Deadliest Catch Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelIn Season

Offical topic for "Mortal Men"

Minarvia

[1]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 39

Here is the topic for "Mortal Men",

"Massive storm waves tear up the decks of the Early Dawn, North American, and Northwestern. On the Cornelia Marie, Capt. Phil injures his ribs and begins coughing blood, after he tossed from his bunk due to a wave hitting his boat but he won't head in for medical attention until his crew refuses to work any more."

This is the episode that I was looking forward to seeing ever snice I heard about Phil's injury back in March.

Here is the preview clip of the injury, warring it a little painful to watch:

Phil's injury

Also, I will allow the talk about 2nd episode of After the Catch, Brothers as well in this thread.

Edited on 06/24/2008 12:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TBones22

[2]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    Man, I hope everything goes well for Phil. All the guys sure have had a rough season...

LinaLoN

[3]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 6
    Aw man, I knew this episode was going to be difficult to watch but it was almost unbareable to watch another human being suffering. I knew the camera guy wasn't going to cross lines and just keep filming. But at the same time the camera man kept Phil occupied and focused on what was going on. I loved Jonathan's awareness of Phil's position. Too bad the North American and the Northwestern got SLAMMED by the waves! The poor NA was torn! Poor guys!

kdtfiles

[4]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 23
    I was worried they were going to say it was cancer, so glad it wasn't. Phil looked really good on After The Catch, so he must have gotten over the clot problem