Deadliest Catch Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelIn Season

Who is your Favorite Captain?

PattiP0414

[21]May 29, 2008
    • level: 9
    From previous seasons: Captain Jeff - the Bilikin and Captain Scott - the Rollo. From current season: Captain Jonathan - Time Bandit; Captain Phil - the Cornelia Marie; and Captain Sig - the Northwestern.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Minarvia

[22]May 30, 2008
    • level: 39
    PattiP0414 wrote:
    From previous seasons: Captain Jeff - the Bilikin and Captain Scott - the Rollo.

I think you meant Capt. Eric Nyhammer.

starwolf99

[23]May 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    Jeff Weeks was definitely a favorite during Season 1 Opilio. Too bad his season was poor. He reminded me of Jeff Bridges as The Dude.

sfaberge

[24]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 21
    Eric Nyhammer and Sig Hansen for me. Phil a close third.

AJGCN

[25]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    My favorite captains are Sig, Jonathan and Phil!

sparkie_ac

[26]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 18
    I think I would have to with Sig over all but just as a personal favorite maybe cause I am a girl and I liked him Blake would be on top for me too. So no one else really liked him LOL he was really cute too.

amoran968

[27]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    I would rather work for a captain that has been fishing for a long time, so my vote is for Sig or Phil.

TBones22

[28]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    Sig and Phil. Jonathans awesome too though. really most of the captains that are in the show this season are really cool
    I used to like Blake cuz he was hott and i love the ships name Maverick... but i guess a lot of people thought he was a jerk so idk..

osdawaya16

[29]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 28
    I definitely love Sig and Phil and Jonathan and Andy. My favorite is pobably Sig. My favorite boat is Sig's boat. I don't think I could pick which one I'd want to work on, but it would befinitely be one of them (if they would take women..).

annabelle1411

[30]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    starwolf99: My brother is on a boat called the Bountiful and Jeff is his captain and has been for the past couple of seasons. I just wanted to tell you that I think the same as far as the "The Dude"!!! My brother said he is an awesome guy ~ but he said like any other captain... once they are in the wheelhouse they are very different from what they are like "outside the job". After my brother found out that Jeff Weeks was his captain ~ I was pretty excited! Who knows... maybe Jeff has some pull and he could convince Discovery to put the Bountiful on TV! Sure would be exciting!!!

Minarvia

[31]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 39
    annabelle1411 wrote:
    starwolf99: My brother is on a boat called the Bountiful and Jeff is his captain and has been for the past couple of seasons. I just wanted to tell you that I think the same as far as the "The Dude"!!! My brother said he is an awesome guy ~ but he said like any other captain... once they are in the wheelhouse they are very different from what they are like "outside the job". After my brother found out that Jeff Weeks was his captain ~ I was pretty excited! Who knows... maybe Jeff has some pull and he could convince Discovery to put the Bountiful on TV! Sure would be exciting!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Trident, who owns that boat as with the Billikn and the Farwest Leader, has stated that they will not allow any more film crews on board their boats. I don't know why, but I can assume it was the way that the Farwest Leader was edited in the third season.

ragamuffin42

[32]Feb 24, 2009

I'd work for Capt. John or Sig

chefkda

[33]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 9
    I think all the " Deadliest Catch"captains are great, but I don't think I'd want to work for any of them. I'd never want to work the deck on any Alaskan fishing boat. What those guys do is nuts and is not for normal people. I've worked for a few delivery boat captains as a cook/deckhand and we'd only go out in calm seas, and still we'd have many things go wrong. The TV doesn't really show half of the dangers. It's sad because sooner or later one of those crab boats will sink with the camera crew in it.
    Edited on 03/30/2009 8:40pm

Piegurl25

[35]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 5

My favorite captain would have to be Sig. My second choice would be the brothers on the Time Bandit. They seem really cool to work for and I like how they're very superstitious.

Musicstar5

[36]Jul 31, 2009
    ANDY AND JONOTHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes yes yes! I luv the time bandit!