Dead Set Forums

E4 (ended 2008)

Episode 1 Reactions?

meadslee

[1]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 5

I was just wondering what other people think of the first episode!?

My personal thoughts are that it was well set up, and was pretty hectic, but......I've seen better so far from some dodgy Zombie B-movies.

There are 3 things that are killing it for me at the moment.

1. Dodgy actors. Patrick...erhhh, the housemates.....so over the top. The only two people who are really good at the moment is the woman with the scissors, and the lad housemate who first discovered that the camera's weren't moving.

2. Shaky cam when Zombies attack. Ok, it's already a few times, but everytime there is a zombie running, the camera shakes so much it's barely watchable. I want to see blood, the flesh wounds, the zombies biting into the victims. I'm not on about lots and lots of gore, but I want to see what's happening.

3. It's toooooo dark. I'm not on about the tone, I'm on about the lighting. The BB house looks like the house had it's lights switched off. No BB house would be THAT DULL. Turn some lights on. Let's see the crimson.

Other than that, it's pretty good. I will be watching the rest of the episodes, and I hope they get better. Definatly no Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Dance of the Dead, 28 Days/Week later, but definatly worth a watch.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gothina234

[2]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 7

Its alright but i found it a bit slow

VinLieger

[3]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    I though it was pretty good. Since it is a tv series it obviously cant move as fast as the zombie movies people are used to but i think so far it is working and ill deffinitly be watching the rest

Stikkio

[4]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 13
    I quite liked it - thought they hit the BB "housemates" tone quite right loved Grayson the one they call barbara i found it very dark and the fact it was dark and a little slow made it a little boring til the zombies hit

electricpeppers

[5]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 26
    I liked it. I wasn't expecting much so I enjoyed it.

36th_Phantom

[6]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 9
    I loved it, i love Brooker's take on Big Brother, and the mixing together of reality TV and horror genre is very well done. it was "dark" (not the lighting but the tone) and I loved it for that because it is different