Deadliest Catch Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelIn Season

Offical topic for Deadliest Catch episode "A Number Game"

Minarvia

[1]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 39

This is the offical topic for Deadliest Catch episode "A Number Game":

"The King crab season is well under way, but ships and people are already showing signs of weakness; The Northwestern has a mechanical breakdown, the Wizard's greenhorns are lost in the midst of work and the Cornelia Marie's captain's health is failing which greatly affects the crew."

Here is a clip from this week episode:

Clip of Jake's crab counting

Edited on 04/20/2008 3:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

starwolf99

[2]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 12

And I thought Captain Phil quit smoking? Between that and the Red Bull, no wonder he collapsed on the wheel. I'm surprised that they let Jake do the crab count on the Northwestern. Hopefully, they won't make the same mistake the Rollo did in Season 2 (in which a miscount resulted in the boat being over quota). I'm still trying to grasp the concept of Jonathan Hillstrand being a grandfather. As for the Early Dawn, I am reminded of Season 1 in which every time the show mentioned a boat being a top-earner in past seasons, that boat will fish poorly during the current season. This new boat seems to be no exception. Memories of the Billikin and Fierce Allegiance come to mind.

One thing I'm fond of these teams is that each one has a seasoned veteran deckhand/deck boss who is not related to the captain but is a reliable workhorse and trusted friend. The Northwestern has Nick Mavar. The Cornelia Marie has Murray. The Wizard has Lenny and Gary Soper. The Time Bandit has Russel.

Edited on 04/24/2008 12:47pm

Minarvia

[3]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 39
    starwolf99 wrote:
    I'm surprised that they let Jake do the crab count on the Northwestern. Hopefully, they won't make the same mistake the Rollo did in Season 2 (in which a miscount resulted in the boat being over quota).

Maybe this one of those things that he has to do, if he wants to become a full share guy. Also, Sig's recation toward the crab count is totally different from the reaction that Eric did.

starwolf99

[4]May 2, 2008
    • level: 12
    Minarvia wrote:
    starwolf99 wrote:
    I'm surprised that they let Jake do the crab count on the Northwestern. Hopefully, they won't make the same mistake the Rollo did in Season 2 (in which a miscount resulted in the boat being over quota).

Maybe this one of those things that he has to do, if he wants to become a full share guy. Also, Sig's recation toward the crab count is totally different from the reaction that Eric did.

Sig is not Eric (thankfully).
    It seems like even the serious veterans are having trouble this season. Sig's team is starting to buckle under the stress. Phil just doesn't seem on the crab. Jonathan's son is jumping ship. The Coburns are still having trouble with aged Greenhorns.