Deadliest Catch Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelIn Season

Offical topic for the episode "Storm Season"

Minarvia

[1]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 39

Here is the offical topic for the episode "Storm Season"

The Opilio season begins. A dual storm system challenges a patched Cornelia Marie and almost costs the Time Bandit two of her men. A medical emergency on one of the boats brings in the U.S. Coast Guard, but the dangerous freezing spray puts everyone's lives at risk.

I just saw it, the sea footage/dropping of the pots was totally amazing!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Piper070858

[2]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 3
    Awesome episode! $40,000 to fix or rather overhaul the engine on the Cornelia Marie & it still breaks down! Poor Capt. Phil!

starwolf99

[3]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 12
    Piper070858 wrote:
    Awesome episode! $40,000 to fix or rather overhaul the engine on the Cornelia Marie & it still breaks down! Poor Capt. Phil!

I'm sad to say that it wouldn't be a season on the Cornelia Marie without a major mechanical failure. Phil looks even more worn out.
    I was surprised that Moi was asked back for Opilio season on the Wizard. I was also surprised to see the Early Dawn on the list as well.
    It was good to see Scott Hillstrand back on the Time Bandit, though his first opilio season was almost his last as he went for a ride on the hook. The storms are definitely brutal this year.

LinaLoN

[4]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 6

What the hell is Moi still doing there?! Has Capt. Keith lost his mind... well he will eventually with Moi there.

Scotty's little accident was funny but at the same time it was a little scary.

Looks like Jake on the NW is still trying to make it as a deckhand instead of a Greenhorne it sucks when the whole crew is sick!

The Cornelia Marie breaks down in every single season! If it was a horse I would probably shoot it years ago. But I guess there's not much that can be done unless Phil either sells the boat to buy a new one or fix the entire boat from the front to back.... inside and out. Poor guy.

I'm hating the "next episode" scenes they threa together to make it look different than what actually happens in the episode. No sick Phil in this episode. I'm already annoyed with the editing.

starwolf99

[5]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 12
    LinaLoN wrote:

What the hell is Moi still doing there?! Has Capt. Keith lost his mind... well he will eventually with Moi there.

Scotty's little accident was funny but at the same time it was a little scary.

Looks like Jake on the NW is still trying to make it as a deckhand instead of a Greenhorne it sucks when the whole crew is sick!

The Cornelia Marie breaks down in every single season! If it was a horse I would probably shoot it years ago. But I guess there's not much that can be done unless Phil either sells the boat to buy a new one or fix the entire boat from the front to back.... inside and out. Poor guy.

I'm hating the "next episode" scenes they threa together to make it look different than what actually happens in the episode. No sick Phil in this episode. I'm already annoyed with the editing.

Isn't Phil's boat co-owned by a woman actually named Cornelia Marie? Phil doesn't have sole ownership to sell the vessel (which is second in size only to the Wizard out of the boats in this season).

LinaLoN

[6]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 6
    Oh yeah, I barely recall Phil mentioning that. If that's true then why the hell doesn't she dish out the money for upkeeping the boat? Whenever something is wrong with the boat it's always Phil who ends up paying for it and whenever the boat needs something new he's the one who uses his own money to do it. Does the co-owner care about her own boat? She should be making sure the boat is safe for the sea because Phil is the one who's raking in the crab not her.