Dead Set

E4 (ended 2008)

Dead Set Fan Reviews (9)

• Good horror

Dead set was a really good horror but some parts of it were really boring and the series was far to short. I also love the ending as it is a twist I think most people don't expect fom movies these days, because they always think that the main characters always prevail. It looks very real and is based around big brother with the actual presentor which makes it seem even more real. Overall it is a good horror and I would recommen you try it but some parts can be boring and it is to short...

• Intense!

The drama ups itself a notch with sleazy Patrick joining the big brother house with the others, immediately making himself "comfortable". The selfishness of his actions, such as blackmailing people to rescue him even if it meant risking their lives to do it, really makes the show more interesting. And his antics and bad mannerisms doesn't stop there; the way he mercilessly tears apart the dead bodies of the former Big Brother contestants was just absolutely gruesome. It's like he showed no compassion for the dead. A bit horrific. On the other side of the coin we have Riq and Alex making their way to the set, but Alex gets bitten. Here we see just another example of the reality that is the zombie apocalypse; people get bitten, just like that, and you have to kill them as Riq did. Damn great episode.
  • this show is awesome!! i was glued to my tv for the whole time for all the episodes so far

WOW WICKED !
    its been a while since a show actually got me to sit up straight on my couch!!
    its a grate idea and its acted really well so much better than many American shows out there well done UK its fast-paced, nerve-racking and thrilling

good combination, it does not feel like another boring zombie movie, maybe cos its not a movie but thumbs up from me !!!

i hope that this show is a start to many more recurring horror series as there are none yet, instead of making stuff like saw 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or friday the thirteen 456 etc etc, just make them a seasonal tv show!
  • Hell yeah, I'm excited...

This show is balls on the wall awesome. the things they get away with on television puts the US to shame. I felt that it had more kinship to the original "Dawn of the Dead" than anything else. Each episode is broken down into 5 10-minute parts. Channel 4 have done a great job making something original for a TV audience, i can honestly say i have not seen any original "horror" programming this good on TV before. Gory zombies on British telly! Charlie Brooker's genius mind! Reality TV contestants getting ripped to shreds! I eagerly anticpate this in the absence of any undead outbreak occuring on EastEnders.
  • pretty good

my teacher strongly warned me against this series...but i am so glad i didnt listen to him. it was gore galore and absolutely amazing. the make up and blood and guts was brilliant and very believable. i thought it was really sad when davina was bitten and also when the blonde lady - i forget her name - had to be killed with an axe because she was bitten trying to release the gate for the boat to go through for escape. i think that the age rate of 18 is stupidly over the top and it is amazing for anyone who loves blood and gore.
  • A zombie dystopia that bites with action, suspense and a whole lot of gore!

I thought that dead set has a new look at the world on how reality and a world of Tv can collide.
    I thought that the programme was a slight bit repetitive in some ways especially with the disillusioned cops gone crazy, thats been in everything. Although I give the highest honor to the special effects and graphics in the horror, I thought that the make-up was brilliant and the blood and gore at its highest mark. Brooker if you read this you have made a masterpiece, expected to be boring and unoriginal you showed that Davina can be one hell of a Zombie and that when the world is full of zombies there are no happy endings.
  • It's just such an excellent idea - Big Brother Reality Show meets Resident Evil Video Game and the fun begins.

If you're expecting a comedy show with belly laughs and canned laughter soundtrack then go elsewhere. The humour is dark and somewhat subtle. Although it's a spoof, it doesn't "slap you in the face" with it in the way Airplane! or Loaded Weapon does. I'm biased though. This suited me because I've utterly refused to watch any of the last 3 series of Big Brother. It has just seemed like more "Car Crash" TV to me and I'd got thoroughly fed up with it. When I thought it was a study in interaction and communication between a disparate group of people put into unusual circumstances I managed to get something out of it. Once it became a pathway for no-rated, no-talented nobodies to become rich celebrities I switched off. Dead Set, although scripted, takes the premis back to the beginning. We watch a group of people pushed together by one thing (the show) having to deal with something far larger (the ordeal).
    The Horror FX are excellent. Davina is really funny (because of the situation not because she's been scripted with funny lines). The camera work is great and at times it works just like Resident Evil (and its sequels) did. Namely, making the horror experience a good one. The introduction suggestion to watch it on widescreen with surround sound and in the dark is probably just right.
  • Been waiting for a show like this

I totally disagree with the first comment made, I think this show is brilliant. I am a massive zombie fan, and I love Jamie Winstone and Adam Deacon. To be honest there are a few minor characters that are a bit rubbish, (the ones getting stalked by Divina) but thats purely to add comedy. Jamie excells in this role, and I love the way you get left hanging at the end of every episode. Its great to see a british drama like this. I hope it comes out on dvd when its finished. Whoever thought up this show, well done!! Cos i'm loving it.
  • Great setup and storyline, poorly acted with a dull script.

Great Story line backed by the huge media hype to get half the nation on the edge of there seats. Unfortunatly for me the first sitting was let down by a poor cast and lack luster acting with a less than par script. Although this was generally improving throughout the show, I cant help thing that somethink went severely wrong when matching charcters to personnel. At least they succeeded in creating Big Brother contestants as annoying as the real show!! As a huge zombie buff, I hold hopes for the following episodes. All gripes a-side, a very inventive series that has been long awaited for on british TV.