Deadliest Catch

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Apr 01, 2005 In Season

SrRui

Deadliest Catch Fan Reviews (87)

• Season finale was terrific

I loved the season finale, everyone did great despite the adversity they faced. I'm happy for Jake and Josh coming into their own, I didn't want the show to be over. We also love the bait, great preview of the show, plus we can see that everyone is safe even at the end of the season.

This is by far the best reality show on TV. We rate it a perfect 10.
  • SEASON 11 Continues

REVIEW FOR EPISODE 5/26/2015: EPISODE: Heavy Lies. TIME BANDIT. With 3 rookies on the boat, tempers sometimes come to the surface. With a 14 day trip before off loading, dead loss was expected. And, they lost $48,000+. But they did manage of make more than $1,000,000 for the boat. CORNELLIA MARIE. Josh is getting big headed. Not willing to listen to anyone. And, the crew knows this with the lousy showing they are having. You can be a boat owner, but the learning curve in not just one season. NORTHWESTERN. On the honey hole. Tanks are full when JAKE has a hissy fit. Thinking he is the world's best captain, he stomps off the dick when he is told to fix a damaged hose. Sig finally let him sit in the captains seal for a run. Bit mistake. JAKE WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS DEGAR. REVIEW FOR EPISODE 5/19/2015: EPISODE: Elliott Neese bids Farewell. The SAGA is under duress and as Elliott continues to spiro down the dark hold of addictions. The relief captain is trying to keep the boat going. But bad crab count and ongoing conflict between the crew and Elliott almost causes a serious accident. Finally, at port for their off load, Elliott leaves to who know where to do who know what. NORTHWESTERN. Sig jokes about Jakes upcoming fatherhood. As a view, who cares about this? It has nothing to do with the theme of this show. Jake is running the hydro's with a tangled pot comes up. His lack of attention causes damage to the boom. But he has on the boat. For real, Jake will NEVER be as good as Edgar. WIZARD. Keith has to get thing straight with the crew and the injured crew men. The meeting is short and to the point. The boat is stuffed and heads for port. CORNELIA MARIE. Josh is in port for his first king craw offload. Keith visits and notes the poor conditions of the deck. He points this out to Josh. He urges Josh to fish Bairdi, but Josh want to stick with king crab. Keith ever offers to tell him were to fish. But, Josh will not hear anything of it. I hope his lax attitude will not be the down fall of this boat. Sometimes you do need help getting going. REVIEW FOR EPISODE 5/12/2015: EPISODE: Super Typhoon Part 2. CORNELIA MARIE. Josh get has first real challenge with the fleet fighting through a super typhoon. Monster waver and wind. He finally gives up the seat to his trainer and lights up cigarette after cigarette after cigarette. On dick, the crab counts in miserable. Finally, safety takes precedence over fishing and they head for cover. NORTHWESTERN: With Edgar our sick, the ship has to rely on Jake to be Mr. Fix It. They lose steering and with some luck, Mr. Fix It finds the problem. Like the Cornelia Marie, Sig finally shuts down and heads for cover. WIZZARD: Keith keeps pounding the boat and crew as they are cramming the tanks. Finally, the ship is full. SAGA: Captain Elliott is not shaken his drug demon so the First Mate takes the helm and Elliott goes on deck. Stumbling and bumbling on the deck is not helping the crew. Time will tell. REVIEW FOR EPISODE 5/5/2015: EPISODE: Super Typhoon. Part 1. On the NORTHWESTERN, everything as usual. Hard work and good grab. CAPE CAUTION. On the crab, but hoping to beat the typhoon. The boat is full, heads to safe harbor. WIZARD. They are still on the crab, but Keith is not happy with one crew member that was injured, but not caring his weight. He was made arrangement for a replacement, but needs him on the boat now. He calls the SAGA and asks Elliott if he could bring the new troop out to him. Elliott agrees. SAGA. In the process of making a transfer of the new crew man for the WIZARD, one of his crew men breaks his arm. The transfer finally is accomplished, but now what will Elliott do with his injured crew man. REVIEW FOR EPISODE 4/28/2015: EPISODE: The Ultimatum. SAGA: Typical Elliott. Thinking he is a great captain. Considering his past, he is lucky to still be on a boat. NORTHWESTERN: Sig wants to get Edgar for snow crab. Medically, Edgar has some bad discs in his back. All Sig is concerned about is can he still make it back for snow crab season. Let's see Sig work the dick for 10 or 20 years and see what physical condition he is in. CORNELIA MARIE: After 3 weeks delay for a broken this and that, Josh finally get the boat fishing, or you could call it pulling empty pots. A move suggested by his training captain finally put him on the king crab. WIZARD: A crew member is injured and is off the deck for a while. All you hear is bitching and a lot waa waa. Keith finally lays down the law. Work or pack your bags. REVIEW FOR EPISODE 4/21/2015: EPISODE: Prodigal Son. This episode starts with the attempt to get the CORNELIA MARIE away from the dock. After sitting for several days because one part didn't arrive, the bug blue craft finally fires up and creeps away from the dock. But, not more than a mile later, oops, the alarm goes off. Locally, just a loose nut. Finally, let's go fishing. WIZZARD. Crab, crab and more crab. NORTHWESTERN. Edgar finally tells Sig about his back problems. Waa waa was Sig's response. One good thing about this boat is the quality of the crew, with one exception. Jake, the wanta be captain. I would like to see Sig work the deck for 5 or 6 years like Edgar has done. TIMEBANDIT. For one, Jonathan is happy with another ship's captain. Keith on the WIZARD gave the bandit the word where the crabs were. Keith was right. REVIEW FOR EPISODE 4/14/2015: EPISODE: Lost in Translation. Before Season Starts. To start, I can't believe Sig and Edgar would become soft criminals in stealing the Cape Caution as a joke. This is not the quality we expect from them. Wild Bill should have called the Coast Guard. And then there was Jake Anderson, the wanta be god's gift to crab fleet. He is a deck hand at best, no better. NORTHWESTERN: Strikes out by themselves; hits the jack pot and drives the crew for days until they are discovered. TIME BANDIT: Johnathan: What can we say about him? It is hard to understand what side he is on. The good guy who will help someone in distress or the bad guy who will attack a fellow captain. He did start out on new grounds but just enough king crab for a small dinner. SAGA: Nothing has changed. In theory, Elliott, went though treatment. In reality, he is still the Elliott of past season. Complain, complain, complain. AND, lazy! CAPE CAUTION: Wild Bill is still Wild Bill. Complains when one of his motors breaks down and is not fixed in a flash. Why didn't he do it? He did hit a hop spot, but mother nature hit him with vengeance. WIZARD: Keith started out the season on a bad note. A partner boat that he had worked with for years with his own way and took 40% if his king crab allocation. And, when he found a hot spot, the other boat showed up, trying to horn in on this spot. Fortunately, the Time Bandit came and help Keith defend his area. CORNELIA MARIE: After being out of the fleet for several years after the captain's death and Josh being the boat back last season, hopes were for a good start this season. But, the boat didn't even make it to Dutch Harbor, breaking down enroute. A week's delay and still not all the parts arrived. Good start for some and bad start for others.
  • No Longer a Family Show

3.5
    We have watched every episode of DC. If Elliott Neese is back next season we are done watching. 5/19 show went too far--showing him scratching his crotch and rambling endlessly about himself. The lesson should be quick--do drugs and you are done. While our children are grown, lots of young children idolize these captains and making Elliott a hero is disgusting and wrong. As older viewers, we are tired of listening to him whine and were disappointed to see him back for this season. Really.
  • I Love Deadliest Catch but Please Get Rid of Captain Colburn and Freddy of the Wizard

Overall I love the show "Deadliest Catch", but I wish they would kick Captain Keith Colburn and Freddy Maugatai off the show forever, then I could give the show 5 stars with the Wizard either gone or under new management.

I like the way Captain Keith Colburn could care less about the rest of his crew, but he sure loves his pet Deckhand Freddy Maugatai. When Freddy got hurt, Captain Colburn was so concerned, maybe they are lovers. I say that because he never showed compassion for anybody else, ever. It would be nice if they would just kick Keith Colburn and his bad attitude off the show "Deadliest Catch", I cringe when I have to hear his arrogant and sarcastic comments. What is Freddy, some kind of Samoan? When I was in the military and stationed in Hawaii, it was always the Samoans that caused trouble; they were very huge and always angry people that openly hated all whites (they told us that directly). That is why now, I do not like Samoans at all. Freddy might seem cool when he shows out in front of the camera, but I bet off camera he causes trouble. Remember how Capt Colburn and Keith treated that poor greehorn that didn't want to shave his head? That is when I first started hating the Wizard Captain and Freddy the Samoan. I can't apologize to Samoans if you people are offended, you people did hate whites because you tried to start trouble with us by trying to gang up on us and tried to cause harm to us; you actually yelled that you hated us because we were white. You also called us that derogatory word Haole. Do you stil celebrate Kill Haole Day in the State of Hawaii? Racism is not cool no matter who does it.
  • Commenting on All Captains

Way to go to all of the Captains on the Deadliest Catch. My brother was a Captain on a scallop boat for 35 years in Va. Im sure its different than crabs but you are still on the seas for a long periods of time. My brother passed away a year ago due to liver cancer but he rode the seas until he could not do it any longer. The show is wonderful and I want to say Good job Josh. Your father is watching you.
  • Season 11 episode 1.

How do you run your engine without an oilfilter... You dont! So the whole thing when Cape Caution needs to kill the port enginge to change an oilfilter that have blown..... If the oilfilter have blown so would the engine had done.... Because the oilpressure would have been gone.... If you gonna lie to make it intense... Do it right....
  • 10 great years!

sure I miss Phil, do so appreciate the scenes of him now & then and the added treat with his boat and son back in the hunt. surprizing this show stealing this ole womans heart 10 years ago I have such withdrawals during their off season and always hope for re-runs now and again to keep me going until next season
  • awsome show

Awsome crab
  • Screen Clutter Ruining the Show

Used to love the show - actually, still do, but we are so sick of the screen clutter - the on-screen ads were bad enough, but now having to deal with the junior-high crowd plastering "Tweets" or whatever this hash-tag garbage is ,is nothing but distracting - ruins the show. I cannot believe that Discovery feels the need to cover up the action with tacky groupie messages. The show is supposed to be about crab fishing, not a place for juvenile texters to get 10 seconds of fame. If this continues, we're done with the show.
  • deadliest catch

best show ever.
  • watch and download

watch and download Deadliest Catch Season 10 Episode 5 "On The Rocks" freee online

click 10-episode-5-rocks/

• Enough already

This show used to be appointment viewing for me about 7 or 8 years ago. But there is literally NOTHING new during every season... the fake little dramas they set up are completely uninteresting. "Will Edgar stay or go?" Who cares, you know he'll stay, where else is he gonna make this kind of money? They catch some crab, they have a rough season, they have some lame, staged practical jokes... it's all so tired I couldn't even get through the hour last night; because I'd seen the same episode before at least 50 times.
  • Wild, Abusive, pigmouth, bigmouth Bill

As Captain of a Vessel, you do not abuse your crew because you ran over your tagline. He may have been slow, but he is not intolerant as you.

You need human and customer relations/professional communication classes. You are a poor excuse for a teacher, boss, and certainly you carry not one ounce of Gentleman in your soul.

Because of your very low degrading comment to your newest deck hand, I really believe you are going to reap what you sown.

Frankly, I am tired of listening to your mouth and looking at your ugly self, I hope you get sued or are removed from the show. If anyone is the loserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it will be YOU!!!

Sincerely,

Sheri
  • Josh Harris on the Cornelia Marie for Season 10

I have been a fan of the show since Season 4. I remember Ships and captains that have came and left. Phil Harris was one who didn't have a choice in the matter. But, WHEN Josh boards the Cornelia Marie for King Crab '14, Phil will once again sail the Bearing sea with his son. Now, if he can find out who broke into his storage locker at Dutch Harbor. Jake? Where were you?
  • Crabbers are weak little babies

3.5
    Its advertised and the cast members act like their doing the hardest most dangerous job in the world lol. That isn't nothing much more then what millions of us down in the lower 48 do 365 days a year, not a couple months and then go sit on our ass for most the year. A REAL badass (like us Arborist) don't have to brag about it neither.
  • brothers of the sea,s

i am an ex merchant navy man and trawler man fished of iceland and tho seen some mighty rough seas my admiration to all the crabbers take care pedro
  • Deadliest Catch Season 9

4.5
    Your main characters are bullies, adulterous idiots, cheating liars, children playing with explosives, and captains who are not worth their word. I'm not sure I care for the producers who have encouraged these behaviors since the first year. They think any conflict is good conflict.

Holdenoak
  • the Wizard captain a huge BULLY !!

Your ass should be sued !! I hope the greenhorn sues your boat right out from under you. Freddy is nothing but a brown-noser bully as well. You deserve NO respect. Just because you can't captain your boat or catch any crab you blame & bully a person who was only standing up for his rights. He was the only MAN on that ship ! You disgust a joke to fishermen as for being a captain, I wouldn't ley you pilot my rowboat up the river ! will get you just set off some bad ju-ju on your ship.
  • Bullying sucks

I can not believe the way Freddie and Keith Bullied the greenhorn. This kind of behavior should not be allowed, I hope the kids sues them for harassment! More disappointing was that none of the other captains called Keith out. He is such a joke as a captain. This is not the first time he has showed his ass on the show, just the worse so far. I guess they are trying to make people believe if you don't go along with everyone and you try to think for yourself then it is ok for people to pick on you and threaten you. This country was formed by people thinking for themselves and standing up for what is right. Thats what makes it great! As we approach the 4th of July we should embrace thinking for ourselves to do whats right and stop watching such a pro bullying show with a brunch of ignorant bullies!
  • common sense

Come on Wizard, use you're brains a little bit. Because the captain didn't have the courage to accept responsibility for not catching any crab, he and the crew tried to force the greenhorn to do something he didn't want to do in order for the crab to swim in their pots. What kind of idiots are these people, that think shaving their heads would make any difference in how many crab they catch. The greenhorn has the right to sue the Captain of the Wizard for everything he has, jut for the fact that the idiot Captain hit him. The Wizard Captain and his crew are nothing but a bunch of superstitious boneheads. Grow up guys!
  • Freddie Being a Bully

My husband and I have been big fans of the Deadliest Catch since the beginning, but after the show this week we are very disappointed. We get the fact that having your hair cut on Capt. Keith's boat is a tradition, but it shouldn't mean it's OK for him to allow Freddie and/or anyone else to bully someone! We find it disgusting and have lost all respect for Keith and Freddie!!! Can't believe how demeaning they are to each other? Don't think we will watch anymore
  • Opening Song info

This is in response to: mussy111, May 21, 2013

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi mussy111, The opening song is "Dead or Alive" by BonJovi. The opening sequence is so short now, it sounds like a second or two of instruments and I can't tell if it changed for Season 9. Oh, I just checked Wikipedia, it also says "Wanted Dead or Alive" is the opening theme, and it includes season 9, so there we go :-)

• Wizard...

When stupidity doesn't pay. Having a hand blown out, it was bound to happen guys!
  • Thinks hes smart an doesnt know shit!!

I hope Elliott and all the other skippers realize that Junior is a f______ b______. He is a small thinker. Instead of looking at the big picture and his future he is only thinking about making the most money now. They all should put him on their "pay him no mind" list. Elliott , you shouldnt give him the time of day. My great-grandfather was a fisherman, my dad said back in the day, Junior would have been run out of the waters!! HE is one A______!!
  • Juniors Karma may sink his Career

At first I though Elliot was an a** and hoped he lost everything, However after watching junior stab two skippers after he called them for help. Hope the crew gets off safe but junior should go down with the ship. How funny juniors lack of keeping his crew safe medically has him asking keith again . Bottomline Junior needs to sink!!!!!10.0
  • HELP!!!

i love the song from the opening episode, fist to the face', does anyone know the name of it? searching google for an hour and cant find anything.
  • Screen Nonsense

I truly cannot stand the fact that some executive decided to make their viewers look at stupid screen ads during the show! Like "Tweet info, Deadliest Catch All New Now and the HD sign. Its the viewers that keep your ratings high!!! Give us a break and remove thoae stupid ads!!! Irs bad enough to edure 50 commercials during a one hour show!!!
  • ADHD KID

4.5
    I am a longtime fan of Deadliest catch from the very beginning and I am also a parent of an adhd kid. I did not appreciate the comment that was made by Captain Bill's son on the Cape Caution. Someone needs to remind this man or rather ignorant boy that adhd is not a "special needs case" but his lack of knowledge is and maybe he should be looked at by a doctor. I hope that this reaches someone who cares. I truly hope that maybe these guys on the show read some of these comments that are posted
  • Season 9 Of Deadliest Catch To Filmed In South China Sea

9 Season Is A Go

& 1 Intresteting News

International Maritime Satire Week Warning: The following is a piece of fiction intended to elicit insight through the use of satire and written by those who do not make a living being funny so it's not serious and very well might not be funny but apparently producer Todd Stanley thought so (see comments below).

SILVER SPRING, MDFollowing a loss in ratings to NBC's Stars Earn Stripes, the Discovery Channel has decided to change the setting of its award-winning reality fishing show Deadliest Catch to the South China Sea.

Sources indicate that Discovery intended to cancel the series until Deadliest Catch producer Thom Beers presented the idea of moving the setting to either the Strait of Hormuz or the South China Sea. With the annual ratings boost from Shark Week a year away, Discovery elected to keep the show and film the next season in the hotly contested Southeast Asian waters.

When asked about the drastic change, Beers said, "The South China Sea is a great move for the series and the hardy American fishing crews viewers have come to love Wizard, Time Bandit, Northwestern, Cornelia Marie, they'll all be there. It's home to a competitive fishing environment and surrounded by countries that have a passion for the sea. You've got Chinese, Filipinos, Vietnamese, Malaysians, and Indonesians out there sailing together. Now we're throwing Americans right into the middle of this great, dynamic

Beers explained that the region's depleted fishing stocks will actually enhance the show's intensity because it raises the stakes for the competing fishing vessels. "These guys will be fighting each other for every single fishliterally," said Beers said with a grin.

Sig Hansen, Captain of the fishing vessel Northwestern, also expressed confidence in adapting to the new environment. "If there's one thing that we need to master right away, it's persistence. We can't turn around no matter what or who is in front of Hansen also talked about the safety situation. "In the Bering Sea, we didn't always have the Coast Guard backing us up because of the conditions. However, we're told that in the South China Sea all these different nations send in their Coast Guard and military vessels to patrol the area. It's a lot safer in my

The crews of Deadliest Catch will face many exciting new challenges in the 9th Season.

The lack of an American port does not deter Beers from basing the show in the region. His team plans to set up their base on one of the sea's many islands. Producer Todd Stanley, Beers' partner, said "Look, a lot of these islands, like the Spratly's, don't have any residents. We're thinking, why not go in take one for ourselves? Of course, we would do the proper legal thing and make sure to hoist an American flag to keep everyone

Stanley revealed that the ships could just anchor at the Scarborough Shoal if they cannot find an island. "We'll just follow the Chinese model, if necessary, and show up with an old-looking map with some lines drawn around things. I've got an old place-mat from my childhood. Do these dashes around Australia mean I own it? Who knows, they could just be spaghetti stains the important point is it would take the UN years to sort through our

When asked for a statement, the Association of Southeast Asians (ASEAN) could not respond with an official comment. Deputy Press Secretary Naoko Saiki believes that the story is a hoax. "It's hard to believe America is home to a television series about crab fishingthis is probably fabricated by one of the nationalist groups in the region. Everyone knows that Americans only watch Jack

Discovery announced that they are also moving Sons of Guns to Iraq and American Loggers to the forests in Colombia. Production on Season 9 starts in October and will premiere on the Discovery Channel in early April.
  • R.I.P Phil Harris!

Don't watch anymore but I do like.
< 1 2 3