so big from the flashbacks where the family was very happy but that clearly changed.

At the end of it all, George has thoughts about her death being her birth and that life is actually vacation.
    Also we learn what Daisy’s last thoughts were ‘Why does no one love me’?