TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Deadliest Warrior Forums

Spike TV (ended 2011)

Viking vs Samurai

Who do you believe is Truly Deadiest ?

JuggsGotYa

[1]May 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    This fight is the closest fight between ancient warriors the percentages were 47.8% for the Viking and 52.2% for the Samurai. This fight was decided by a handful of kills, and there is some debatable information. The main one that comes to mind is the Samurai's equipment he had more weapons than any normal Samurai would have had, mainly the Kanabo which was to heavy for anyone but the strongest soilders to effectibly use in combat. So who do you believe is truly deadliest.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

egmerritt

[2]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 1
    While I love the show...I think they should have a crew that has been in combat. They seem to put alot of credit for the warrior who trains for fighting as to one who lives combat. I'm not saying you should discount training, but it only goes so far...ask any veteran. There is a old saying among warriors, about training" once the fight starts...the book goes out the window" As for the Viking vs the Samuari...not to discount the skills of the Samuari, I believe the Vikings would have managed a victory. Experiecne counts! The same with the Maori vs Shalon monk...I think the Little monk would have soiled his cute uniform. To remember all he was taught, and keep his cool in a encounter with a battle tested Maori would be an feat. To show how battle experience makes a difference, I would remind you that Audie Murphy was rejected from the Marines, Navy and Airborne before the regular Army took him(even then his CO tried to get him transfered to a non-combat unit), he fought through the war becoming the most decorated soldier in world war 2. You can not tell what will happen in training, only battle will tell.

omega_dog

[3]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 8
    I agree the viking would have won. This show while it is good it seems like they come up with terrible results too often for example in the gladior vs apache there is no way the gladiator would have lost.

Hoeech

[4]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 66
    egmerritt wrote:
    While I love the show...I think they should have a crew that has been in combat. They seem to put alot of credit for the warrior who trains for fighting as to one who lives combat. I'm not saying you should discount training, but it only goes so far...ask any veteran. There is a old saying among warriors, about training" once the fight starts...the book goes out the window" As for the Viking vs the Samuari...not to discount the skills of the Samuari, I believe the Vikings would have managed a victory. Experiecne counts! The same with the Maori vs Shalon monk...I think the Little monk would have soiled his cute uniform. To remember all he was taught, and keep his cool in a encounter with a battle tested Maori would be an feat. To show how battle experience makes a difference, I would remind you that Audie Murphy was rejected from the Marines, Navy and Airborne before the regular Army took him(even then his CO tried to get him transfered to a non-combat unit), he fought through the war becoming the most decorated soldier in world war 2. You can not tell what will happen in training, only battle will tell.

While I agree that the Viking would be a more fearsome opponent than the Samurai (not that I'd want to fight a Samurai personally), I wouldn't discount the Shaolin monk so quickly. Throughout the various Chinese Dynasties, the Shaolin trained intensively in the martial arts for two reasons: to attain a level of spiritual and physical perfection AND to defend their temples. For hundreds of years, the Shaolin temples in China were constantly under attack by bandits. The monks would fight them off every time. They may not have gone out looking for a fight, but they never ran away from one when it came knocking (and knock it did).

StarWarsGuru66

[5]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 6
    This show just proved the viking would win because without the kanebo for the most part wasn't a real weapon being mostly found in mythology

Hoeech

[6]Aug 26, 2009
    • level: 66
    StarWarsGuru66 wrote:
    This show just proved the viking would win because without the kanebo for the most part wasn't a real weapon being mostly found in mythology

The weapons used by each combatant is instrumental in determining who would win. If you take the kanebo away from the Samurai, you'd have to take the great axe or longsword away from the Viking to compensate. Even so, this match was the closest in terms of win-loss ratio of all the battles of the entire season. It was so close that they could almost call these two warriors evenly matched.

StarWarsGuru66

[7]Aug 27, 2009
    • level: 6

Hoeech wrote:
    StarWarsGuru66 wrote:
    The weapons used by each combatant is instrumental in determining who would win. If you take the kanebo away from the Samurai, you'd have to take the great axe or longsword away from the Viking to compensate. Even so, this match was the closest in terms of win-loss ratio of all the battles of the entire season. It was so close that they could almost call these two warriors evenly matched.

no actually the kanebo was a extremely rare and obscure weapon for not just the samurai, but any soldier to use it was mostly found in mythology used by oni and if a person did used one it was his only weapon no katana or bow just the club because it was so incredibly heavy and hard to use, the warriors don'y have to have the same amounts of weapon like the ninja had like 10 weapons when the spartan only had four.

In reality the samurai would not of carried the kaneco with all the others, vikings on the other hand would of carried all the weapons displayed , except maybe the sword which could be replaced with a hand axe.

WalterYarbrou

[8]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 1

I would say it was even and i truly believe that these kinds of questions will never be answered. The main stay is that while people want to bury into specifics when you go into a fight and you worrying about how many different weapons you want to use. i say the fact that the samurai would only have one or two weapons on him makes him a little more dangerous. Sure the viking might have more on him but with more weight comes more of a burden, also with that being said who has time in a fight to seriously fight and switch between weapons. this isnt a hand to hand fight and you are switching between techniques, so i really think they should run the simulation with the warriors with each weapon comparison and then using the best weapons to have a final showdown that way we may be able to see if things will work to a little more decisive victory.