Deadliest Catch Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelIn Season

Deadliest Catch Season 4 Episodes 1 + 2

Minarvia

[1]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 39

I can't wait for the new season to start and snice this is going to be a two hour permiere I decided that this thread is going to be about both episodes. I still think it is kind of werid that Discovery hasn't yet given these episodes titles.

Also, stay on topic and don't hijack this thread about things that I have done in other message boards.

(Edit)

I just found out the names are, "Get' Em Back Safe!" and "Striking Out"

Edited on 04/13/2008 12:15pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ThreeEdgedSword

[2]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    I can't wait to see the NW and the crew on season 4 . . . they are my favorite!!!!

starwolf99

[3]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 12
    The question is how much of the sneak previews will be from these two episodes. I look forward to finding out.

PIPHS

[4]Apr 15, 2008
    If they show everything that was in the sneak peeks tonight - it is going to be an intense couple of hours.

ThreeEdgedSword

[6]Apr 15, 2008

"other message boards"? I just want to see the NW!!!!!!

helenwait

[7]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 2
    ThreeEdgedSword wrote:

"other message boards"? I just want to see the NW!!!!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself

KaterinaNSK

[8]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    Bring on the NW! The Northwestern ROCKS!

starwolf99

[9]Apr 15, 2008

The episode was OK. It looked like there was a lot of foreshadowing and previews of things to come. We are already seeing bad omens and tension among boat crews. Looks like serious tension between Captain Phil and his son Josh. Greenhorn Jake from the Northwestern already looks like a zombie--and he only started his King Crab tour. He and Matt are scheduled to come to blows. I'm almost afraid to know what Monty will do to piss Captain Keith of the Wizard. It looks like it will be the hardest season for most, if not all, of the fishing boats.

This is the first time that I saw four Hillstrand brothers on the Time Bandit. They also showed Norman Hansen for the first time in a while. Normally, when the Hansen brothers of the Northwestern are shown, it's usually Sig and Edgar.

Minarvia

[10]Apr 15, 2008
    Yeah, that floored me when Norman spoke the film crew, plus he got a name credit, if anybody was playing a drinking game during this episode of Deadliest Catch, they would have druken that entire bottle. But, I should of expected him to do this, because in the first episode when they were hassing Jake, Norman had a smirk on his face while he was being flimed.

What about the Time Bandit crew, master prankers! Not only did they do the flour bomb last year that another crab boat, but they attached a full size truck to a buyos(sp?) to the poor Cornelia Marie. What got my attention was toward the end of the episode, it seem that the Wizard and the Northwestern are going to get into a little scrape between each other over their gear.

starwolf99

[11]Apr 16, 2008

Minarvia wrote:
    Yeah, that floored me when Norman spoke the film crew, plus he got a name credit, if anybody was playing a drinking game during this episode of Deadliest Catch, they would have druken that entire bottle. But, I should of expected him to do this, because in the first episode when they were hassing Jake, Norman had a smirk on his face while he was being flimed. What about the Time Bandit crew, master prankers! Not only did they do the flour bomb last year that another crab boat, but they attached a full size truck to a buyos(sp?) to the poor Cornelia Marie. What got my attention was toward the end of the episode, it seem that the Wizard and the Northwestern are going to get into a little scrape between each other over their gear.

That was the best prank (even better than the steel pole on the rope done by the Cornelia Marie in Season 2 or the flour bomb).

I missed the first few minutes of Episode 1, so I have to ask: Is Crosby on the Wizard still technically a Greenhorn? Given his performance last season, he should be a full-share deckhand by now.

Best line so far: When the Northwestern almost takes off without Jake because he called a girl, and Sig said, "That would have been an expensive piece of a**."

Edited on 04/16/2008 7:02am

PIPHS

[12]Apr 16, 2008
    I am going to have to rewatch the episodes because I don't recall seeing anything that would make me think the NW and the Wizard are going to get into a scrap over gear.

Minarvia

[13]Apr 16, 2008

It happen in the montage of preview footage for up and coming new season.

It starts with Keith over the radio saying "You touch my gear again, it war." Then there is a shot of the NW in the same location of the Wizard, again it could be editing or it was something that really did happen. We just don't know all of the details of that.

starwolf99

[14]Apr 18, 2008

I still need to see Episode 2, so I don't know if it contains the footage of Sig yelling, "I want the crab count NOW!" or the fight between Jake and Matt on the Northwestern.

From what I heard, the Wizard is continuing to have bad luck with respect to Greenhorns (with the exception of Crosby).

Jake Harris has yet to learn his lesson from Season 3 with regards to misspending. If there is poetic justice, Captain Phil will make him work the deck to the point of having a plasma TV useless in his cabin.

DJ_Wikkid

[15]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 8

Yes, I think Crosby is a full-share now. The Wizard has taken on two NEW greenhorns, and one of them(MOI) starts falling apart asap, and they are not even busting out at full speed on deck yet.

I loved how they showed a different type of crabbing boat...the Early Star I think. They are using a method called long-lining with crab pots. This look so much more dangerous then the boats we usually see. I wonder which is better and/or faster.

WIKKID

ThreeEdgedSword

[16]Apr 18, 2008
    Minarvia wrote:

It happen in the montage of preview footage for up and coming new season.

It starts with Keith over the radio saying "You touch my gear again, it war." Then there is a shot of the NW in the same location of the Wizard, again it could be editing or it was something that really did happen. We just don't know all of the details of that.

Thanks for saying it may be editing . . . you never know, they may be just trying to encourage people to watch.

P.S. love your signature!

Edited on 04/18/2008 6:41pm

PIPHS

[17]Apr 18, 2008
    It was posted on the Wizard's site that the boat is the Paragon not the Northwestern....

KellyfromBahia

[18]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 2
    So glad to hear that!It would have been so bad for the Northwestern's reputation!

starwolf99

[19]May 15, 2008
    One thing I noticed from rewatching this episode. The fleet size was further reduced this season (from 89 in Season 2 to 74 this season).

LinaLoN

[20]May 16, 2008
    • level: 6

I loved the Time Bandit's prank it was the best prank so far because it wasn't a personal beef or anything... it was just out of fun. Hey, Phil needed a truck... he got one. I'm almost tempted to ponder why he dropped it back into the water but of course I know why.

Yeah Sig and the rest of the crew are all ready creating tension between each other pretty much right away. When Jake wasn't getting onboard I was so scared he had backed out because of the other guys teasing him but it was so funny to find out it was because he was talking to a girlfriend on the phone. It was even funnier what Sig shouted to him about it.

Ouch things don't look good for Phil right off the bat too. I think Phil has the worst luck when it comes to his boat than any other and it looks like that plus his sons' handiwork are going to cause him more problems this year. Poor guy.

Moi is a loser... Wizard should've just left him on the dock.