Deadliest Catch Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelIn Season

Who is your Favorite Captain?

vdorocks

[1]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 2

Which Captain would you work for?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Minarvia

[2]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 39
    God, I have a few that I would like to work for, if they would allow a woman on board their boat.

1.) Jerry Tiley, the skipper of the Aluetian Ballard, why because he allows women on board his boat. That goes the same with Rick of the Maverick.

2.) Capt. Keith, the skipper of the Wizard, why because of his calm, but sterm action, a good example is the way that he told Cosby to get off the stack.

3.)Capt. Eric, the skipper of the Rollo, I just loves his easy going attutiude toward fishing. Plus their crew's deck games, like the Coast Guard send off, Matt's brithday celebration by wacking at a pinta.

While I do enjoy Sig and Phil, because of their sense of humor, those boats just don't do for me.

starwolf99

[3]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 12
    Minarvia wrote:
    God, I have a few that I would like to work for, if they would allow a woman on board their boat.
    1.) Jerry Tiley, the skipper of the Aluetian Ballard, why because he allows women on board his boat. That goes the same with Rick of the Maverick.
    2.) Capt. Keith, the skipper of the Wizard, why because of his calm, but sterm action, a good example is the way that he told Cosby to get off the stack.
    3.)Capt. Eric, the skipper of the Rollo, I just loves his easy going attutiude toward fishing. Plus their crew's deck games, like the Coast Guard send off, Matt's brithday celebration by wacking at a pinta.
    While I do enjoy Sig and Phil, because of their sense of humor, those boats just don't do for me.
    That's the beauty of this show: No two captains are alike. Sig has that cool, calm, calculating demeanor. Eric is easy going. Blake has that young, cocky attitude. Rick and Donna are like your parents. And then there's Phil Harris who's like the Gordon Ramsey of fishing. Personally, I would work for either Captain Rick of the Maverick or Captain Jonathan of the Time Bandit with his biker attitude.

skizz624

[4]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    Sig, Jonathan, Andy are the ones i would work for.

Elaine32358

[5]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    Sig, Greg, Johathan. They are all good. They put their lives of all on the line when out there working.

starwolf99

[6]Jun 27, 2007
    I'm a sucker for captains who also get on deck. That's why I have a soft spot for Jeff Weeks, Sig, the Hillstrand Brothers, and Phil Harris (though he was on deck for the coiling competition only).

Franny1313

[7]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 9
    I would go with Jonathan because he is silly at times. Than Rick, and Sig.

GhostintheBox

[8]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    Sig because he reminds me of the sheriff from Invasion and he's hilarious at times

starwolf99

[9]Jul 3, 2007
    I've recently acquired Season 1 on DVD and have looked at the captains. I miss CaptainLarry of the Sea Star, Rick/Donna from the Maverick, and Jeff from theBillikin. I wonder how many of the captains from that season (besides Rick) are still around.

Minarvia

[10]Jul 4, 2007
    I can help with that, Larry is still around and active in the commerical fishing industry. despite the fact that he dose not activly fish anymore. He is an avdisor to the series much like Sig is. Plus his boat, the Sea Star has been turned from a fishing boat to a tour boat. Jeff still works on varrious different Trident Seafood owned boats, the Billikin is tied up in Seattle, but still maintained, just in case one of the Trident Owned crab boats sinks or is scrapped.

starwolf99

[11]Jul 5, 2007
    Minarvia wrote:
    I can help with that, Larry is still around and active in the commerical fishing industry. despite the fact that he dose not activly fish anymore. He is an avdisor to the series much like Sig is. Plus his boat, the Sea Star has been turned from a fishing boat to a tour boat. Jeff still works on varrious different Trident Seafood owned boats, the Billikin is tied up in Seattle, but still maintained, just in case one of the Trident Owned crab boats sinks or is scrapped.

Was the Billikin originally owned by Trident? I heard that Jeff Weeks is currently captain of a boat called the Bountiful.

Minarvia

[12]Jul 5, 2007
    Yes, the Billikin has always been owned by Trident Seafood that goes the same with the Farwest Leader and the Bountiful, which is in fact a moblie processer.

starwolf99

[13]Jul 6, 2007
    Minarvia wrote:
    Yes, the Billikin has always been owned by Trident Seafood that goes the same with the Farwest Leader and the Bountiful, which is in fact a moblie processer.

Now I need to watch Season 3 again to see if that was the same mobile processer that broke down early in the Opilio season (messing the Cornelia Marie and the Wizard in the process).

tutieq

[14]Jul 9, 2007
    Phil Harris (II) the captain of the Cornelia Marie

papabair1973

[15]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 1

my favorite captainis Sig I like the way he runs his ship and his crew like a family. I am a disabled pirson and would very much like to meet them all but i know i can't do that now because of my health and money but most of all i like a jacket you see im a big man and if i can get one it would need to be 5x so thank you alotand keep hauling in the big ones thank you from a big fan

The1Princess

[16]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    Sig on the Northwestern is my favorite!!!

RETIREDJMM

[17]Sep 9, 2007

SIG ON THE NOTHWESTERN . IF I WAS CATCHING CRAB THATS THE BOAT I WOULD BE ON.

HE KNOWS HIS JOB AND GETS THE CRAB

jedimastah

[18]Sep 27, 2007
    SIG, for sure! because they are norwegian and i would love working with him and edgar, they are hilarious. im also norwegian

LinaLoN

[19]May 16, 2008
    • level: 6

Jonathan definately! He reminds me of a "crazy-uncle" as a pirate who hunts for crabs instead of treasure (all though by their accounts it is treasure). He has a great sense of humor, likes to have fun and loves what he does. He has standards that are reasonable compared to some of the other captains. He might goof around alot but when a serious situation comes up, he snaps right to it and I know everything will turn out okay. He doesn't give up even when things are against him and because of that good things happen in the end.

I mean I'm a girl so there's very little chance I would even be allowed on one of their boats because of the whole "unlucky" thing (totally untrue btw because Radnell is on the Farwest Leader and Rick's wife was on the Maverick) but if it was at all possible I think it would be harder for me to work for the Northwestern even though I think Edger and Jake are awesome. I think things would be stacked against me there. Same thing with the Cornelia Marie. However, I think I would have a better chance with the Time Bandit or Farwest Leader... maybe the Wizard if I could work with Crosby. I would have much more to prove than previous females onboard any of the ships because I wouldn't be a cook, I would try at being a Greenhorm even if it meant just doing bait or I'm very good with machinery so I could try hydrolics. Either way, yeah I can cook but I wouldn't want the fact that I'm a girl label me to be like a non-existant crew member. I would have more to prove than any of the previous women who have been crabbing. However, I am used to that stressful kind of work. The overworked grind.... sleepless nights... working through nights... lifting heavy pots/lines... dealing with people I might not like... taking orders... super-speed pace... getting injured... fear of being swept into the seas those things I would have to tackle and conquer but compared to wimping out because I'm a girl... that would be worse than anything else.

starwolf99

[20]May 29, 2008
    After this King Crab season, Captain Jonathan continues to be a solid favorite.