Deadliest Catch Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelIn Season

Offical topic for the episode "No Season for Old Men"

Minarvia

[1]May 26, 2008
    • level: 39

Here is the offical topic for the episode "No Season for Old Men" a.k.a "The End in Sight".

"As the king crab season comes to an end, a totally exhausted crew fills the Northwestern's crab tanks to the brim. Cornelia Marie has a blackout. North American does a "Hail Mary". Wizard and Time Bandit race for the "String of the Week" prize."

Note: Stay on topic, if you don't I will remove your posts. I am trying to have a board that is full with people that are talking about the series and that is all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sparkie_ac

[2]May 27, 2008
    • level: 18
    Wow it was mutiny on the Dawn, that was harsh for sure. I didn't feel right about it and really felt pitty for the skipper and then seeing the crew laughing wow that is all I can say. I wonder just wonder if it was a little pay back or not by the owners son for attempting to get him fired, it was only a thought I doubt he really did it for that reason.

And my lovely NW, poor Edger getting hit by the hook. Ouch, darn that had to hurt but he got up and kept going. And poor Jake felt so bad. But after all their hard hard work the NW still rocked into second place and brought home a awesome catch!

TimeBandit, sweet to see that John's son comes back to help and the time him and John had. But Andy getting called away for family again, didn't that happen last season too that brother Andy got called off ship. Anyway TimeBandit takes home the Capt.'s bet with average of 75 crab string. And the whole deication to John and Andy's dad at the end was nice.

Hey the hailmary worked for the NorthAmerican so I guess we get to see them again.

Overall all right ending for Red Crab season.

starwolf99

[3]May 27, 2008
    • level: 12
    It seemed like a brutal King Crab season for almost all of the vessels. Once again, the Time Bandit reigned supreme in a fishing competition. The numbers put the previous season to shame (75 crab/pot average). It was also about the Hillstrand legacy as three generations converged.
    The Cornelia Marie is just lucky to finish. I'm worried about the previews for the Opilio season in which Captain Phil looked like he was having a heart attack. I continue to be a fan of Murray, especially after his repair work.
    The North American was lucky with its Hail Mary catch. It looks like we will see the vessel again during the Opilio season. It was just like Edgar Hansen to shrug off a hit from a swinging hook. It looked like Jake was more bruised (in terms of ego) than Edgar over the incident.
    It sucked to be the Early Dawn. Between poor fishing, poor crew behavior, and a monotonic captain, I'm hoping that I don't have to see the boat again. It was a stinging insult to have the remaining quota leased mid-fishing. This is another reason why I'm not a fan of boats owned by those other than the captains.

LinaLoN

[4]May 28, 2008
    • level: 6

Yay, the Time Bandit won! I was rooting for them the whole time! Heck, I wouldn't have started watching this show if it wasn't for that boat and those guys on it! I'm so glad Jonathan was on the crab the whole season! Not only did he win the Captain's wager once again but he also grossed the most quoatas than all the other boats! A lot of the time it comes down to the wire then Jonathan pulls something out of his... well you know what. The last string this crab season reflected the amazing last string he had last year! I was felt so sympathetic for Jonathan when Scotty decided to just give up and leave you could tell it kinda hurt him. I know Scotty had good intentions with his future family and all but he could've at least finished the crab season before quitting. So I'm glad he turned around! I could seriously watch an entire episode with just the Time Bandit crew because it wouldn't be boring and there's always something going on.

It's funny I just read the "Time Bandit" book the other night and then I watched this episode and I understood things a lot better. The tribute at the end... that suited Jonathan's father but at the same time I'm sure he was complaining about it being too flashy.

As for the Northwestern... looks like Jake just keeps on messing up and this time it ended up getting Edgar hurt. Hopefully Jake will be able to react faster to situations and learn the flow of things. Good thing Edgar has a hard head!

I couldn't have cared less about the "North American". They were boring to watch.

Same thing with the Early Dawn. I kind of likes the mutiny at the end that made things a little more spicy to watch.

Cornelia Marie... I think they need a serious support session because I'm sure the strain from this season will still effect the boat next season. It looks like someone might have to step up to captain or perhaps Co-captain soon if Phil is going to get better both mentally and pysically. He needs a season off of fishing and give one of his crew temporary captain position. This is just my opinion.

The Wizard.... well looks like one of the Greenhorns might have the same job next season but Moi... God no Keith don't even consider him again!

starwolf99

[5]May 29, 2008
    • level: 12

The situation on the Early Dawn wasn't so much spicy as bitter. This is the first time I've seen a boat end a season on such a low note. I think the producers wanted to show the contrast between their very successful Red Crab season and their dismal King Crab season.

I can see Murray taking over for Phil as Co-Captain of the Cornelia Marie if necessary. Jake and Josh are not ready, though they have strong work ethics as deckhands.

PattiP0414

[6]May 29, 2008
    • level: 9

I really felt bad for Captain Rick - the Early Dawn. I really thought that Bryan's phone call to Dear Old Daddy was b~s~. Then, Bryan and the other deckhands had the audacity to laugh about it!! Ok, so he wasn't "on the crab", but how many times has that happened throughout crab fishing history??!!??!! Crabs march to their own tune and all captains are at the mercy of the crabs (and Mother Nature). I am fairly certain that each and every one of our favorite captains have suffered from an "off" season. To me, Bryan came off as shallow and very much a spoiled brat!!

Captain Phil looks like he needs to take a season off to recuperate. This season of king crab was harder than usual for him. It is becoming very clear that his diet of cigarettes and Red Bull is beginning to catch up to him. I'm glad to see that Josh stepped up to care for him while he was down.

Poor Edgar!! My head started hurting just watching that!! I'll bet he's literally cracked his skull!! Seeing him continue to work just proved how tough he really is!!

LinaLoN

[7]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 6

Previews for the oppie season shows the Early Dawn crew with Rick there so I'm assuming all things have been straightened out. It was very sneaky and unneccessary what Brian did but it was his version of revenge for all the things Rick tried to do with him.